It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Post Apocalyptic Princess!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here is a short story i wrote whilst thinkg of my the love of my life. Andd it dawned on me that even in hard times, love can make a difference! Lemm know what ya all think, thanks
peace and love...ps. i know its kinda short but if its any good then i plan on lengething it. oh and if anyone has any tips then they are grately appreciated
xxx

My Post Apocalyptic Princess!

As the wind strips yet another layer from the empty shell that once was a busy, full of life building, His eyes awaken to the familiar noise of howling and sandy erosion. Looking up to see two suns in the sky he knows it must be mid-day. Clambering from the petty excuse for a bed he made the night before, he wrestles to his feet and sets off into the distance once again in hope of finding someone, anyone.

Three days pass and many miles have been travelled when he reaches a town in darkness, Cautiously he makes his way through the meandering mess that once was a host to so much more. “ A Light” he whispers to himself. Picking up his pace he makes his way towards this almost north star like light. With so much hope in his heart he almost sprints up the stairs into this building where his hopeful saviour may be.

Now from the outside he could tell it was the third floor and four from the right. He reaches the door and freezes, Panicking as he had not seen another person for over two years. His mind raced with ideas, “ what if this person is a murderer, what if this person is a mutant, what if this person isn’t alive anymore, what if im not welcomed, what if……………”

With a few really deep breaths he knocks the door lightly as to appear benign. Footsteps make there way towards this barrier between fear and love. His heart racing and his mouth dry he is breathing heavier and heavier with each footstep. The door swings open and there she stands, smiling, warm, wanting, waiting for some sort of communication.

“ Hello……”
“ Hello stranger “ she replies.
“ How long have you been here? “ is all he could muster up to ask.
“ Since it happened “

Many hours pass and much information is traded. Then something amazing happened, For once since that fateful day he was not afraid. He was not aware of his surroundings, nor did he need to be. She had freed him from his torment. She had opened his cellar door. He vowed to protect her and serve her in anyway he could for he had not felt this feeling for years and was incredibly grateful to her for this gift.

Lying on a mattress for the first time in years with this lady on his shoulder, he could feel her breath on his neck and with a sigh of relief one single thought crossed his mind

“ I’ve found My Post Apocalyptic Princess “

Upon waking he finds himself alone in a sea of light flooding in from the hole where a window once was and now tarpaulin conquers. Squinting he realises everything is silent, not even the sound of a breathing lady.
“ Oh no where is she, she’s left me!” he worryingly thinks to himself. On this thought he notices the front door is lying wide open and a glass has been broken near the entrance. “ She never left me!!! She was taken! “ this thought shoots across his now fully awake mind.

“ How could this have happened without me waking up “ he sternly asks himself. The two suns now brightly burning in the dirty sky, he makes his way downstairs and out into the what some would once call a street. He looks left and right but to no avail, no signs of life unveil themselves from this derelict land. His heart dying and his mind numb with rage he walks away from the once castle where his princess dwelled. Stumbling along a, what he guessed, once car park, something catches his eye to the immediate left. His head moves like lightning only to catch a foot disappearing into a crack in a wall. His legs couldn’t have moved any faster as he runs calling out her name over and over, louder and louder.

Upon entering this crack he finds himself blinded by an amazing light. Whilst adjusting his eyes he feels a dull blow to the back of his head and then darkness. Stirring he finds himself bound to a support beam by the hand and legs. As the pain from his head quietens down he can hear a faint whimpering but cannot see where its from. “ Wh…..who’s there……” He sheepishly asks. “ Its me, from last night. “ A small gentle floaty voice answers.
“ Oh my god I thought I had lost you Princess “
“ We will be together soon, don’t worry! “ She strangely replies.
“ What do you mean soon? We are together now!”
Then all of a sudden an ear piercing bang goes off causing his ears to tingle and his eyes to close shut tight. Upon opening his eyes he see his captor standing in front of him. A grotesque looking being with what looked like a suit made from skin on. “ Any last words? “ this strange thing asked him.

To which he replied.

“ Ill see you soon my Post Apocalyptic Princess. I Love You! “

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Free4Ever2]

Edit because i extended it a little bit
xxx

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Lemme know if theres anything i can do to improve my writing style, thanks
xxxxx

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That was cool.

Edited to ask, is there a follow up?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by wigit]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

There will be yeah, keep your eyes peeled
xxx

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Ok i was going to write a follow up to this but i would just like to know if there would be any interest in it? I have many ideas that could play out in a follow up but im not really sure where readers would like me to take this story? I appreciate all feedback and criticism
xxx

top topics

join