It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Muscles Amish Farming Yet Bows Down to B.P.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
This article caught my attention , the EPA is going to start enforcing strict changes on farming practices by Amish farmers or face stiff penalties. www.nytimes.com... The ultimate goal ; to reduce the amount of runoff of manure and synthetic fertilizers which has polluted the Chesapeake Bay for years , reducing oxygen levels, and killing fish.

B.P. has been spraying and releasing ( underwater) oil dispersants for about a month now, latest figures shows over a million gallons of Corexit released into the gulf. www.weartv.com... The EPA has yet to put a stop of this toxic release in our gulf waters which is quickly diminishing the oxygen levels in the ocean.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That's crazy, thanks for posting.

Know why so many people (including our government) pick on the Amish?

They're jealous.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yep the EPA has turned into a protection zone for certain good old boys and have based a lot of enforcements on political motivations.. I am sure they have been told to lay off of BP and find other targets right now...
They are supposed to protect lives and the environment, but I haven't heard of them helping much with this BP debacle..

The EPA has supposedly more authority than any corporation and should be helping this, but nope, BP gets to parade around the area as if they are somehow creating their own private martial law situation... how pathetic is that?

start spamming EPA email servers with the message to pull their heads out of you know..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
America was established as a defense of the little guy, the individual against rogue power & tyrannical government.

So far we have strayed.

Makes one want to vomit.

America, shame on you.

The Government for being rotten, & the people for sitting by & letting it happen.

top topics

join