It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America spreading "democracy"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Here's the history of how the "glorious country" in the world America (sarcasm) spreads the democracy.

www.youtube.com...

Can't embed. My apologies

[edit on 11-6-2010 by starwarsisreal]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

I have said for years now: 'spreading democracy' is an oxymoron. Democracy is based on the will of the people. If the idea of democracy is being forcibly introduced into areas, it is no longer democracy.

It isnt possible.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The video also prove 911 is an inside job since the US have a hand on Osama's training if you believe the official story

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
The video also prove 911 is an inside job since the US have a hand on Osama's training if you believe the official story

The U.S. didnt have a 'hand' in training osama. They flat out funded and armed him to oppose the Soviets. He was a CIA asset. Google 'Tim Osman', if that topic interests you.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How come most people aren't aware of the the US creation of al qaida

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

How come most people aren't aware of the the US creation of al qaida

Many people are aware.

Others have been made aware but choose not to believe that their country would do such things.

Some are programmed to think 'conspiracy nut' every time they hear something negative of the USA.

Mostly, i just think people are too apathetic to care.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Can't embed. My apologies

[edit on 11-6-2010 by starwarsisreal]

why cant you?!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
America hasn't spread democracy since they first settled in America. What the machine is spreading is a mass destabilization. It is easier to do business if other countries are in chaos and in need of help.

Provoke war----> destabilize nation----> Place strategic puppets---> make money for the greedy sharks.

The two recent wars have made so much money for many private companies. It is very hard to see how much Cheney made on Haliburton shares, or how much the Bush administration got paid to secure Iraq's oil fields.

What we (the people) need is a civilian based investigation unit.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think you'll appreciate this picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/05802a772d38.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Amazing how spending a little time studying the real history of the U.S. completely wakes you up to just how corrupt the world is, and how the history you are taught is completely watered down and bias. Every war we have ever been in is a direct result from our government not getting what they want so they create a conflict to destabilize other countries so we can exploit their resources.

You can argue that this is good for the American people and helps our nation prosper, but this so called “democracy” established in other countries without the will of the people does not help them. It is not democracy, if it was not the people’s choice. We kill some many innocent citizens because they are in the way and disposable to our society fueled by greed. Our foreign policy strategies screw every nation by keeping them a third world country all while we devastate their country for their natural resources. Too many innocent people are dead because of our corruption and greed, that needs to stop.

However, would anyone living on this planet like it better if Communist Russia, Communist China, or Nazi Germany was in control of the world?

If you don’t want the U.S. to control the world, who should be in control?

I honestly think the U.S. is the best option for freedom, safety, and the pursuit of happiness in the world. We are stuck with what we have at the moment, but we may be able to end the corruption , which could possibly save the lives of innocent people that are stuck in the hell hole of third world country we created for them.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Who should be in charge? People who can do the jobs, not people who have smarmed and sleazed their way up the ranks. That's an ideal though.

You say the liberties and freedoms of the US are better, but try telling that to people in the middle east who were invaded. That's why they fight back, they don't agree with how America runs things, and why should they? It's more democratic to leave people to decide for themselves if they even want to be in a democracy in the first place.

Sure, evil regimes have been changed, only to be replaced with more corrupt US tied regimes that do even less for people than before.

You'd think a lesson would have been learned after these past nine years fighting non-stop in a losing parade of battles, but the US is gearing it up a few notches again and gunning for the rest of the middle east.

Where will it end? That's easy, when there are no people left.

This isn't anything against ordinary Americans, just your government.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Yeah I agree it isn't Democracy if it is forced on the people. I am just saying the people of Afghanistan and Iraq don't like anyone that takes charge of their country, but if they had a choice of one foregin super-powers to rein over them they would choose the U.S.

In Afghanistan, the people fought off the Russians and replaced by them with the Taliban. The people rthen realized they hated the Taliban too because they took away all of women's rights and implented strict religious laws interrputed from the Koran in ways not everyone believed in. Then America comes in grabs a hold of the country, does away with the Taliban, and forces our way of life on them. They hate us and don't want us there either, but you can bet they like us better than the Taliban and Russians.

In Iraq, the people hated Sadam, but they would rather him rule their country than Russia. They were happy when the U.S. destroyed his regime, but they don't like our new regime either. They want to develop their own government, but everyime they do establish something by themselves it ends up making their lives much worse.

The point is they are better off now than they were under the Taliban and Sadam because now at least they have the same illusions of freedom, security, and justice that we have.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That doesn't make them better off to me. I really don't think they would choose the US if they had the option, but I don't know what people over there think. We can only but guess.
If I was them, I wouldn't choose the US. I would have chosen a relatively stable government of a neighbouring country, as that would better match my way of life and thinking, cultural and ethical beliefs, that sort of thing.

top topics

join