It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Manhunt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Pentagon Manhunt

www.thedailybeast .com

Anxious that Wikileaks may be on the verge of publishing a batch of secret State Department cables, investigators are desperately searching for founder Julian Assange. Philip Shenon reports.

Pentagon investigators are trying to determine the whereabouts of the Australian-born founder of the secretive website Wikileaks for fear that he may be about to publish a huge cache of classified State Department cables that, if made public, could do serious damage to national security.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's amazing how our government is supposed to be working for us the people? "Classified" information only means that they need to cover their @ss.......

www.thedailybeast .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Someone needs to write a novel about this guy, even a screenplay. This is great stuff it is like I am reading a David Baldacci novel....

-Kdial1

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What a legend ...

No fixed address constantly on the move ... this guy is a modern day cyber Robin Hood!

If I was him I would not want to be anywhere near the USA if he releases this information.

A movie in the making!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Even if they find him there is little chance he'll have the documents with him. This little leak is going to take thousands of man hours to plug. This is what happens when you drill in a mile of BS.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Edit due to iPod typing as it pleases.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Already being discussed here too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I am stoked that this dude from Wikileaks is fighting the good fight.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Yeah I think even if they do get hold of him ( which they probably wont as he has safehouse's all over the world ) then he is bound to have a system in place to release the information, he is a smart man and there is a good chance he has extra cards up his sleeve incase he is arrested, like extra info that will be released if he were to be put in jail or if any harm were to come to him, the guy is not stupid.

I applaud him, it is great what he is doing
fairplay Mr Assange!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Video a bit stop & go but worth a watch

Wikileaks Whistleblowers Reversing BigBrother Peretti interviews John Young Cryptome Julian Assange

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They should be e-mailed to every computer on Earth. "The inner workings of governments in the middle east?" Talk about "Know your enemy"! That would be the cluster F* of the century!!!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Interesting.

I wonder if he has a laptop with encryption and a random IP generator and Wi-Fi.

I doubt he has a satellite connection though.

If he had a satellite uplink he could literally make them chase their tails for decades.

Somehow though I can see him being caught rather quickly.

The Pentagon does not mess around and they will just send Covert Operators after him.

Considering this thread is based on a blog though who knows if this is true.

Just as I figured prior to him jumping ship I predicted this would happen to hackers.

Research Project On New Terrorist Labeling

[edit on 11-6-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Do they not realise if this guy goes missing it's gonna look just slightly odd! It's not gonna be like the nuclear scientist who 'jumped' to his death, because to many people have a vested interest in this guys well being. I suspect he has measures in place to release the documents via proxy if it comes to that, perhaps from multiple sources simultaneously. Either that or he has been going round leaving USBs with info on it in all the restrooms he has passed by

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They killed JFK in broad daylight .... this guy is small fries if they wanted to get serious they would "off him" ..... chances are his hacker mates would follow up with some serious leaks.

Lets all support this guy he really is the information Robin Hood.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
he's already dead and his clone is what you'll see representing his former self. the information will still be released but has been altered to look like a joke, tarnishing his image before he fade from our memory and existence.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

Very true but then they had the scape goat sorted for that and plenty of people even today still buy it! But if this guy goes there's no gray area it's just gonna be downright suspicious!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This thread is very important on many levels... Watching that posted youtube clip by jvp only confirms my thoughts that all media is going to the internet, and will be easily controlled by the powers to be.. scary stuff

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
he's already dead and his clone is what you'll see representing his former self. the information will still be released but has been altered to look like a joke, tarnishing his image before he fade from our memory and existence.

Good job.

If not true, then definitely the most plausible thing the government could do at that.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I agree- if he does get caught there's probably hundreds of envelopes around the world waiting to be mailed.....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"Run, Julian..... run!"

I cant wait for this to unravel. The big nasties are worried we will get to see their true faces rather than just the made up and teleprompted ones we see on TV.

Didnt their mommies tell them not to say things behind peoples backs that you wouldnt say to their faces?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join