It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Korn call for BP boycott !

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know they mean well, but a boycott will not hurt BP much because only a small portion of its profits come from retail sales. If Americans stopped gassing up at BP stations tomorrow, that would not be the end of BP. BP could easily sell its oil and other petroleum products to other companies and still turn a good profit.

The only way to attack BP is to attack the entire petroleum industry. This requires more thought and action than going to another gas station. This requires revamping our transportation infrastructure and our way of life as we know it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I've been boycotting BP for the past 2 years or so, not for any political reason - there was a chain email that went round; explaining how BP is the most predominant force in the world for the pricing of petrol (American: gas). So boycotting them, brings the overall cost of petrol down. Supply and Demand. I recommend everyone do the same.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
I've been boycotting BP for the past 2 years or so, not for any political reason - there was a chain email that went round; explaining how BP is the most predominant force in the world for the pricing of petrol (American: gas). So boycotting them, brings the overall cost of petrol down. Supply and Demand. I recommend everyone do the same.

"smells like.....Bulls...... A texaco promotion viral........."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

*shrugs* - Since then I've made a point to use independent petrol stations 90% of the time anyway - and I recommend everyone do that!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
We don't want to boycott BP because it would only hurt the small business owners and the little guys just trying to get by. Think about it... BP is most likely "too big to fail" so our tax dollars would only go to lining the executives/investors pockets while the small business owners who own the little gas station on the corner would lose out on your patronage.

--airspoon

Very good post. I don't think a boycott of BP is going to do anything but hurt 'the little guy'. I read that some jackass had shot the windows out at a BP station and I was appalled. I think our attention should be focused on our expletive up govt. first.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
reply to post by gambon

*shrugs* - Since then I've made a point to use independent petrol stations 90% of the time anyway - and I recommend everyone do that!

Who do you think they by it off? , or do you think they olwn a refinery?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Boycotting BP is not a smart move. If BP gets their back broken, doesn't really help fix the real issue. If their stock get driven below a certain threshold, they will most likely get taken over by a not so friendly (China for example)... then what has the Boycott really accomplished? Putting pressure on BP is a reasonable move, driving them out of business is not. This is a long term problem that will require a long time to resolve. Best I can tell, everyone is a loser except for the lawyers.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Its not perfect - but it stops me paying the mark up on the petrol and cigarettes etc, to a corporation I want to distance myself from as much as possible.

And as for "hurting the small guy" (this sounds like propaganda to me) - the effects would be negligible, only some superannuation funds would hold stock, and if mine did - I would change providers, to further punish the disastrous cluster-muck they have caused. The whole invisible-money/debt trading system that goes on with peoples retirement money is stupid anyway. But this is me speaking as a person from Australia - I don't know the ins and outs of your reality. But I would be pretty skeptical about anyone telling you not to boycott BP.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Do you really believe you are not buying BP's product by not going to BP? there are tons of Gas Stations selling the BP product, Without the BP Label. your giving BP Money without even knowing it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

^^^

Its not perfect - but it stops me paying the mark up on the petrol and cigarettes etc, to a corporation I want to distance myself from as much as possible.

ETA:
Make sense? If my independent station buys from BP for a dollar a litre, and I pay a $1.30 - thats 30 cents not going to BP - plus I don't pay them for my tobacco the occassional drink or gum or snack etc. Clearer?

Mightn't seem like much, but its something.

[edit on 10/6/10 by ghostsoldier]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Wow this thread has turned into a fiery dicussion!

Thanks alot first for posting your opinions, I changed a bit my mind about the subject because of you guys!

2nd, sorry for not thinking about the "normal people" who would get affected... My fault, I NEVER tought about it, I was blinded by my rage toward BP...

Oh well, I will continue to read you guys and maybe share some bit of opinion..

Seeya!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
JAY WIEDNER IS SPEAKING on another radio show
Slumbrege asked for a chopper from BP to get them off the rig when they saw what the pressure was so high
bp refused
they got a PRIVATE chopper out there
he says if you live within 50 miles of the coast you might think about taking a vacation
the source for this just had his web site suspended as he speaks

SO LINDSAY WILLIAMS mention of OCCULT appears to be what i said earlier A LIABILITY COVER UP

what does that say about the people who later died?
how much do they care about ANY people
THEY DON'T

SO LINDSAY WILLIAMS mention of OCCULT appears to be what i said earlier A LIABILITY COVER UP

what does that say about the people who later died?
how much do they care about ANY people
THEY DON'T

that rig will soon wear out then the ONLY thing that will stop it is a NUKE
the oil flow will increase in size from the scouring
the water will flow down after the pressure equalizes
the water will be super heated
she will blow
the tsunami will blow the crap miles in land and that land will be poisoned for ages
a month or less for the well head pipe
(NOT JUST MY OPINION)
DR wickstrom
a scientist said 18 months to soread through all the oceans
most people won't hear this
lindsey williams just said it was OCCULT knowledge that led them to sell off prior to the blow out
THATS an OBVIOUS COVERING UP RIGHT THERE
he gets his info from an OIL EXEC.

when it is OBVIOUS that THEY JUST DID SIMPLE MATH

SO THEY ARE TO BLAME RIGHT THERE

of course the others are to blame
the financial sell off
and the derivitve trade of just before the rig went down
and not regulating the safty
who paid for thier campagns
heavily

there is lots of blame to go around

they knew from the flow and the scouring factor that this was going to blow
this is NOT their first rig and pipe
the russians have done this on land and had to use a nuke ti shut it done when it bluw
this is under a mile of sea water at 9 lb a gal(i think)
that adds to the pressure like sqeezing a zit (they say)

they have invested heavilly in green watch what happens when they start up the CARBON CREDITS trading it/ll be a chicago exchange I bet
MOB which is why OBANA was installed

add to this the sun is emitting nasa scary solar flares
earthquake activity is tied to solar activity
the point in the sun that is emitting will be aimed at earth at solar MAX
in 2012

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tykonos

Is boycotting BP really the wisest thing to do? Americans own upto 40% of that Company.

Trying to hurt it financially seems daft when they are being made to pay for the clean up operation and pay compensation to those that loose business due to it. These costs may be needed to be paid out by BP, rightly so for years.

It seems people are out for revenge, why not petition the White House in order to get better saftey standards for all offshore oil operations, that's run by an independant source?

i think Bp is only liable for the first $700m in damages so the way this will go down is fishermen will have to hope Bp is generious as they rely on Bp charity.

Yes i know it stinks and some of the people in congres that took zionist bribes to allow the drilling need to be held to account.

US first reactions teams will also come under fire for not saving the rig and i think the rig was owned by a french company so it's all going to be a game of musical chairs if you ask me.

Nothing is as it seems whenever it comes to oil but you can always find Dick-C in the backgroud.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

They have paid out $1billion, so far. I don't see BP capping any payouts on this one.

I'm miffed that Obama seems to be throwing the blame towards the British, when it's partly owned and run by Americans too.

Britains are concerned at this move. It's akin to Isreal another supposed ally giving fake British passports to its Mossad agents. Talk about sticking the knife in your back.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Boycotting BP is just creating a scapegoat,

A scapegoat that owns and is responsible for 65% of the rig in question!

and if you'll notice, the scapegoat is the only one that is not an american company

They did a story on CNN International yesterday in which they said that there is a Korean and a Japanese company that owns/has invested in or whatever in the other 35% of the rig. So, BP getting blamed isn't about keeping the American companies "safe".

They are the "scapegoat" because they were the company whose name is attached to the largest part of the rig.

Actually, it is. I highly suggest you research further into who has been involved in most pf these types of spills. You'll be quite surprised.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Nice facts there...
I won't be able to update or reply for a couple of days because I'm at m'y dad's house...

I'm writing this on his iPad...

Seeya

top topics

<< 1   >>

join