It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If given SCIENTIFIC PROOF that the growing population is collapsing mankind, would you control it?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The first thing I'd do is go talk to the pope and show him the evidence.

I question how much of the increase is longevity.

I know that in the Western world, there's concern that the birthrates have actually been falling like crazy, and in most places are a source of concern from a national security standpoint.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
It is my personal view that 'overpopulation' is a MYTH.

The first reason is that the majority of the world does not have a birth certificate and therefore who can really count how many people live on this planet.

The second reason is that the majority of the planet is unpopulated and we mainly have concentrated HUBS of human population.

Also, create a scarcity and create value. If land appears to be 'scarce' then the price goes UP and UP and UP and the wealthier of society benefit from this.

The population of this planet has never been accurately measured and never will be.

I believe that if the truth were ever to be known we would find that Earth's population is rapidly declining and not increasing but the extremely 'well educated' those suffering from acute hubris and the very wealthy do not want the 'riff raff' of the world getting in their way and so they cooperate in the myth of overpopulation.

We are only over populated with the 'hangers on' and 'parasites' of this world, such as over paid politicians, and other Elites who manipulate and covet everything that anyone else has!

When greedy psycopaths are removed from the picture, the world is a truly wonderful place. It is just those few that spoil it for everyone else.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Elliot]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
The first thing I'd do is go talk to the pope and show him the evidence.

First off I will say for the record that I am no fan of the Pope . Having said that , just what does anyone think the Pope can do about it ? Oh what's that ? He can say he is for birth control you say ? So big deal I say .

Does anyone think that if the Pope says to the third world that he's for birth control that a bunch of people with no money will all of a sudden run out to buy birth control ? Or for that matter even use birth control ?

I still say the best way to deal with the problem is to help the 3rd world get developed .

To bad the greedy little money / power holders have a different way of dealing with the problem ... Holding them , the 3rd world , in poverty until they all die off from malnutrition or disease while drumming up support in the west for depopulation of the 3rd world via some UN program .

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I don't think the world is overpopulated yet. I think if they really wanted to thin out the herd so to speak that they give every nation in the middle east a few short range nukes and let them have at it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
How are you going to PROVE that there is nothing we can do to mitigate the effects of population growth?

I believe there is plenty we can do, but aren't.

The people that advocate "population control" are interested in another control game, as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Im glad to see some optimistic counter weight in this thread to the whole overpopulation myth.

Deliberitly kill people?
Taking away their freedoms of choiche?

Where is the love?
The compassion?
Looking out for one another?
What about respect and being fair to one another?

I mean I know economics and politics arent the above.
Thats why this whole overpopulation story was created I believe.

Must we at ATS make the same mistakes?
So it is once again. The greatest source of "evil" is unconsciousness.
Do you wish to be captive of the believe of others?

Those quoted people must have been prety bitter or apathetic or at least not lovingly caring for themselves.

When you try to macromanage the world everything becomes just another number so it seems or at least easily so.

Good day and dont harm anyone with your policies now you hear.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would say: "Breed, my friends, breed"

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I would in no way infringe on reproductive rights, however I would offer incentives to for people to use birth control or be sterilized. However it would be completely their choice. After that I would trust nature to take over and reduce the population.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I suspect that the coming economic collapse, accompanied by catastrophic food shortages and mass starvation, will take care of the overpopulation problem, if indeed there is such a problem. Whether our current system was set up by greedy conspiracy or by incompetent stupidity, doesnt really matter, the whole system--of economic, political, corporate, and social institutions is headed for the cliff, and will bring the population in check.

Maybe this is part of the plan, maybe not. But it goes without saying that the most efficient manner to cull a population is starvation. No firing squads or gas chambers required. No lingering radiation or unleashed deadly microbes. All that is required is time and no food.

The collective mass of humanity is on the road to destroying itself, and at this point, given the current political and economic situation, I doubt that anyone can do anything about it. The global system's current momentum is going to carry it over the cliff. Its not a question of "if" but only a question of "when", and I suspect it will be sooner rather than later.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Angiras]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

...What happens when population capacity is reached and no new technologies are entered to quell the negative effects?

We call that squalor.

You think that civilization will collapse due to human overpopulation, but this is actually impossible technically.

Squalor does not cause a civilization to collapse. But it does bring many crappy elements of life into fruition. Disease begins to spread, starvation increases, poverty increases, crime levels increase, etc. This is all due to the effects of squalor. [...]

indeed, when theres a central 'planning' commission' for whole nations or blocs of regional nations...
the parts of the vast multitude needs to be 'balkanized' or cut up into smaller segments, think of city states being instructed what their quotas or rations will be on a quarterly basis.

i would think the think-tanks that discuss these kind of things would say that distortions always happen in the civilization matrix...
and its lack of direction in the absence of regulations which cause these distortions in the economic/social/political areas of society...

the immediate Need to cull the population is merely a scare tactic by these naive Elites...
see the objective is to come to a solution better than mass genocide so the masses will feel relief---even though the new austrity measures will be really oppresive -->> but better than death!
thats my take on the OPs list of voices with a horrible remedy

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
there is already scientific evidence of that - but not only scientific, also layman should be able to conclude what multiple billion greedy bastards can do for the globe. and there also have been means introduced to control the pest problem - condoms, hiv and other diseases, "medication", sterilization and so on.

all of us could be able to live on this planet, but not by the way we - and by we i mean the wealthy and greedy people - are living right now. most people want their own house, car, few kids they want spoil rotten, lawnmover, boat, summer cabin and so on - is that bearable? no. go on and die, please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join