It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why has a religion founded in the Middle East...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
become a global phenomena? A global issue?

None of my ancestors come from the Middle East. I am not Jewish, I am not one of Jacob's people... AND that does not mean I AM A GENTILE either

pfft!

It occurred to me last night, my ancestors had their own beliefs that did not have anything at all to do with Israel/God of Abraham, Moses etc.

All of the God beliefs have broken off into various sects, like Muslim, Islam, Catholic Church and many others. All of them are pretty much the same, even the scriptures they rely on are similar.

The more threads I read about a possible New World Order, it seems to me, that it is already here. We are born into it and the moment we are born, the brainwashing starts.

When I went to school, I was taught Christianity. Christmas and Easter = conditioning me from an early age. Well, I am sick of it.

The God of Abraham and people of Jacob are none of my business

My ancestors had their own beliefs and the beliefs did not come out of Jerusalem or the Middle East. Now I have begun to salvage my families heritage and beliefs.

How the heck have we all been swept up into this religious drama?

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Thurisaz]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Well to answer that, you have to go back a couple few thousand years and start from there. I'm afraid I don't have enough space to explain it all here, and also I have'nt totally figured out yet. Of course.

Btw, if you are not a Jew, you are a gentile.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Centurionx

I find the word gentile very offensive. Please no one use that word to describe another person or yourself.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What is so offensive about it? Gentile is a non-Jew, you are offended at being called a non-Jew?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I agree with OP. If I were inclined to worship a god or a pantheon of gods I'd chose Wotan since thats who my ancestors worshiped. well at least he was one of the many gods...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Yes, why has it?

Celebrate your own religion.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

What I don't like about it is that I feel unwanted. Because my parental grandma was a Russian Jew. But since my mother has no Jewish blood I can't say I have Jewish blood in me. It's hard to explain.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
basically the reason why it is so prevalent now, is because it was the best thing going for a while - peeps need to recognise we're in the 21st century now - take what was good out of it and create something new. The rest makes for an interesting quasi-historical read.

That goes for anything that is not contemporary.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

When I went to school, I was taught Christianity. Christmas and Easter = conditioning me from an early age. Well, I am sick of it.

The God of Abraham and people of Jacob are none of my business

Hehehe... S&F for your post... and you know what? even that conditioning you mention in the above, christmas and easter? pagan practices... it might be closer to your family's heirtage then you think... you should read up on those specific practices... I'm not condemning this when naming it a pagan practice.. I am merely pointing out that it is in no way a part of biblical teachings and therefore has another origin...

Easter practice..
source: en.wikipedia.org...

The name easter refers to Eostur-monath, a month of the Germanic calendar attested by Bede as named after the goddess Ēostre of Anglo-Saxon paganism.[16] Bede notes that Eostur-monath was the equivalent to the month of April, and that feasts held in her honor during Ēostur-monath had died out by the time of his writing, replaced with the Christian custom of Easter.[17] Using comparative linguistic evidence from continental Germanic sources, the 19th century scholar Jacob Grimm proposed the existence of an equivalent form of Eostre among the pre-Christian beliefs of the continental Germanic peoples, whose name he reconstructed as Ostara.

christmas practice
source:en.wikipedia.org...

Christmas[3] or Christmas Day[4][5] is a holiday held on December 25 to commemorate the birth of Jesus, the central figure of Christianity.[6][7] The date is not known to be the actual birth date of Jesus, and may have initially been chosen to correspond with either the day exactly nine months after some early Christians believed Jesus had been conceived

Although nominally a Christian holiday, Christmas is also widely celebrated by many non-Christians,[1][12] and many of its popular celebratory customs have pre-Christian or secular themes and origins.

Pre-Christian background
Dies Natalis Solis Invicti
Main article: Sol Invictus

Dies Natalis Solis Invicti means "the birthday of the unconquered Sun." The use of the title Sol Invictus allowed several solar deities to be worshipped collectively, including Elah-Gabal, a Syrian sun god; Sol, the god of Emperor Aurelian; and Mithras, a soldiers' god of Persian origin.[53] Emperor Elagabalus (218–222) introduced Sol-worship and the cult reached the height of its popularity under Aurelian.[54]

Modern scholars have argued that the festival was placed on the date of the solstice because this was on this day that the Sun reversed its southward retreat and proved itself to be "unconquered." Several early Christian writers connected the rebirth of the sun to the birth of Jesus.[7] "O, how wonderfully acted Providence that on that day on which that Sun was born...Christ should be born", Cyprian wrote.[7] John Chrysostom also commented on the connection: "They call it the 'Birthday of the Unconquered'. Who indeed is so unconquered as Our Lord . . .?"[7]

just a few snippets from wiki... I dont feel these practices truly originate from the bible... find anything that correlates with your heritage? chances are there will be... christianity has been corrupted LONG before they started teaching you about this

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You are unwanted because you do not have Jewish blood - oh crap.

Why would you need Jewish blood to be wanted?

And that is another thing - you can only be Jewish through your maternal line?

Let me tell you, this is all total crap.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

I think I understand now, no need to explain.

To the OP, look to ancient Rome for a link to how Christianity spread throughout the world. Around oh, about the 4th century AD, and a dude named Constantine. That's a start anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
1. Because there is a major Stargate in the middle east with easy access to the 4th dimensional Reptilians. 2. Because it's really freakin hot and the heat fries peoples brains. (Why else would you subjegate your consciousness and enslave yourself to a priestly class). 3. After smoking some realy good camel dung, it seemed like a good idea. 4. You wanted a reason to wear funky new clothes and a funky tall hat. 5. Because your book of fiction is way better than the other guys. 6. Because we got the baddest mumbo jumbo goin on in the sandy desert. FREE YOUR SELF, THE TRUTH IS IN YOU, not in some dogma. PEACE

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
As stated, there is about 2,000 years worth of history to explain why the midEast is so important. On the other hand..

I am a Christian, and see it as fulfillment of scriptures. Biblical prophets all proclaim the importance of Israel and Jerusalem, right p to the end. Jesus said that Jerusalem would be like a mill stone around the world's neck until the end. There will never be peace in this region...never, until we are all on the other side.

The fact that most of these countries sit on the world's major reserves of oil and that the MidEast is the gateway and crossroads to three continents make it the pivot point for the world.

Throw in some religion and nuclear weapons, shake and bake, and you have the recipe for global headlines and disiaster.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Christianity and religion in general is used as a way to control the masses... look at the vikings. the first true viking king used Christianity to combine a large number of "barbarians" into one cohesive kingdom. islam was the driving force behind the creation of the great muslim kingdoms across the middle east and north africa into spain. judaism justified the mass displacement of large groups of people in canin. the spread of christianity was the justification of countless atrocities against "pagans" in the early dark ages (which burnings, and general killings of number of non-christians from spain to russia). In ancient druidism priests would create bone fires and burn animals crops and humans to placate "gods"Here

in conclusion all religion is a tool for control... not that it is all bad but merely a tool.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There are THOUSANDS of reasons why it is relevant, but truly only one that matters:
You are a citizen of this world.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I find the word gentile very offensive. Please no one use that word to describe another person or yourself.

I agree. It really offends me too. Collectively, the 'unchosen' have been included into their beliefs and what does that label do?

It is an indirect insult. It makes a clear distinction and sets the status quo.

"we are God's People and everyone else is not"

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You are a citizen of this world.

... I agree but to many religious people, 'the world revolves around them and their cause'

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
As stated, there is about 2,000 years worth of history to explain why the midEast is so important. On the other hand..

My Indigenous friends have a longer history and a very peaceful one at that.

Throw in some religion and nuclear weapons, shake and bake, and you have the recipe for global headlines and disiaster.

And isn't that a shame? We all are vulnerable because certain groups of people in the world have their own agenda.

The irony is of course that it is their God that created the world. Plenty of other religious beliefs aren't so hell bent on 'absolute control'.

It is even more ridiculus to see them fighting and killing each other when they are all based from the same thing.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

I agree. It really offends me too. Collectively, the 'unchosen' have been included into their beliefs and what does that label do?

It is an indirect insult. It makes a clear distinction and sets the status quo.

"we are God's People and everyone else is not"

I was looking for a perfect way to phrase it and you beat me to it. Indeed, the whole notion of "chosen" and "unchosen" and the freaking Christian nuts who subscribe to this pile of turd make me sick.

top topics

join