It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The family of BP CEO Tony Hayward is under police protection after receiving threats and hate mail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

BP chief’s wife: We’ve suffered hate campaign over oil spill

Security has been stepped up around BP chief executive Tony Hayward's family after hate mail was sent to their Kent home.

Mr Hayward's wife Maureen has suffered threats from campaigners over the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Kent police sources said there was an “ongoing operation” to protect Mr and Mrs Hayward and their two children.

Mrs Hayward said letters sent to their home near Sevenoaks had made them feel “uncomfortable”. She told the Daily Telegraph: “Members of my family have had nasty phone calls and we have also had mail from groups. Tony is obviously away and we are miles away from him so it's upsetting.”

Mr Hayward said of his family: “I am very protective of my time with them.” A 12ft hedge surrounds the family home, which is only accessible by a private road. A BP insider said police were posted outside BP's St James's Square office on Friday.

Full Story

OK... I'm not sure whether this mail is actually directed at the family, or just at him.
It is obvious he isn't at home now though. If you wanna hate on him it's one thing. His wife and kids did nothing wrong. Phone calls for him and mail to him at his house are not even appropriate since it is obvious he isn't at home.

Send the mail to the BP offices. Leave his family out of this.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

His wife and kids did nothing wrong.

I know why- He's probably too well protected (read: Unable to be grabbed for the justice he so richly deserves)- so it's only natural for people to go after what *he* holds dear. He's already destroyed what millions hold dear- possibly more.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Wow this is news to me. People are angry at corporations like BP for killing the planet and the government for standing by. Who would have thought. We should have more sympathy for this guy and his family. They are probably suffering more than anyone or anything affected by the oil spill.

join