It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories of 9/11.....Please Share

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was a freshman in college when the towers fell. I remember waking up to the radio, with the announcer blaring that a plane had hit a building in NYC. I gasped in horror as I watched the second tower fall on live T.V.

I still remember that feeling. Do you? The horrible sense of dread? The helplessness? The FEAR????

I remember FEAR the most. I grew up in a nation where I had always felt safe, and I belonged to a generation that knew little about the reality of war and terror.

In one day, I was thrust into the real world. I stopped believing everything I was told, and started to question EVERYTHING.

9/11 was a tragedy, but from the ashes arose a new level of consciousness and reality for many people.

I became a conspiracy theorist.

I believe that 9/11 was a crime committed against humanity, and I hope that justice will prevail.

I would like to share a video that I made about 9/11 back in 2006. Please watch it.

Thanks,

BattleStarGal

[edit on 11-6-2010 by BattleStarGal]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by BattleStarGal]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is my second post here at ATS. I've long been an observer but often have felt the same as you. I was a freshman in high school when this happened, it was immediate disarray and parents began picking their students up from school.

I never really batted an eye at the event itself, obviously a tragedy. I was a critic though, to the following wars against Afghanistan and Iraq simply on the grounds that I do not wish to see anyone killed, let alone innocent civilians.

Fast forward to 9 years later, and after thoroughly reading threads here and investigating independently, it is relatively easy to say that there are not only too many coincidences, but also too many lies about the "OS".

I haven't watched your video yet, but I am about to. I am an optimist and hope justice will prevail as well. Kudos.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BattleStarGal

Hi , welcome to ATS .

Watched your video , thanks for sharing that with us . Theres actually a few shots in it that I've not seen before .

Yes , I remember those feelings , they still haven't gone away completely .

Good luck in the 9/11 threads , they get a bit heated at times .

C'ya round ...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Nice video! Welcome to the board. I joined here when I was a sophomore in college. I too used to be skeptical of conspiracy theories surrounding 9/11. In all honesty, it was this website that provided me with the evidence and information I needed to open my eyes.

To me, 9/11 shouldn't even be considered a conspiracy theory. Anyone who has seen the info will know that there are questions that need answers. We can sit here and have discussions all we want about what we think happened, but the one thing we do know is that what they're telling us isn't the truth. That's no conspiracy, that's no tin-hat BS, it's FACT. There are inconsistencies and things that simply don't make sense.

People who aren't aware of these discrepancies or those who refuse to believe anything other than the OS aren't going to pay much attention to someone ranting on about holographic planes or something, but maybe they will give our cause a little more consideration when asked a simple question: how did WTC #7 fall? How come we haven't gotten Bin Laden (he's not even on the FBI's Most Wanted anymore!)? Why are some of the accused hijackers still alive? It's questions like this that are perfectly legitimate...it's just a shame that anyone questioning anything about the OS is labeled a conspiracy theorist or unamerican.

I just realized that I'm rambling. Forgive me, I'm tired and need to get some sleep!

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope to see more of you. Take care!

[edit on 10-6-2010 by nick112]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nick112

Ummm ...

Usama bin Laden IS still on the FBI's Ten Most Wanted .

To my knowledge , he was never officially declared as wanted in connection with 9/11 .

www.fbi.gov...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Being conditioned from a early age from watching tragic event after tragic event played on tv, most of them live tv, I sorta become immune to these kind of events. I was still in high school when 9/11 happened, for some reason I skipped school that day and was watching the news when the first news reports started breaking, I remember at first they weren't exactly sure what size plane hit the building and they weren't sure what caused the plane to hit the building. I remember thinking this is kinda odd and it didn't make sense that a plane just flies into a building then outta nowhere the 2nd plane hit and that fire ball went shooting out. I thought I was seeing things at first or watching a replay of the first plane, but it gave me the chills and the news anchors said something is going on here a 2nd plane has just hit the other tower. I remember thinking this is not normal planes just don't fly into buildings like that, it was like it wasn't even real at first, then reports came in a plane hit the pentagon and another crashed in that field. I was in total shock thinking this can't be happening, my girlfriend started sending me texts from school freaking out, our school was watching the events on tv and she wanted me to come pick her up because she didn't feel safe there. During all of that I just remember feeling like anything can happen now this may not be over yet in a constant state of alertness and some paranoia.

Growing up I've seen so many tragic events played out live on tv, watched the first shuttle explosion, baby Jessica in a well, which ended happily, SF quake, the first gulf war, waco, columbine, north hollywood shootout, and numerous other events all live on tv, I know there are a few other events in there that I'm missing but its getting late and these are the ones just off the top of my head. Seeing all these events desensitized me to some degree, when a related event would happen the shock value just wasn't there anymore, until 9/11 happened, it was like all those events rolled into one x100. I don't know if the feelings I felt on that day will ever go away.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing your 9/11 stories.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
To be honest I think that the fear you talk about goes a long way to explaining the truth movement's existence. The desire for narrative closure, for a resolution to events that seem chaotic and terrifying.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I changed the name of the thread so that others will hopefully share their 9/11 stories.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I was frersh out of the Marine Corps and working at a Ford dealership in Sterling, VA outside of DC.

I remember walking into our customer waiting room to buy a soda from the machine. As I walked in a group of people were all standing up and watching the news. As I turned to watch, we saw live as the second plane hit the tower. I will never forget that. I remember going back to the showroom to tell some of my coworkers, but they didn't believe me. I basicly had to drag them into the room to see for themselves. A little later of course the Pentagon was hit and being so close, people there started to get nervous. At that time, we heard rumors that the FAA building in Dulles was on fire. There were so many rumors going around at that time.

I left work that day and spent the rest of my time in a USMC recruiting office contemplating about rejoining (I never did though).

A few days later officials from the Pentagon were sent to our dealership to collect a huge American Flag that we had flying at our store. It was later draped over the side of the Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I was living in Tampa, Florida.

I was off that day, and sleeping in. At the border of being awake I heard the news breaking in the background without fully waking up.

My mom came and woke me, saying something scary was happening.

Later my boss came over and we sat and watched the aftermath with tears flowing down our faces, stunned.

I remember for the first time ever, I had a feeling of fear for my personal safety, it passed, but I never forgot that feeling.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Merigold]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It was my second year of college. I was sitting in a classroom early in the morning when my professor came walking in fast, breathing hard and turned on the tv. All he said was have you guys seen this yet?

As we watched for the whole period of class, i saw the second plane hit. I didnt know what to think at first. Needless to say our school closed for the day, by the time the pentagon was hit. I did think that the buildings would come down, but not in the manner that they did, suprised me. I am not a architect or engineer, or a demolishons expert, but that raised questions????? Especially as the years went on and the information that has been given to us as the official story.

I remember feeling a sence of aww whatching the events of that day unfold. And a sence of anger to the people who attacked us.

Great post,

dudly

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I was working as an extra on a Hollywood movie set (don't ask, it was an exceptionally stinky flick) in Virginia, and while I was waiting off camera for the scene I was going to be in, one of the support crew came by announcing that the WTC was attacked and destroyed.

At the time I thought, "yeah, right, and UFOs are landing in my back yard, too", but perhaps 20 mins later they called a halt to the filming and gathered everyone in the center of the set and announced that a terrorist attack destroyed the WTC and they were halting filming to decide what to do, and they were releasing everyone who needed to report to the national guard to report to their units. When I saw the movie's actors standing looking stunned and a few dozen people running off and calling their NG units on their cell phones, that's when I knew it was for real.

It turned out that we were shooting close to an air base, and all that night, streams of transports were pouring out of the base. In the middle of this, we had one guy with us in camp who was so upset that he was threatening to take his 9mm and shoot the first arab he saw, and the rest of us went out of our way to convince him that it was the actions of only a few people and most arabs were blameless. I hope he didn't do it.

By the time I got home from Virginia, the news stations had put a moratorium on airing the footage of the impacts and the collapse, so I didn't get to see what every other person saw until a couple years later.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Was working at oil-chemical refinery in Linden NJ. Just after 9 AM my boss
came to our office and said two planes had just struck WTC . He saw the
second plane go into the South Tower. Me and my buddy told him that
if was a joke was pretty sick. Said no was true, go look for yourself
Went to top (5th floor) which had clear view of NYC and watched WTC
towers burn until South Tower collapsed at 10 AM. After that too much dust/smoke to see

Let us out early afternoon - were preparing for IWO JIMA by then. Cranes
were moving concrete barriers into roadways to block any vehicles
Cops, both on and off duty, heavily armed, manning the gates

Went to my fire house and listened to radio traffic from scene. Our chief
put us on standby in case needed in NYC - also backing up neighboring city
of Paterson which had sent entire shift to NY. They were in World Financial
Center putting out fires caused by collapse of WTC 1 (WFC 3 was across
road from WTC 7 )

Heard the orders being passed ordering everyone out of WFC and setting up the collapse zone around WTC 7. Watched WTC 7 collapse on TV.

Next morning some of men went into NY with ambulance to search for survivors - didnt find any. One told me of seeing a severed foot sticking out of the debris as they walked around...

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I was living in southern Illinois at the time. I was doing something in the kitchen and then walked into the living room where a friend was watching the Today Show. He said, "You're not going to believe this, but a plane just hit the twin towers." Well, I couldn't believe it and sat down to watch. The first thing I remember saying was something about how weird would it be if another plane hit and not too long after that, one did. At the time, I totally bought into the official story. It wasn't until about three years later that I started to research what had really happened that I came to believe that our government was behind the whole thing, in some way. So yes, it has changed my life. I no longer trust the government or the media about anything. And overall, the whole thing makes me ashamed to call myself an American. The American people are a totally awesome people, but the government in this country leaves alot to be desired.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by peewee1263]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I was in english class in high school. I remember the principal coming in and saying "quick, turn on the TV, a plane just hit the world trade center." We kinda just stared in awe. I remember being the only one in the class saying "This was Usama Bin Laden". My class was young, and no one remembered the first bombings. I had actually studied up on them, as I was big into U.S. history. Scared the hell outta me more than anything.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I was in London, where I live. At the time I worked in Canary Wharf Tower - the nearest thing that London has to the WTC I suppose - but I had a day off. Interestingly enough the media reported throughout the day that the Tower had been evacuated, but when I rang my workmates shortly after the second hit they were all still there. No one was evacuated. Some of them were getting quite nervous.

One of the guys at work who I knew slightly had a contact at Cantor, whose offices were on floors 101-105 in Tower One, and he phoned him. Someone answered and screamed down the phone about how they were all dying. My colleague was very deeply affected by it.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Please share your memories of 9/11.

Never Forget...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Good thread, I will add my 2 cents.

I was in Brevard county, Florida. I had the day off work and decided to sleep in. About 9am, my neighbor who was a Brevard county Firefighter/EMT was pounding on my door, screaming for me to wake up and let him in. I let him in and all he could say was that we were being attacked. Over and over he said it. When I finally calmed him down and asked him what was happening, he picked up my TV remote and switched on my TV. We just sat and watched silently for quite some time.

After my neighbor went home, I packed clothes, hygiene stuff and some food and water in my car. I planned to drive straight on through to NY. I called work and told them I did not know when I would be back and started on my way. I figured they could use more EMTs. I was in southern Georgia heading north when I got stopped by an officer for speeding. Apparently I was hitting almost triple digits and he asked me what the rush was. I explained I was an EMT and on my way to NY to help out. He told me to get out of the car, shook my hand and gave me a hug.

I never was able to get into the city, no matter how hard I tried.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thanks

Everyone please share!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join