It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Pain, Electrically Stimulating Mind Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I came across this subject and found it in the realm of science fiction; however, the more in depth I researched this, the more feasible it seemed. The idea behind this technology is (back in it's infancy in the 1950's) implanting permanent thin wired electrodes into, then, a rats brain that stimulated several parts of the brain. Most of these areas were pleasurable.
Now to get to the point, it is believed that humans in the next couple of years will be doing the exact same. As you can see in the articles, the rat never was bored with the constant invoked pleasures of food, drink or sex. In their idealism, all of this will be bigger than drugs, life will be virtually pain free, and in general a happier society.
Here are the links:
www.wireheading.com...
www.psychicinvestigator.com...

In my own stubborn opinion, I believe they have an intriguing concept, although misguided. I can understand if this type of "technology" would be utilized to improve the standard of living for terminal patients, i.e. medical use; but I know that those won't be the only cases. I sincerely believe that pain and sadness have a place in this world.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheshire cat
I sincerely believe that pain and sadness have a place in this world.

According to that logic so does letting go of people you know... You must be very happy at funerals.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Many studies have shown that coc aine damages the pleasure centers of the brain. Wouldn't introduction of electric stimuli to induce feelings of pleasure cause hormones to become imbalanced and maybe even a dependency on the stimuli? Maybe cause a psychological dependency on the stimuli? I would rather pop a quelude.

Isn't the feelings we have, the emotions, building charater and strength in our society? If we were to all be happy, it would be 1984 all over - your right, it would be mind control and we would be happy to have it.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by 1998OX4]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer

Originally posted by cheshire cat
I sincerely believe that pain and sadness have a place in this world.

According to that logic so does letting go of people you know... You must be very happy at funerals.

I wouldn't say that. I guess in a way I am desensitized, if you will. I have been to many funerals, and realize that death is just a piece in the cycle of life.
And 19980X4 - I agree with you, the feelings we have do build character and strengthen our society.
I am a liberal thinker and have been told "control freak". The very idea of mind control just gives me an odd shiver. I know there are various forms of subliminal messages in our society, that's a given. But I certainly do not like the concept of taking someone's free will from them.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by cheshire cat]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
that will make lots of slaves for the government,

and what is pleasure without pain?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
that will make lots of slaves for the government,

and what is pleasure without pain?

True, it could be just another helping hand for the NWO.
That's a scary thought all of it's own.
I like my brain just the way it is thank you

new topics

top topics

join