It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Conservatives Still Support BP Oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

Despite the devastation BP has caused, about a third of conservatives view the oil giant favorably.
As oil from BP’s Deepwater Horizon well makes its way deep into the marshes of the Gulf Coast, and the wildlife toll mounts, the company announced today that cleanup costs have already reached $1.25 billion and are growing quickly. Given this devastation, it’s not surprising that a vast majority of Americans — 72 percent — now have a negative view of the company, a new Rasmussen poll found. However, 22 percent still have a somewhat or very favorable view of the foreign oil giant. EnviroKnow examined the crosstabs from the poll and found that this group of BP supporters is made up disproportionately of conservatives:

On BP favorability, a few key statistics stick out:

* Conservatives are four times more likely to view BP favorably as Liberals are
* Republicans are more than twice as likely to view BP favorably as Democrats are
* Whites are nearly twice as likely to view BP favorably as Blacks are

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

They support it because they know without it gas prices would be twice as high as they are now.

I think BP is a criminal organization of looters, not because they caused a huge oil spill, but because they have used the power of government to block out competition through regulations and restrictions.

BP is also one of the major funders of the carbon tax movement, which they plan on using to drive the coal industry out of business.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
uk.reuters.com...

The world must establish a price for carbon emissions as part of the drive to ensure diverse and secure energy supplies, BP Chief Executive Tony Hayward said on Thursday.

Global warming is a sham cooked up by oil companies and scientists on the government dole to drive coal out of business and to fatten the pockets of corrupt scientists.

End of story.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Of course they would support it. If it wasn't for BP there would not be a catastrophic oil spill they can then label as Obama's Katrina! To them the catastrophy is a god send.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I am hoping BP gets there ass handed to them because of this www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don't really have any problem with BP.. BP is a corporation, it's designed to generate profit.

I do have a problem with the Government allowing an inept corporation to attempt a massive clean up spanning several states without taking over direct control of the clean up. Hell the Government is still fighting BP for video tapes and information .. where is the decisive action?

Can't blame BP for being a corporation.. it is what it is.. you can blame the Government for not holding it accountable for it's actions, and doing it's job as a Government to clean the damn mess up.

I think the statistics should read:

Conservatives more likely to blame administration over BP for oil clean up failures.

Liberals more likely to praise the administration and scowl at a corporation.

new topics

top topics

join