It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pay attention to the "Pro Israeli" posters grammar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well ever notice when you do not agree with someone you tend to by hyper critical of them? Having nothing to say yourself you go after the gramar.
The only thing i have noticed are that people who contiunue to push the anti/pro israeli/palestine issue are all lacking in the brains department.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

star to you
picking nits is not quite as persuasive as posting links

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

I'm a pro-Israeli poster, and while my grammar is not perfect, it's certainly not bad either.

I think you're way out to lunch. How can you be so caught up in one side of an argument as to conclude that the other side is populated exclusively by disinformation agents?

That is what you're suggesting, right? That Mossad agents or some other "foreign" (read: "Jewish") infiltrators are coming on to ATS to post their "propaganda"?

First of all, even if that were true, so what? You get to represent your views, why can't they present theirs? What is wrong with having "the other side" of the story presented? And I call the Israeli position "the other side", by the way, because they are so incredibly outnumbered here on ATS, in academia, and on the web in general, as to qualify as an endangered species. How do I know they're badly outnumbered? Because I can come on to ATS and actually read people suggesting that every poster who takes the Israeli position is some sort of disinformation agent.

You're denying that a legitimate "other side" to the argument even exists! How ignorant are you? It's one thing to disagree with someone's argument, but it's something altogether putrid and repugnant to deny the others' argument is even genuine, and suggest that it's nothing but a manipulative ploy of some kind. Your natural tendency to assume that everyone is "up to something" nefarious leads me to question your judgment and your character.

The Israeli supporters on this website are now so badly outnumbered that they can't even keep their often legitimate threads alive, while any old headline that bashes Israel can make the front page - regardless of content. Even when they present their views in a positive and effective manner, they just get shouted down. They've, as a whole, become so timid that they won't even call out blatant and flagrant antisemitism anymore - for fear of getting pounced on. I, luckily, suffer from no such apprehensions.

You think that "the other side" is being presented by spooks and spies with the full weight of the Evil Zionist Empire behind them. You deny that a legitimate debate exists. I think that in order to hold this position, you either have to be insane, or a bigot.

I think you're a bigot. I think you have a problem with Jews. Not Israel, but Jews. I think it's obvious in the way you write, in your *wink wink nudge nudge* "I think you know what I mean" attitude. The way you dance around it without saying it, but all the anti-Semites read it and smile, because they know what you're saying.

You quietly play off the stereotype of the clever conniving Jew, while at the same time it never even occurs to you that BOTH SIDES might have their agents on ATS supporting "their side" of the debate. It doesn't occur to you, because you're only concerned about the Jew, and what he's up to. Palestinians wouldn't use dis-info agents after all. They're not like "them". Not like those Zionists, "you know what I mean"?

I think you need to seriously take a look at your position, and where you're coming from. What is your intention, and what is the result? You're propagating racial hatred, and that's bad enough, but I think that if you took a REAL close look at yourself, you'd discover that you're doing it because you hate Jews, too.

And you know what? For the most part, no one is ever going to call you on it. Because this website is full of people just like you.

-RedBird

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
I guess some very DENSE people in this thread think I meant that 'foreigners' are unwelcome...or that this thread is somehow about "grammar" and me being a grammar Nazi...or that I look past the very OBVIOUS fact that this site is International and have some hatred against International members...

*Sigh*

At my part i don't think you mean that "foreigners" are unwelcome.
More i think you try to indicate that some Israelis are hiding behind profiles, pretending to be non Israeli, pro Israel posters.

If you really look for it, you could find the same pattern in any "let's all mock the Muslims". But you won't, because you only look for patterns to fit the image of how you wish things are.

And i don't consider you a "grammar Nazi". I do hope you're aware what a Nazi is ? So far you did not even"deserve" that label ! Try harder

These days it seems that SOME people are joining the "Yes! we're ALL free to bash everything about Israel/Jews/Israelis", even with no links to prove it.
No more...Israel....cease and desist.

If this thread is "let's bash the pro Israelis", so why not.

After all "You can't argue with popularity
Well, you could, but you'd be wrong"

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Well ever notice when you do not agree with someone you tend to by hyper critical of them? Having nothing to say yourself you go after the gramar.
The only thing i have noticed are that people who contiunue to push the anti/pro israeli/palestine issue are all lacking in the brains department.

So because I point out the fact that I notice a pattern in "Pro Israeli" posters' speech, I am somehow "lacking brains". And because I am "biased" against Israel's actions, I therefor can't comment?

What about the use of "Megaphone" and the JIDF? Online propaganda is a FACT for many nations, including the U.S.

If there is a pattern that I detect that 'gives them away' in my opinion, I'm going to share it.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

So because I point out the fact that I notice a pattern in "Pro Israeli" posters' speech, I am somehow "lacking brains". And because I am "biased" against Israel's actions, I therefor can't comment?

No I think you misunderstood me. You are not lacking brains because you are biased against Israel i was saying that everyone that keeps bringing this old argument up is lacking in the brains department. It is really like watching two 4 year olds say "no thats what you are" back and forth. There is an entire board for middle eastern crap. And i stay away from it because of Im affraid of the retard rubbing off on me. I really can't stand it when people try to bring there middles eastern issues to other boards.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Originally posted by RedBird

I'm a pro-Israeli poster, and while my grammar is not perfect, it's certainly not bad either.

I never said ALL the "Pro Israel" posters have bad grammar. Quote where I said that.

..... the other side is populated exclusively by disinformation agents?

Quote where I said that please.

That is what you're suggesting, right? That Mossad agents or some other "foreign" (read: "Jewish") infiltrators are coming on to ATS to post their "propaganda"?

A good amount, yes.

First of all, even if that were true, so what? You get to represent your views, why can't they present theirs? What is wrong with having "the other side" of the story presented? And I call the Israeli position "the other side", by the way, because they are so incredibly outnumbered here on ATS, in academia, and on the web in general, as to qualify as an endangered species. How do I know they're badly outnumbered? Because I can come on to ATS and actually read people suggesting that every poster who takes the Israeli position is some sort of disinformation agent.

I should have been clearer in my original intent. My OP was a nod to the use of "Megaphone", and I should have included that many of these posters REGISTER the same day, make one long post using their usual propaganda and lies...then they're off...I never said that 'every poster' who takes Israel's 'side' is an agent...

You're denying that a legitimate "other side" to the argument even exists!

"Legitimate"? In many of the Pro Israel threads... "Legitimacy" is lacking.

It's one thing to disagree with someone's argument, but it's something altogether putrid and repugnant to deny the others' argument is even genuine, and suggest that it's nothing but a manipulative ploy of some kind. Your natural tendency to assume that everyone is "up to something" nefarious leads me to question your judgment and your character.

"Everyone" is up to something? Nope, just the usual Megaphonies....THEIR arguments are genuine yes, genuine propaganda.

The Israeli supporters on this website are now so badly outnumbered that they can't even keep their often legitimate threads alive, while any old headline that bashes Israel can make the front page - regardless of content. Even when they present their views in a positive and effective manner, they just get shouted down. They've, as a whole, become so timid that they won't even call out blatant and flagrant antisemitism anymore - for fear of getting pounced on. I, luckily, suffer from no such apprehensions.

Good for you. As far as them being 'outnumbered'...how unfortunate...start the violins.

You think that "the other side" is being presented by spooks and spies with the full weight of the Evil Zionist Empire behind them. You deny that a legitimate debate exists.

Part 1 YES...PART 2 NOPE...legitimacy usually deals in fact of history and true account, I see very little coming from 'that side'...sorry dude.

I think that in order to hold this position, you either have to be insane, or a bigot.

Because attacking my 'sanity' and calling me a 'bigot' is what really matters.

I think you're a bigot. I think you have a problem with Jews. Not Israel, but Jews. I think it's obvious in the way you write, in your *wink wink nudge nudge* "I think you know what I mean" attitude. The way you dance around it without saying it, but all the anti-Semites read it and smile, because they know what you're saying.

What took you so long to get to the good stuff? Usually the race card comes out earlier. Yes, I am a Nazi and I dance around in vintage SS Uniforms while posting on ATS....snore.

You quietly play off the stereotype of the clever conniving Jew, while at the same time it never even occurs to you that BOTH SIDES might have their agents on ATS supporting "their side" of the debate. It doesn't occur to you, because you're only concerned about the Jew, and what he's up to.

Your words are like music to my ears, because it affirms so many things for the public to witness. Keep playing the "Jew" card..while my OP says nothing of JEWS.

I think you need to seriously take a look at your position, and where you're coming from. What is your intention, and what is the result? You're propagating racial hatred, and that's bad enough, but I think that if you took a REAL close look at yourself, you'd discover that you're doing it because you hate Jews, too.

Does this ever get old with you guys? Obviously not...why do I bother asking LOL

And you know what? For the most part, no one is ever going to call you on it. Because this website is full of people just like you.

Don't let the virtual door hit you on the way out.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Originally posted by zaiger

I really can't stand it when people try to bring there middles eastern issues to other boards.

And maybe if you READ the FARKING thread, you would have known that I posted ORIGINALLY in the Mid East section....and it FARKING got MOVED here by a MODERATOR!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk to one of THEM if you have an issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I have noticed this as well.

many of the posts use a very subtle yet intelligent double think.

but one of the things people should keep in mind is the jewish megaphone.

and Article re-writers. These are programs that will take an article, change words with synonyms so that they can pass as "new" material. I am sure this is whats happening in some cases as it does speed up the process. However, due to these programs being unreliable in their perfection, the articles then end up with obvious grammar mistakes, but its something you wouldnt notice if you fail to proof read your post, because your looking to be QUICK, not thorough!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

I have seen multiple members all write the same..
I'm certain some have more than one account...

Maybe check their IP address ?

I agree with your assessment. Multiple accounts are the thing with message boards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join