It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Gulf oil spill; could Europe be next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

BP Gulf oil spill; could Europe be next?

www.neurope.eu

Concerned about BP's safety record and poor oversight by regulators - factors considered to be behind the record-breaking oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, activists from Food and Water Europe warned that similar deep drilling could result in a similar disaster in the North sea.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
US done, so I guess EU is next... at this point I still believe what happend in the US was an accident but I don't understand how there can be so little control over these kinds of companies and their projects.

My only hope is that if smth similar will ever happen in the EU we will be prepared and ... at least we'll know few solutions that don't work

www.neurope.eu
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Hope not..

reply to post by martinkb

They are very complex entities and take a lot of manpower to bring the persons responsible to justice. Also, they have very close ties to the government itself, a lot of politicians own shares of these companies, so they will either approve or tolerate their actions. It's a dirty game.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

Well its happened in Nigeria already..
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
According to this Danish newspaper we've already got one

www .epn.dk

Oil spill from Danfeltet in the North Sea now covers over 300 square kilometers, but the coasts are not in danger.

It seems to be only in the Danish media, here in Holland there's nothing about this I think, not 100% sure since I don't have a television connection. But searching google news on "Danfeltet" only turns up Danish articles...

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Moravec]

top topics

join