It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R.Bigelow~"If you knew the truth about what is going on with the UFOs...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Wouldn't sleep at night huh? lol

I think he's right. The average person would probably feel utterly hopeless.
Sadly most people will find out all about why he is too late in the game to matter.

The UFO phenomenon isn't about "aliens" traveling across the depths of space just to get here. It's nothing like that at all.

How do our leaders sleep at night knowing the truth?

They don't have much of a choice in the matter.
They're just going to hold the illusion together up until the last minute.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't know why but a certain gentleman suddenly came to mind.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
"President Obama’s budget proposal for 2011 calls for investing $6 billion over five years for probably two or more companies to develop spacecraft capable of carrying people into space. Then, instead of operating its own systems, like the space shuttles, NASA would buy rides for its astronauts on these commercial space taxis."
Source:www.nytimes.com...

Just this year the current administration approved $20million in research money to SpaceDev to further develope Its Dream Chaser vehicle which is based on a prototype called the HL-20 that was built by nasa in 1991. Bigelow is interested in this vehicle for rides to his station.

If these guys are not in the know, Then I'm sure they soon will be at some level, having thier own space stations and space craft.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by ParaShredder]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

I've always been fascinated by Bigelow. He spends a whole heap of cash on NIDS and abandons it. Then he buys Skinwalker ranch and we know how that turned out. All the while he's funding MUFON and more recently the STAR program. I wonder if after all these years he's managed to get any new data that isn't publicly available. If not, I wonder what makes him keep shoveling out the money.

I'm not arguing that there isn't anything to the phenomenon, there clearly is, but it seems virtually untestable. So why would a smart rich guy keep investing in what seems like a lost cause?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Go on, start with the excuses....you need excuses in this subject in order to believe, because if you just followed logic, reason and common sense this subject would be a dead fish.

Excuses? yeah if you followed logic and encountered a man that has built private space stations, created a research facility around an area that has had a history of paranormal activity for centuries or some debunker on a website with no apparent credibility....

Would logic give us any indication of just who might be the dead fish?

[edit on 11-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I read the book on the Sherman Ranch "Hunt for the Skinwalker" not too long ago, plus listened to several radio interviews with the authors (Kelleher and Knapp), and I thought the entire story has to be the craziest one I've ever heard. However, these guys do sound dead serious about their claims. Reminds me of the saying "Truth is stranger than fiction." Maybe it's just wild enough to be believable - enough for a billionaire to purchase the property and keep it secured and off-limits to the public ever since. They have armed guards on the property who will cause you big problems if you try to sneak onto the property. If there's nothing to the story, why would somebody like Bigelow be interested in the first place? Why protect it? So Kelleher and Knapp can hype another book? Doesn't make sense to me. IMO, seriously rich people aren't usually the type to waste money. There has to be something to this.

I've not been to the ranch, but I've been up in that part of Utah and strange things do seem to happen around there, usually involving strange objects/lights in the sky at night. This activity isn't only seen in NE Utah, it also extends down into northern AZ as well, from the western Navajo land to Flagstaff and down into Sedona. There's something unique and different with the land in this region. An energy emanates from the earth that one can feel but not quite explain. I'm intrigued enough by the story of Sherman Ranch to drive out there and check it out - at least from a distance - but I'm bringing friends, LOL... Just like walking into a house that's reputedly haunted can influence your perceptions, your imagination can get away from you in a place like Sherman Ranch and perhaps influence what you think you're seeing. I'm bit of a believer, but still have enough skeptic in me to rule out the mundane first.

peace.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

If you knew the truth about what is going on with the UFOs, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night."

so does mr bigelow sleep at night ? if so how ??

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

I do like his ideas for space habitats-although I have to ask,if what he has learned about UFOs is so terrifiying,why does he wish to have lots of people "up there" in his unarmed space hotels?

Asking for trouble...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I do not agree with Bigelow on at least one factor: I have seen a triangle, up close, very close, and they are not dirigibles. A dirigible would have to have propulsion, and that would be heard and felt , not silent. Also, a dirigible cannot turn on edge and cartwheel away, they fly flat.

Triangles, at least the huge ones like I saw, are totally silent, massive in size, and have a ' feel' to them that is very intimidating. It looks and feels like it weighs a million tons. trust me, when one is directly overhead at 300 feet up your gut crawls thinking it might set straight down and crush you to a grease spot. No wind caused by it , no varying of movements due to wind around it...NO, it is not a blimp.

No doubt the government has such blimps, but they would be seen and heard at close quarters unless they were antigrav...and why bother with a dirigible if you have antgrav? Makes no sense. Antigrav would allow strong structural integrity and weight would not be a factor at all...all mass is dealt with according to power levels of the antigrav unit.

We have to understand that the aliens have certain things, and we have certain things, and they may be very close or in some cases identical, but it is not all government with the triangles...I will never believe that what we saw that night was a dirigible...no way.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
reply to post by Ahmose

"If you knew the truth about what is going on with the UFOs, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night."

That is very creepy and makes me re-think of aliens being kind and caring.

thats the way this billionnaire and Stephen Hawkings want you think. GG

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ParaShredder

Bigalow reminds me of John Hurt's character, SR Hadden in the movie, "Contact".

Very interesting thread.

Thank you for sharing.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Folks, settle down. This guy doesn't know ANYTHING more that you or I. Anyone with an internet connection can be just as special as this guy concerning this subject. I wouldn't put anymore weight behind this guy than I would your average ATS'er, and you shouldn't either.

Well to be truthful, as an avid ATS'r I think if I had BILLIONS of dollars and my own aerospace company I would know more than the average person. Not because I would be better than anyone, but because I would hire a fleet fo researchers to find me every shred of evidence of anything from everywhere.

So..for that reason alone, I would put more weight behind this guy than most.
You really shouldn't underestimate what a billion dollars can buy you...even in this economy.

..Ex

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Folks, settle down. This guy doesn't know ANYTHING more that you or I.

I should think that someone with two currently orbiting spacecraft (and exclusive access to their imagery) just might reasonably have a little more information on the subject than the average internet user.

Or do you also own some orbital hardware? Otherwise, perhaps you should refrain from such obvious trolling.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
I find it highly suspect that the interviewee
in this article is promoting his book.

And his examples of killing ......
involve dogs turned into black goo,
not humans.

His examples are generalized with no specific
content.

It sounds more like book promotion
than disclosure, sorry just my opinion.

BINGO, you get the cigar.. wait you already have one!
Yes this looks like Bigelow or some one close to him, may have had an encounter with one of the black budget replica vehicles used to create FEAR, gingoism, regarding 'aliens'. I would prefer to heed the death bed warning by Dr Werner Von Braun in the mid 70's:

What was most interesting to me was a repetitive sentence that he said to me over and over again during the approximately four years that I had the opportunity to work with him.

He said the strategy that was being used to educate the public and decision makers was to use scare tactics That was how we identify an enemy.

The strategy that Wernher Von Braun taught me was that first the Russians are going to be considered to be the enemy.

In fact, in 1974, they were the enemy, the identified enemy. We were told that they had "killer satellites". We were told that they were coming to get us and control us-that they were "Commies."

Then terrorists would be identified, and that was soon to follow. We heard a lot about terrorism. Then we were going to identify third-world country "crazies." We now call them Nations of Concern.

But he said that would be the third enemy against whom we would build space-based weapons. The next enemy was asteroids. Now, at this point he kind of chuckled the first time he said it.

Asteroids- against asteroids we are going to build space-based weapons.

And the funniest one of all was what he called aliens, extraterrestrials. That would be the final scare. And over and over and over during the four years that I knew him and was giving speeches for him, he would bring up that last card.

"And remember Carol, the last card is the alien card. We are going to have to build space-based weapons against aliens and all of it is a lie."

Perhaps Bigelow has had a close encounter of the theatrical kind?

[edit on 12-6-2010 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I have now edited the NIDS Wiki entry and now has the later statement from Colm Kelleher it resides in references from hyperlink 3 at the end of the report paragraph.

I have traced the original article featured in Space.com on Sept. 8, 2004 authored by Leonard David an extract is below :

Kelleher said the analysis indicates that deployment of Flying Triangles is open, not covert, and involves low-flying, brightly lit aircraft routinely deployed over populated areas including cities and interstate highways.

“However, I cannot say whether these are U.S. Air Force aircraft. We simply don't know,” Kelleher told Space.com. “But it does not appear to be consistent with the covert patterns of deployment we saw with the F-117 and B-2 prior to their acknowledgement. This is open, even brazen.”

For example, a perfunctory look at the how past military stealth aircraft programs were kept from the public eye — although they eventually came to light — is different from the patterns for the Flying Triangles.

Prior to acknowledgement of the F-117 and B-2 aircraft, only rare nighttime sightings occurred in the sparsely populated sections of Nevada, California and a few other states. Flying at low altitude over populated areas was rarely reported for the F-117 or B-2.

“In contrast, the Flying Triangle deployment, especially during the 1990s, appears more consistent with the open and public operation of these aircraft,” the study explains. The trend of open deployment of the Flying Triangles is not consistent with secret operation of an advanced military aircraft.

Link to full article

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The Skinwalker Ranch is one of my favorite topics of all time! I wish there was more to read on it. Read the book, read every article I could get my hands on and want more!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

reply to post by Ahmose

"If you knew the truth about what is going on with the UFOs, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night."

thats the way this billionnaire and Stephen Hawkings want you think. GG

I know, mate~
I dont buy it either.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

NOW AVAILABLE! For the first time, the tales of the SPIES, the LIES, and extraterrestrial and man-made UFOs are available in print.

The 318 page book includes the complete 100 page mini-book Knowing the Future: CIA, 9/11, UFOs, and the Extraterrestrial Presence!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER FROM AMAZON.COM BOOKS

Gee, what a surprise. This week we had Stanton Friedman reveal the "biggest story of the millenium" (while promoting his new book) and now this guy...

Note to self - never believe a word of anyone promoting a book.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bachrk
The Skinwalker Ranch is one of my favorite topics of all time! I wish there was more to read on it. Read the book, read every article I could get my hands on and want more!

Hi Bachrk, seeing that the Skinwalker Ranch is one of your favorite topics of all time and that you read almost everything about it, I thought this could be interesting for you and perhaps others to.
There are two marvelous interviews of Colm Kelleher about that infamous Utah Ranch here on ATS.

You can find them here.

ATS.MIX: 87 - Colm Kelleher, Part 1 Hunt for the Skinwalker
www.abovetopsecret.com...

ATS.MIX: 88 - Colm Kelleher, Part 2 Hunt for the Skinwalker
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/6/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Ahmose

I wouldnt rethink it.

Yes theres more than likely some aliens out there devoted to power, greed and other scary motives ect.
However theres probarly some kind and caring aliens out there that want eternal peace and a higher state of intelligence.
Theres also probarly aliens out there that just couldnt give a damn.

You only have to look at humans to see the diversity in morality. Imagine that on the scale of the universe. I read somewhere that a scientific estimation on how many advanced (up to our level anyway) civilisations they were out there and the number was well into the 100,000s.

I hate this idea that aliens are all of the same. I very very very much doubt that.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Encoded05]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join