It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Acting Weird Latey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Last 2 Night ago, The moon in our area usually would and should have shown up and come up around 9PM and 11PM but for some strange it didn't but.

The moon however did come up around 3:30AM Eastern Time, till morning 6AM, this has not happen before, usually the moon always raises above the buildings in our area around 9 pm or 10 pm, but the other evening we had no moon till morning.

Does anyone here also experience the same strange occurrences?
and i have i noticed the moon shape is a bit stranger, i will take some pictures tonight of the moon if i could.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Them Moon Rise changes quite a bit each day, and there is no "usually." If it rises at 9pm tonight, it will be rising at 9 am in about 2 week!

The only constant is that it will rise at approximately sunset on the full moon days, and it will set at approximately sunrise. As it goes through its phases, it will rise and set at different angles when compared to the sun.

Hope that helps. Look it up some more for more specific explanations.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
the moon rises at a different time every night.
it has not been "acting weird".
and we watch it almost nightly from the observatory.

simple websites and software can show you,
if you dont feel like watching.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Clouds dude, cloud cover.

line

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have been noticing that for a couple of years now. I haven't noticed the shape being different that it should be, but it comes up at all different times. I take my dogs outside every night before bed, and when it isn't cloudy, I am always looking up. I am situated on the 53 parallel. I started thinking about the earth's precession wobble, because I am up so far north. Maybe we are wobbling more these days? I don't know, it just seems strange that for a few nights it'll come up early, and then all of a sudden it takes a couple of hours longer, and it moves over quite a bit.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
See how it changes

www.usno.navy.mil...
Sun or Moon Rise/Set Table for One Year: U.S. Cities and Towns

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose

That helps me feel better. I am assuming my wobble theory is probably close then (53 parallel).

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
It sucks to feel I should be this way but...

What planet have you been on lately?

In the future it would help if before you start a thread you acquired at least some passing knowledge of what you are talking about . PLEASE.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
It sucks to feel I should be this way but...

What planet have you been on lately?

In the future it would help if before you start a thread you acquired at least some passing knowledge of what you are talking about . PLEASE.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by randyvs]

The OP asked a question because he didnt know.... If he acquired knowledge then he/she would not of asked.

Geez

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I thought you were going to say that the moon is missing a lot of work and not returning your calls, and generally being an a**hole. If that were the case, I was going to suggest an intervention.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

anything on the naked eye ray burst directly overhead when the stars first start appearing @8:30 Texas time April 29th2010 as bright or brighter than venus

or June 7 @10:30 straight up (from central Texas) and a little to west watching a star? (that was stationary) got brighter then starting moving west began to fade stopped then got brighter than started moving west again until faded away

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it is Mac Tonight, With all his Piano playing, and nonsuch.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
yep, the moon time is 53 minutes later each day....what about how low it goes and what causes that? i tried to picture the orbit of the moon sneaking south, but it gets really down to 25 degrees in the sky or so from here at 32 degrees north hemisphere....Dallas

[edit on 10-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by Ahmose

That helps me feel better. I am assuming my wobble theory is probably close then (53 parallel).

Yep.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
The moon wasn't where it usually is because it was somewhere else....moonlighting.
line

[edit on 10-6-2010 by xizd1]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
We were in an alignment from June 4th to 6th. I think that if you were in the right location around that time you could have seen a very close alignment as the transit of venus which is outbound on June 6th 2012.

If you noticed several days ago the moon sat just above the eastern horizon and on the western horizon though not visible at the same time as the moon was venus.

The moon was a half moon and a blood red moon, the sun was to the north west and cast a very bright half moon.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
I think it is Mac Tonight, With all his Piano playing, and nonsuch.

That's Mac the Knife.....fyi

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

hehe. I wish that mac tonight would show up and then michael jordan could slam dunk the moon. That would make me happy.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Ahmose

anything on the naked eye ray burst directly overhead when the stars first start appearing @8:30 Texas time April 29th2010 as bright or brighter than venus

or June 7 @10:30 straight up (from central Texas) and a little to west watching a star? (that was stationary) got brighter then starting moving west began to fade stopped then got brighter than started moving west again until faded away

Good catch! Those were so-called "Iridium flares". The "Iridium" communications satellites* are in low-earth orbit and have flat surfaces that reflect the sunlight in predictable ways. Often these reflections are brighter than Venus. If you go to www.heavens-above.com and enter your latitude & longitude, it will give you predictions for upcoming "flares" for the next week. I've seen a bunch. Good Hunting!

*"Iridium" is the name of the satellite constellation, so-named because they originally planned to have 77 in orbit, and 77 is the atomic number of iridium on the periodic table. Actually, they only wound-up orbiting 66 of them, but didn't bother changing the name to "dysprosium".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join