It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AP journalist dives into Gulf, can only see oil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by dbloch7986

Well if you look a couple posts up there's a video. Those men have permits to dive the spill. They are not only allowed to be there but are charged with the task.

They also jeopardize their own personal health and safety to show the world what BP doesn't want us to see. What's going on under the water. How can you criticize someone like that knowing full well that you don't have the guts to do the same?

It's a dirty job but someone has to do it!

I find your remarks unwarranted.

I think the point is that the guy is an idiot and doesn't know what he is doing. He is a hazard to himself and anyone else he convinces to dive with him. If no one else agrees to dive with him, he again is an idiot for diving by himself, that is the first rule of scuba diving, always have a dive buddy.

So bottom line is, he wasn't properly outfitted and he does not practice safe scuba diving. = oily idiot

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Umm are we talking about the same post here? I was referring to the video. Those guys are scientists who dive frequently and who's job is to monitor the status of the underlying reef system.......

Perhaps you should read more carefully.

Here is a link if you don't know wtf I'm talking about.

I think that my main point here is that this is not stupidity that drives them. They want these horrific images out there in the public eye. I agree with their actions.

As for the AP journalist, I have to hold the same stance. He wanted these images out there. That is a noble cause. I can agree with you somewhat though because he should have been wearing more protection. Still that was his choice not ours and therefore my original statement still stands.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You obviously completely missed my point. Please read my post again. I was praising that reporter. Unlike most of the people before me who were calling him an idiot. A lot of ATS members were complaining of lack of coverage and here this guy goes to get coverage and these people call him an idiot. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

AP journalist dives into Gulf, can only see oil

www2.tbo.com

Dropping beneath the surface the only thing I see is oil. To the left, right, up and down — it sits on top of the water in giant pools, and hangs suspended fifteen feet beneath the surface in softball sized blobs. There is nothing alive under the slick, although I see a dead jellyfish and handful of small bait fish.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Oh, you know how it goes, those animals are suffering and dying because of their "bad karma", but of course! They musta been really bad beasts in this or a past life. [B]ison [P]oo is just hastening their karma by mockingly treating them as disposable collateral ... simple, really.

Oh yah, let's not forget the people who are getting sick, the 11 or so that died, so far, and the ruination of local economies, perhaps for decades. Them folk must have been only a vast herd of fornicatin' ignoranus bipeds, surely they're guilty of something! Thus, their "bad karma" too.

Ah ha, the lord works in mysterious ways, eh? Putt'n the whammy on bad karma'd people through the glorious splendors of our superiors, BP, [B]isonshatenous [P]lutocrats, our lords on Earth, butt of course. They're too insatiably greedy to do any wrong, it's god's will that [B]odaciously [P]rofitable are so wealthy, and thus being annointed by god on high, surely [B]ilously [P]ompous can do no wrong. Glory be!

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join