It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Wars in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Since I'm very proud of my Mexican heritage. I feel sadden by the violence in Mexico.
I have a link to share to show pictures of the violence.
totallycoolpix.com...
Some pictures are violent. Please look with caution.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if the US and Mexico would have not been wiser to tackle corruption rather than take on the cartels. IMO, taking care of corruption within Mexico would have had an effect on the cartels. Then they could have tackled how to further erode the power of the cartels.

Many people have died because the US is determine to carry out this war on drugs.

Guess they think the success they had against Pablo Escobar was a success. But in reality Colombia is still a player in the illegal narcotics market.

I am saddened by what is happening in Mexico as well.

For those Americans who criticize Mexico over the violence, I encourage you to look into what role the US is playing.

This isn't just a Mexican problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
These cartels are ruthless, fearless and well-equipped. You can't erode them. The only way to get rid of them is to declare war on them and do it quick and don't stop until every single one of them is dead.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Sounds like a good game plan. But isn't this what we are trying in the war on terrorism?

Not criticizing you. I agree with your plan. But if the war on terrorism has taught us anything it is that there is always another person willing to take over once the big guy falls.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Mexico has this problem in common with her neighbor to the north and with many of her neighbors in the south. This is international , not just about one country in particular. I feel what you are saying though, it's sad as hell.

top topics

join