It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old Photo Captures Couples Cupid Moment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Good evening folks... or afternoon... or morning depending on your location, thought this was quite an interesting story. Makes me think about all the random connections we have with total strangers, and how we affect other peoples lives without knowing. Although this is not that much of an initial connection between the two partners, I find the probability of this encounter mind boggling. One family was from Canada the other from New York, for them both to visit Disneyland on the same day but not only that to be photographed together of all the thousands of people, then end up married years later is pretty crazy!

www.happynews.com...

So ATS what do you think? Do you believe in fate? Or is this just another one of those random coincidences that happen to us all? I made a vow for my first thread to be a positive one so here it is!

To add if there is a better place for this Mods feel free to move it!

www.bing.com...

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Cool first thread. I'm gobsmacked.

I often wonder if something else is pulling ours strings sometimes. I think that's the case in this story but cupid was years too early the first time round, lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Ha ha very true, perhaps if they had met at this age they would have been childhood sweethearts but lost touch as they grew older. Better they met when they were older and wiser after years of trial and error relationships! This is definitely a special bond to have with someone and I hope these guys continue to be happily married for years to come!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story of my dad and step-mom. My dad (and I) grew up in California. But his mom had some family back in Missouri and they would go visit often and he would play with his cousins. Sometimes he would stay an entire summer.

My step-mom grew up Missouri and that is where her and my dad live now. In St. Charles. One day my dad wanted to go visit these same cousins so they planned the trip. Upon talking more and more about it my step-mom suddenly realized she knew my dad's cousins because they were neighborhood friends of hers as a child. They realized they used to play with eachother during those summers!

How they "remet" (unbeknownst to them) is also crazy because they both wound up working for sister companies, one in California, one in Missouri, and met solely on business terms when my step-mom would have to travel to my dad's company in California, and they would collaborate with eachother.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
So ATS what do you think? Do you believe in fate? Or is this just another one of those random coincidences that happen to us all? I made a vow for my first thread to be a positive one so here it is!

To add if there is a better place for this Mods feel free to move it!

Hey!

Starred and Flagged

I belive in fate/destiny.
So, there are no such things as coincidences.

In my book, every encounter is meant to. Either good or bad.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Vid doesn't work for me.

What happened in the photo?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hah. Destiny, my eye. If it was, wouldnt more people have had it happen?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Vid doesn't work for me.

What happened in the photo?

Basically the couple tell the story of how they first met 13 years ago. She came to work at a hotel, and as they were pulling out pictures so that people could have pictures to showcase at the wedding. They ran across an old picture when they were children showcasing the woman with her brothers and in the background the guy saw his dad wheeling him in a stroller.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yeah, can someone please post the picture? I couldn't open it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Here is the image

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Gigantea Rosa]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Thanks!

So the coincidence was that they had been near each other, in a picture, taken in their youth, and later they met, and eventually got married, and found out they both were in the pic from her youth.

Did they live in the same place?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

No problem

Nope she had moved to New York I believe the announcer stated and he was in Canada, they were both just in Disney world at the same time though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
funny about fate
I was showing people how freaky anagram generators can be and just for example:
the forum owner put his mothers maiden name into the generator
and there was only a hand full of names that came out

all kids, brothers, her first husbamd's first name, and her second husbands full name...
wordsmith.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
One from Canada and the other from New York , I think.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gigantea Rosa

Thanks again, that is coincidental indeed.

I don't really see what cupid has to do with it, though.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Yep. I don't know though where they moving away from New York or did they move to New York though?

reply to post by Point of No Return

I'm guessing because they had been "met" before in the past, and then met later in the life all were coincidences pretty much which ultimately led to their marriage. Hm, just guessing on that though

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is a great story. The odds of this happening would have to be up there with winning the lottery. I've always been a believer in partial destiny, meaning, there are certain events in your life that are planned and hearing stories like this one just cements it for me.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey guys thanks for replies, have enjoyed reading the personal stories too! I have never been sure about fate as such, but I have always felt that I am being steered somehow in particular directions. This may be my own subconscious desires subtly guiding me through life to where I want to be, but some coincidences I have experienced have been just to freaky. As mentioned above this is truly akin to winning the lottery and although my own life has had it's interesting tales nothing quite compares to this story!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I find stories like this to be more common amongst older generations, particularly of my parents age. Although the world is getting smaller and we're all more connected through various means, I think we have lost the special nature of such relationships. It wouldn't seem quite as random for example, for two people to have come across each other on a social networking site and then fall in love.
Thanks Gigantea Rosa for the image!

new topics

top topics

join