It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Investment Banker - Buy land, barbed wire and guns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
More and more, mainstream media sources are saying the things I thought I would only hear in places like ATS. I guess this should be a wake-up call to the general population when the MSM is starting to talk about this.

www.cnbc.com...

“If the nightmare scenario plays out as I suspect it may then the debt situation gets worse. There is currently no exit strategy and the reaction to the crisis of policy makers remains a big worry.”

As a result, Fry is telling investors to play it safe and buy physical assets like land.

“I don’t want to scare anyone but I am considering investing in barbed wire and guns, things are not looking good and rates are heading higher,” he said.

The comments mirror those of bearish Bob Janjuah from RBS, who told CNBC on Friday that we are facing big stock market losses and told investors to get into gold before G20 governments attempt to throw another $15 trillion in quantitative easing in a bid to jump start the economy.

“The policymakers' response to the crisis has been new debt and this is an old game” said Janjuah.

“Over the next 6 months we will see private sector deflation pushing 10-year yields down to 2 percent," he predicted.

“This will see the policy makers mistakenly attempt to kick start the economy and market with a global quantitative easing program worth between $10 and $15 trillion dollars.”

www.cnbc.com...

“Over the next 6 months we will see private sector deflation pushing 10-year yields down to 2 percent," he said. "This will see the policymakers mistakenly attempt to kick-start the economy and market with a global quantitative easing program worth between $10 and $15 trillion dollars."

With that in mind, Janjuah says Friday's non-farm payroll number is a "complete nonsense."

"Anyone trading today’s bogus number, well good luck to them,” he added.

Get out of Banks, Get into Gold

Like most bears, Janjuah says investors should get into gold and likes big mega cap stocks with no debt, the ability to set prices and exposure to Asia. One area he will not touch is the banks.

“We are seeing a repeat of 2007 and 2008 with the inter-bank market in trouble, people are ignoring this," he said, adding that if he cannot see a bank's balance sheet, he cannot make a decision to buy it.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by infolurker]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Either they are simply fearmongering, or they are releasing information related to forthcoming events/plans.

In either case, their actions are despicable.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
How can things not get there eventually, a few weeks, a few years, tomorrow? Who knows but there's bound to be a huge global financial crash sooner or later. After all there is only so many real assests of any real value. The global money supply has been inflated so many times beyond the real wealth to be had it's a bubble that must eventually burst. How bad will this hurt the commoner such as myself? Well stay out of Wall Street, pay down your debts if you can, save things of real value as best you can, that is be able to feed, clothe, and shelter and defend your family and your friends and neighbors if you are well off and you might ride it through pretty well. For the uber wealthy that suddenly find their billions of dollars are worth little to nothing well, too bad for them, perhaps they too will learn to tend a garden or butcher meat to survive. It won't be the end of all humanity, it won't make the planet explode and aliens won't show up and take over while times are rough.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

More and more, absurd fear-mongering sensationalistic tabloid crap is plastered on websites to increase traffic, hits, and revenues. Duh.

Did you see the article about gold going to $7,000 per ounce? Why not a million dollars????

Best,
SN

P.S. They were hyping a story all day about how the last hour of trading has been consistently bloody (a story they actually showed in the last 15 mins of trading). You know what? I bought some nice call options and made some decent money as the market sky-rocketed at the close, lol. And isn't the US great--I barely pay any tax on this totally pointless shifting of numerical digits compared to income that is actually earned via some worthwhile means. Ain't 'freedom' great!

[edit on 6/8/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Agreed, yes with you Skunk

The stockmarket is a scam, the main players control it to their own advantage...Smart people can make money.
Average Joe losses his shirt...

new topics

top topics

join