It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it too early to worry about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Do you think its too early to worry about 2012? I have been observing this for a while...since 2004ish. I got hooked into this prediction but now I'm like if it happens it happens...its more than 2 years from now. A lot could happen in 2 years.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
If you want to believe the nonsense about Nibiru, Nubiru, Knobiru (whatever it's called) then sure, run for the hills, lock yourself away in a bunker with canned food and a shotgun to hold off the impending zombie horde.

Or, sit back and live your life and you would normally because to be honest, nothing is going to happen.

There are "End of World" predictions and threads all the time - on here and in the general mainstream and none of them have ever happened because...dum, dum, duuuuum - no one knows the future.

So relax and just enjoy your life! Don't worry about things you can't control, not least of all rubbish rumours!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
No one should 'panic' about 2012. We are right on schedule. What everyone should worry about is taking care of yourselves and your neighbors. Are you doing all you can to better your community? Don't sweat what might or might now happen in two years. Today is a new day.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

It's never too early to start worrying! Some people have been worrying about 2012 since the 70's.

So feel free! Worry all you want.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Since the 70's..?
How long has this been going on for? I only heard of this in 2000. Wow, 1970's that is bizzare.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

If you want to believe the nonsense about Nibiru, Nubiru, Knobiru (whatever it's called) then sure, run for the hills, lock yourself away in a bunker with canned food and a shotgun to hold off the impending zombie horde.

Out of curiosity, exactly what do theories about rouge planets populated by flesh eating zombies have to do with the fact that our planet (and us with it) are at the end of an approx. 26,000 year cycle?

To the OP: Worry no. Prepare yes. I've often wondered why people jump to assume that it is foolhardy to make preparations for disaster and/or hardship, be it natural or man-made.

As for worrying; myself I have two simple rules to live by:
Rule #1. Dont sweat the small stuff.
Rule #2. Everything is small stuff.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes
Out of curiosity, exactly what do theories about rouge planets populated by flesh eating zombies have to do with the fact that our planet (and us with it) are at the end of an approx. 26,000 year cycle?

Absolutely nothing, which is exactly what these ridiculous predictions about the end of world in 2012 are - nothing. As for the 26,000 year cycle - world didn't end 26000 years ago, nor 26000 years before that nor will it end now.

I was frivolous in my post regarding the zombies as they, like rogue planets or stars, are also mande up and not real.

My point was that there is *no point* in worrying about any of it because 1) no end of the world prediction about 2012 will be true and 2) if it *were* true and the world were to end, then unless you have transport off this planet there's nothing you can do. And there's no point in worrying about something you have no control over.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
First of all, you should never worry about anything. Secondly, whatever happens on 2012 is going to come whether you worry or not.
So why waste the energy?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I'm a Christian so I say do not worry. The Bible say no-one knows the day or the hour of the second coming which will be the end of the world or at least it's workoutable (is that a word?) from that.
If anything does happen 21/12/2012, the i'd be pretty sure it's a trick by Satanic forces. The world will be crying peace afterwards, then Jesus returns.......

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hi.

Nice to meet ya.

Let me share with you some of my thoughts and take a moment to think about it.

Worrying is normal but just like with everything else, to much will do you damage.
I know of two quotes that give the best answer available. However, I do not remember who said it...

When there is nothing you can do to change anything. Don't worry ! ( waste of time )
Ohh. well... I don't even remember the second.

Basically you will waste your time, just live like every day could be your last. Live a little.

From one of the replies. )

My point was that there is *no point* in worrying about any of it because 1) no end of the world prediction about 2012 will be true and 2) if it *were* true and the world were to end, then unless you have transport off this planet there's nothing you can do. And there's no point in worrying about something you have no control over

1. They can't know if it is or isn't true. I see and read things happening that could very well be seen as evidence that something is going to happen.

But hold your sweat.

2. I completely agree with.

From another reply.

I'm a Christian so I say do not worry. The Bible say no-one knows the day or the hour of the second coming which will be the end of the world or at least it's workoutable (is that a word?) from that.
If anything does happen 21/12/2012, the i'd be pretty sure it's a trick by Satanic forces. The world will be crying peace afterwards, then Jesus returns.......

Being Christian there is only one thing you can do... Start worrying if you live the right life. Remember eternal doom, pain and hate for as long as there are photons produced in the universe and long after everything turned black.
I can assure you the majority of Christians is facing the last. If they did do it right... the world wouldn't be such a mess now, or would it.

Ohh... by the way. When and if Jesus returns it will be with a raised sword so.

Anyway... Please don't worry to much. You will regret the time spend worrying when you realize it stopped you from living your life.

You could get hit by a bus a week before you no. Worrying about being hit by a bus is a good thing tho. That will keep you sharp and makes you look twice.

Just my couple of cents.

Be happy ! Live.

~ SK

[edit on 6/11/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I worry, but then I worry about everything. I wake up every morning worrying about something. I think it's just my nature. I come from a family of chronic worriers. My mother and all her sisters (God rest their souls) were not happy unless they were worrying about something.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
[edit on 11-6-2010 by maybee]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

Absolutely nothing, which is exactly what these ridiculous predictions about the end of world in 2012 are - nothing. As for the 26,000 year cycle - world didn't end 26000 years ago, nor 26000 years before that nor will it end now.

The polar ice cores that are being studied (along with fossil records elsewhere) show approximately every 13,000 years a major worldwide event has taken place. That means at 26,000 years and at the half way mark of 13,000 years (reverse alignment) something is triggered. Many scientists think it might be a heavy influence of torsion waves coming in form the center of our galaxy...the black hole. Torsion waves alter DNA and consequently would affect all matter.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by packinupngoin

It's never too early to start worrying! Some people have been worrying about 2012 since the 70's.

So feel free! Worry all you want.

Are you serious? The 70s? I wonder why. I remember the big deal was 2000...I only heard about the 2012 and supposed polar shifts in 2004. I find it interesting and depressing at the same time. I wonder if there really is a need to prepare...b/c if it were to happen no place would be safe.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sorry about double post. My computer is acting weird today.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Why worry? If anything is going to happen... If you are not super rich, and live in a luxury bunker, It well just be the luck of the draw. If we know what was going to happen it might increase our chance of survival... but we just have a lot of theories. the odds are nothing is going to happen, but I have been wrong before.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Well, why worry about something that probably won't be an issue?

Only about a billion of the worlds population even have heard about the 2012 issue.

The majority of the rest worry about tomorrows meal.

There are two types of ignorant people in the world.

One is those who don't know and don't care and the other is those who believe anything they hear,watch or read.

The information you discover is not the always the truth,so why do people believe it?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ptmckiou

The polar ice cores that are being studied (along with fossil records elsewhere) show approximately every 13,000 years a major worldwide event has taken place. That means at 26,000 years and at the half way mark of 13,000 years (reverse alignment) something is triggered. Many scientists think it might be a heavy influence of torsion waves coming in form the center of our galaxy...the black hole. Torsion waves alter DNA and consequently would affect all matter.

You got any evidence of the ice core story? My guess that is as made up as the torsion wave baloney.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Why worry about a made up thing like 2012?

If you need to worry about something worry about real issues such as taking care of your family and kids. Worry about making your neighborhood a better place for people to live. Volunteer to help people out.

With all of the good things that can be done it is sad that people see fit to waste people's time with these silly shenanigans like 2012.

top topics

join