It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The State Department's Worst Nightmare....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
An Army intel analyst charged with leaking classified materials also downloaded sensitive diplomatic cables. Are America’s foreign policy secrets about to go online? Philip Shenon reports.

The State Department and American embassies around the world are bracing for what officials fear could be the massive, unauthorized release of secret diplomatic cables in which U.S. diplomats harshly evaluate foreign leaders and reveal the inner-workings of American foreign policy.

Diplomatic and law-enforcement officials tell The Daily Beast their alarm stems from the arrest of a 22-year-old Army intelligence analyst based in Iraq who has reportedly admitted that he downloaded 260,000 diplomatic cables from government computer networks and was prepared to make them public.

“If he really had access to these cables, we've got a terrible situation on our hands," said an American diplomat.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
oooopsie
well nothing sucks cess like success
we need an ooopsie emoticon

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Apart from the diplomatic/political backlash this would frakking make my day.

USA dirty laundry revealed for the world to see.....

Lets see if they kill the guy first though. Hope he has them well stashed and lots of juicy copys.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Master Shen long]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Clever chap got himself bargaining power big time, crafty sod!

THIS is the new generation! reminds me of 60s, I hope someone is watching his back

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Man...with all of the infighting among the elite, this would be awesome for the average Joe. If the elite's stated goals don't meet up with their private communiques...WOW!

Good Job for this M.I. guy for taking what he could to show whats going down. It is ironic that this U.S. military trained soldier is the one that shocked the State Department for...information gathering! Good on him...

Always out Front

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
O I didn't know its here as well

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

top topics

join