It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Here they are!! Videos showing Troops on the ground, etc. in Grand Isle LA

page: 1
3

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Buses, Military Trucks, Lots of Police, what POSSIBLY looks like Military occupied homes (military vehicles in driveways of homes, most likely on loan by the owners for them to use ), some staging areas, oil booms, etc. Doesn't look like martial law or arrests for operating a camera, but there is obviously SOME truth to the reports coming out of there.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
















[edit on 9-6-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]




posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Not at all what the reports made this out to be. Although, it does appear the humvee had something on the turret. Not sure it was a gun though.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus
 


Where is there evidence that the troops are occupying homes?

It was announced that the national guard has been deployed, but it is unconstitutional for the troops to occupy homes. I find it hard to believe we've come so far as to blatantly dismiss an article of the Bill of Rights with little to no reason...



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus
 


Where is there evidence that the troops are occupying homes?

It was announced that the national guard has been deployed, but it is unconstitutional for the troops to occupy homes. I find it hard to believe we've come so far as to blatantly dismiss an article of the Bill of Rights with little to no reason...



The military vehicles in driveways of homes. Not confirmed, I will add "possible"



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
If they're actually taking over peoples' homes, there are going to be thousands of constitutional lawyers salavating, fighting to be the first in court.

If this really happened, some general's head is going to roll in a couple of days (because, of course, those responsible would never let it get to them).

It's too big of a liability when there are other places they could stay. The last military to do that in American homes was shot up and sent packing across the sea.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If the home owners let them use their house that's a different issue. I highly doubt their kicking people out on the street. Especially rich beach house people.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If they're actually taking over peoples' homes, there are going to be thousands of constitutional lawyers salavating, fighting to be the first in court.

If this really happened, some general's head is going to roll in a couple of days (because, of course, those responsible would never let it get to them).

It's too big of a liability when there are other places they could stay. The last military to do that in American homes was shot up and sent packing across the sea.


I am guessing the owners are "loaning" them to the responders. If they are Guard units, then I highly doubt they have been requisitioned, but , if they are some kind of Blackwater/DHS group, then who knows. So many things I would never thought possible a couple years ago are happening so I no longer say never.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think I counted about 5 to maybe 6 military vehicles (3 hum vees, 2 6 Wheeler's and 2 dump trucks) .

By the way it is headlined, I was expecting to see a company of M-1's with APC's and air escort.
Instead of using the Barbie doll cam, they could at least go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap video camera.
IMHO.



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I think I counted about 5 to maybe 6 military vehicles (3 hum vees, 2 6 Wheeler's and 2 dump trucks) .

By the way it is headlined, I was expecting to see a company of M-1's with APC's and air escort.
Instead of using the Barbie doll cam, they could at least go to Wal-Mart and get a cheap video camera.
IMHO.


Actually, go back and watch both of them, I would have guessed somewhere between 20-30 between both videos, but either way, its NOT martial law numbers, yet. I thought all the buses were the most interesting, and there were definitely a lot of police and black SUV's.

Sorry you were disappointed, I wasn't trying to sound over-reactive, but headlines are important to get views.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
If they're actually taking over peoples' homes, there are going to be thousands of constitutional lawyers salavating, fighting to be the first in court.


History, recent history, and a 'told you so' from the conspiracy theorist community took care of all this for them back during the Katrina disaster of the Bush administration... Remember the first reports from New Orleans after Katrina hit was that the city has survived, the second report was that the New Orleans Police Dept. and Federal agents were shooting at each other at the Levies that 'gave way'. The whole debacle gave the shock and awe factor that enabled them to rewrite a few laws, and usher in a few new policies. One of the victims of that was the Posse Comitatus Act... Welcome to the New World.

Secret Post-9/11 Memo Circumvents Constitution, Posse Comitatus
Bush Suspends Posse Comitatus
Congress Suspends Posse Comitatus
Posse Comitatus to be reviewed



posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


Well at least someone did take the time and effort and go there......many posters here on ATS who live in N.O. want even go there but rather deny everything........

Yes the video only showed a few, but I did see weapons on a couple vehicles



posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by Violater1
 


Well at least someone did take the time and effort and go there......many posters here on ATS who live in N.O. want even go there but rather deny everything........

Yes the video only showed a few, but I did see weapons on a couple vehicles


Agreed. I hope this situation can be watched carefully by fellow ATS members. This situation is very important and could be the stage for something very important. I'm in NC and I've been told by to expect oil on my coast in the next couple weeks.



new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join