It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain Tightening Rules for Immigrant Partners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The British Government is bringing forward plans requiring immgrants who marry UK citizens to prove that they can speak English.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I can just see them even attempting something like this in the USA and all the bleeding heart liberals complaining that this is discriminatory.

It's a requirement of Citizenship in almost every country in the world to be able to speak the language of that country, but is only enforced in a handful of cases. In the USA, that language is ENGLISH, just like in England.

I find it hypocritical that the USA has a requirement for Citizens to prove they can speak English, but then politicians have to fund campaign ads in Spanish to reach all voters (who are ALL US Citizens by Law and by law should all speak English) and there was even a Spanish language Presidential debate during the last election.

Quit pandering to the Spanish speaking population - if they want to become Citizens, make them speak English and integrate into society. It's hypocritical for ANY candidate to say that they are tough on illegal immigration, then to run campaign ads in Spanish.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Any US citizen can bring in anyone they married legally even if they dont speak English. That person after 5? years can apply for citizenship and if they pass the requirements can bring in their children up to age 21? and their parents. Its called chain migration.There is no main stream candidate that is tough on immigration.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I just do not know how to reply to your statement! In your OP you state that "bleeding heart liberals" would find this offensive? Yet in your signature you try to define yourself as a "liberated" mind?? WTF? Pick a side or stand aside but DON'T sit on a fence. As far as it goes, there are far too many immigrant partners that are entering EVERY country who cannot, or CHOOSE not to learn the predominant language of the country they are residing in! And why do you have to spew some bi-partisan rhetoric to get your message across. Another thing bothers me, Your address is in BC and, unless I am wrong, that is in Canada. What the hell do you care what happens in either the UK or the USA?? Where is the substance? Aye???

new topics

join