It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

78% of Israelis view Turkey as enemy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
www.google.com...

Some 78 percent of Jewish Israelis now view Turkey, once Israel's only Muslim ally in the Middle East, as an enemy nation, according to a poll published on Thursday.

The poll, published in the pro-government Yisrael Hayom daily, asked participants: "Do you believe that in light of recent events Turkey has become an enemy state?"

It said 78 percent of those surveyed answered yes, while 22 percent said no.

that cant be good... im pretty sure the turks arent too fond of the israelis either... they (israelis) hate them cause they fear them..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The world's opinions are shifting to fast to keep track of..
IMHO we live in upside down times..
Thanks for the link, very interesting to see the speed things are changing.
One has to wonder what the heck of going to happen next week.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
this country has made me sick for quite awhile. the things they do and get away with is just deplorable and it makes me sick that my government is always siding with them. even when they attacks us. so totally ignorant. and since joining this site i havent found too many pro-israel people talking in intellectual debate. they seem to just want to call names and make false claims. im sure i will get called a hater but i am cool with it, because it is true. right now i am a israel hater. im also homophobic, but that is another topic. guess im not too pc either. oh well. you dont have to be a scholar to see the travesties these people have perpetrated on fellow humans and how they never desire to seek peaceful soutions to major problems. there is never, NEVER any kind of concession on their part. an admittance of guilt or just a plain understanding of taking the middle ground or coming to a reasonable conclusion on both parties interests. their way or the highway. ENOUGH!

let me add. i dont hate jewish people. find the cleveland jewish community to be a pretty awesome place. just hate israel.

[edit on 06/02/2010 by letscit]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
This is hardly surprising nor should it warrant any red flags that something imminent is going to happen.

Turkey has labeled the killing of 9 as a 'massacre'.
Turkey has officially declared that their relationship is now tarnished and 'will never be the same'.

Whether or not Turkey's language is justified is not for this thread. Rather, it only goes to reason that due to Turkey's language, the people of Israel are returning the sentiment.

What did you really expect?

The future actions of both the Turkish government and the government of Israel, coupled with any further development of an Iran/Turkey relationship, will determine whether or not these two countries clash in the near future.

But it certainly won't be started by a public opinion poll.

top topics

join