It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI gave $25,000 to van der Sloot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

FBI gave $25,000 to van der Sloot

edition.cnn.com

(CNN) -- The FBI paid Joran van der Sloot $25,000 in an undercover investigation of a plot to extort money from Natalee Holloway's mother, a federal law enforcement official told CNN Wednesday.

The FBI and U.S. Attorneys Office in Alabama arranged for a meeting where an undercover agent paid van der Sloot $10,000 in cash and another $15,000 in a wire transfer for information van der Sloot allegedly promised would lead to Holloway's body in Aruba, a source familiar with the case said. The meeting took place in May, according to the U.S. Attorneys Office in Alabama.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
incredible..25k euro's for false info.......
the whole world know joran is an lier... exept the FBI...
okay he is in prison now .. be the FBI made it possible for him to traffel and gambling.. and created possibly the death of the peruan girl..
let see wats come out of it these days... some FBI agents will be critisised for it...

how stupid can you be...

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

It does seem like giving him that money did help to facillitate her murder. Who knows if he would have continued his trip without the money.

I don't know rather the FBI did the wrong or right thing, but it is an interesting development in this sad tale.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Paying for info is about as useful as torturing for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is tragic. Essentially the Holloway's financed his trip to Peru to commit another murder. The FBI Sat idle and do no arrest him for extrusion. He fled a killed another girl, and they financed it. So sad. My heart breaks for the Holloway family.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

What type of twisted world do you live in where you can blame the FBI for this psycopath murdering a Peruvian girl with money they paid him to entrap him into committing a crime for which he could finally be brought to justice.

No thoughts for the incompetent Arubans who let him go free, no thoughts for the Dutch government who did nothing to restrict his travel or push their Aruban accolytes to press for a prosection. No thoughts for his family who supported his efforts to escape justice.

No, you ignore all of that and then wait for something, however ridiculous, that you could blame the USA for.

Truly, shockingly, pathetic.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Retseh wrote
with money they paid him to entrap him into committing a crime for which he could finally be brought to justice.

i thought entrapment was against the law? even if the FBI is not to blame for the peruvian girls death, it still is a testament to the shadey way they persue "justice"

dont get me wrong this whole story saddens me and ultimately Joren in my opinion is a scumbag, and i am not defending him or his sick, demented actions.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic

i thought entrapment was against the law? even if the FBI is not to blame for the peruvian girls death, it still is a testament to the shadey way they persue "justice"

Well we thought that murder was against the law too, but apparently not if you're a rich Dutchman with local connections.

It's only entrapment if the accused previously showed no predisposition to commit the crime, my understanding was that he had already asked for the money.

Bottom line is that this serial killer is finally off the streets, if you want to pick holes in that be my guest.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I wonder how much money these groups hand out to people to set people up, for no reason.

Amazing the criminals in gov and police.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Andy, I wonder about you at times. This was extortion on the behalf of a guy that know what happened to a beautiful, young woman.

They did not just pay him the money, he initiated it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The authorities pay criminals for information all the time.

This is not a unique situation.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well we thought that murder was against the law too, but apparently not if you're a rich Dutchman with local connections.

im not argueing with you about his guilt or his "silver spoon"
------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's only entrapment if the accused previously showed no predisposition to commit the crime, my understanding was that he had already asked for the money

thank you for clarifying i was simply responding to the term you yourself used "money they paid him to entrap him into committing a crime "
Bottom line is that this serial killer is finally off the streets, if you want to pick holes in that be my guest.

you are putting words in my mouth and to be honest it seems you are just looking to argue with me.

Retsah i respect your opinion and wont argue that this lowlife deserves to be locked up and away from us decent folk. i was simply commenting on the methods employed by our justice system.

respectfully yours,
~meathead

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
reply to post by ressiv

It does seem like giving him that money did help to facillitate her murder. Who knows if he would have continued his trip without the money.

I don't know rather the FBI did the wrong or right thing, but it is an interesting development in this sad tale.

Maybe he was demonstrating what he did to Natalie. Very evil.

top topics

join