It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencers~ John E. Mack, Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hey ATS,

I found this series of videos awhile ago,
and I have never seen them, and can't find them through ATS search,
so I want to share them here,
apologies if theyre already up somewhere.
It is in 5 parts, Ill just link the last 4..

John Mack was one of the most honest, intelligent, and one of, if not the biggest 'critical thinker' in this field.

"" Dr. John E. Mack was a Pulitzer Prize winner and Harvard psychiatrist who studied people who said they had encounters with alien beings"". www.nytimes.com...

He , in my opinion, was one of the men who did not make this "alien/ufo" thing look like a big joke.

Here are a few links on him, if you like..
en.wikipedia.org...
www.johnemackinstitute.org...
www.passporttothecosmos.com...

Heres the first vid, and the links to the rest.

From youtube~Dr. John E. Mack appears only briefly in this film, his death having occurred soon after production began. More substantial are visits to the New England countryside with experiencers, including one couple who videotaped an unidentified flying object hovering above a lake a few hours before they were abducted from their lakeside cottage. Also in this film, is the New York artist and alien encounter investigator Budd Hopkins.

Although this documentary is similar to other documentaries commonly seen on American cable television, it has a more leisurely pace and gives more time for the experiencers to explain themselves than is commonly granted in US productions. One of the best interviews in the program is not with an experiencer at all, but rather with the husband of an experiencer, who matter-of-factly explains how his family has come to terms with his wifes experiences.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I dont find much on Mack on ATS, has he/his work, been discussed much?

Well, I thought some of you might enjoy it,
hope you do.

Peace, Love, and *friendly*contact. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks for posting he made alien abduction a serious topic, period...to bad he was run down ..sounds fishy to me?..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
John Mack was one of the most honest, intelligent, and one of, if not the biggest 'critical thinker' in this field.

"" Dr. John E. Mack was a Pulitzer Prize winner and Harvard psychiatrist who studied people who said they had encounters with alien beings"". www.nytimes.com...

He , in my opinion, was one of the men who did not make this "alien/ufo" thing look like a big joke.

That’s also my opinion of him Ahmose, thanks for sharing these videos.

Too bad he died too early due such a sad accident.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
thanks mates.

a huge loss for sure.

I enjoy these words of his, on the one page linked @ top.

“The alien encounter experience seems almost like an outreach program from the cosmos to the consciously impaired.”

What if the alien encounter phenomenon were subtle in the sense that it may manifest in the physical world but derives from a source which by its very nature could not provide the kind of hard evidence that would satisfy skeptics for whom reality is limited to the material? What if we were to acknowledge that the phenomenon is beyond our present framework of knowledge?
Might not such an attitude of humility become, paradoxically, a way to enlarge upon what could then be learned? Is it possible that adopting an open attitude toward the testimony of witnesses could enable us to learn of unseen realities now obscured by our too limited epistemology, allowing us to rediscover the sacred and the divinity in nature and in ourselves?
I think of these experiences as a crossing over between the material world and what in Eastern philosophy is called the subtle realm. Like a reified “mystic's journey,” experiencers describe being brought into another dimension of reality from which a new perspective on life on Earth is possible. Sensitivity to our dysfunctional ecological and social conditions emerges as many come to feel that every living system is connected to what many call “Source,” or “Home.” An awareness of this relationship must be regained, they say, if we are to create a sustainable, peaceful world.
Having listened to the similar testimony of more than 200 experiencers from the West and from indigenous cultures, I have come to feel that the phenomenon is of great importance to our evolution, regardless of its ontological status.

- JOHN E. MACK, M.D.

thanks for the replies.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The film 'Experiencers' is excellent Ahmose, I've watched it a few times.

I agree about John Mack, he looked at this subject thoroughly and did not dismiss it as preposterous just because it doesn't fit into our western world view, or because other 'scientists' think it's not worthy of investigation. In one of his books he makes a good point about how the western world view (which most people hold as infallible) has only been around for a very short time when compared to the older philosophies of prior civillisations. He concluded that something was definitely happening to the 'experiencers' and had a great impact on their lives. He raises good questions about our definition of 'reality' and links abduction experiences to shamanic experiences from other cultures. His books really give a different angle on what abductions might be and I highly recommend them.

There is also a documentary somewhere on ATS where John Mack interviews the class of school children in Zimbabwe South Africa who saw a UFO and it's occupant. I can't seem to find it though...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Hiyah Dr.H,

i had a feeling this thread would get attract some good minds! lol, thanks.

very well said.

Yes, the Ariel School UFO incident~
here is part 1~
www.youtube.com...

thanks for your addition(s).

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I didnt get to finish the last part of this video in the OP until a few minutes ago..
This is honestly one of the best documentaries ever made on this subject!
Really really great, and important for everyone to see I think.

So well done!

and here is a good little vid of him,
making quite a bit of sense , as usual...

and a great article by the man~

Blowing the Western Mind
by John E. Mack, M.D.

We hear the expression “consensus reality” used more and more often to distinguish the conventional Western/Newtonian/Cartesian world view from other possible philosophies or frameworks of thought. The frequent bracketing of these words in writing and conversation implies that there is one accepted version of reality that includes a social agreement about what the mind may or may not legitimately countenance, if its owner wishes to remain within mainstream discourse. Yet there is also a connotation of questioning or doubt in the use of the modifying adjective “consensus,” even a certain defensiveness. It is as if the speaker, who may generally accept the prevailing paradigm, does not completely agree that what we have been acculturated to believe is, in fact, the only reality.

In order to carry forward my argument, I will try to define the dominant Western view of reality in my own words, appreciating that this may be an oversimplification. The two pillars of this world view are materialism and mental dualism. According to the materialistic conviction, all that exists outside ourselves is the physical or “material” world apprehended by our senses. Everything other than this “objective” reality is “subjective,” that is, belongs to the realm of feeling, the psyche, the spirit, or something similar. Mental dualism is the ability of the psyche to experience separateness and difference, beginning with the distinction between the psyche itself and the material world. Dualistic thinking is characterized by the dichotomizing tendencies that we take for granted, such as stereotyping, the pairs of opposite words and phrases like good and evil, or black and white, that fill our language, and the insistence of parents that children learn to distinguish what is “real” from the products of their imaginations. Continued here~>www.passporttothecosmos.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi folks,

thanks for bringing up this topic. Several times I heard about the incident in 1994, when 62 children in a school in Zimbabwe witnessed several strange objects and beings.

Some time after this event, Dr. John E. Mack visited those children and interviewed them about what happened to them.

I never had the chance to watch these interviews.

Until now...

I'm speechless. And truly shocked. Because... when you have any sense of empathy, you'll get what I mean...

www.youtube.com...

Here, we say there are two types of people who tell the truth:

Drunks, and children...

[edit on 9/6/10 by Peloquin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
yeah really.

I find it amazing, that one of the greatest docus. of all time is posted on ATS~
and hardly anyone gives it any attention. lol

People flock to threads full of fake all day,
yet something real, and good gets posted.. and people ignore it.

Im not surprised the skeptics havent jumped in this thread~
(some of them might not be skeptics anymore after seeing this) lol

but the critical thinkers?
are there only 3 or 4? lol

crazy...

All the good stuff gets pushed down and out of the way by pure garbage.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Thank you, Ahmose, for posting this. I wasn't aware of it until now, and isn't that what ATS is all about--exposing members to things they haven't considered before? I haven't yet formed any coherent opinion of my own about alien life or UFOs, but this has certainly given me a lot to think about.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

most welcome , mate.
Indeed, you are right.

I'm glad it's given you something to think about
(as if you didnt have enough to think about already). lol

thanks for checking it out, and for the reply.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does anyone know the details of Dr Mack being run down?...It seems he was on the verge of disclosure?...something doesn't sit right?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
John Mack was one of the few professionals i paid attention to and listened to. He was the real deal. he stood alone outside of mainstream scientists and really made a good case for Abductions. I seen this film not long ago very good film. I do not think these people are crazy. I do not think they are lying either. The Zimbabwe incident is one of my favorite cases. I believe it to have happened no doubt about it. To just shrug you're shoulders and say it is nothing would be silly. One thing is for sure, those kids seen something or someone and no doubt about it. If it was ET , or MILABS or someone playing a prictical joke i do not know. But something happened.

link to john mack institute

RIP

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Yeah definitely.
I agree.
and he took a whole lot of flack for what he did. :/

Here is another good documentary I found: Dr. Mack is in this one also. Touched
www.youtube.com...

thanks for the post.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Im just going to *shamelessly* bump this,
to add something other than death, fear, and doomsday to the list of recent posts.

The majority of energy at ATS lately..
is.... well.....
not the most pleasant. lol
but i still love you.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here is the full video -

I wouls like to do an analysis of the video.

First we have Karin, she is very believable to me. The reason why I am here is because I met and lived with an abductee Kelly who never would tell anyone, she only told her best friend and only told me because I had the dream about the aliens bringing her to me. Karin had psychic experiences after the event, Kelly had dreams of my waking life, proving to me she had psychic abilities. Karin says to be careful what you ask for when inquiring the universe, Kelly said the exact same thing in that creepy voice which rang a bell in my mind.
The next man with his wife does not appear to be lying to me. HIs body langauge is very sound, and his eyes are making the very correct movements to gather he is collect his information from memory and not falsification.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
Hey ATS,

I found this series of videos awhile ago,
and I have never seen them, and can't find them through ATS search,
so I want to share them here,
apologies if theyre already up somewhere.
It is in 5 parts, Ill just link the last 4..

Here are a few links on him, if you like..
en.wikipedia.org...

Heres the first vid, and the links to the rest.

From youtube~Dr. John E. Mack appears only briefly in this film, his death having occurred soon after production began. More substantial are visits to the New England countryside with experiencers, including one couple who videotaped an unidentified flying object hovering above a lake a few hours before they were abducted from their lakeside cottage. Also in this film, is the New York artist and alien encounter investigator Budd Hopkins.

Although this documentary is similar to other documentaries commonly seen on American cable television, it has a more leisurely pace and gives more time for the experiencers to explain themselves than is commonly granted in US productions. One of the best interviews in the program is not with an experiencer at all, but rather with the husband of an experiencer, who matter-of-factly explains how his family has come to terms with his wifes experiences.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

I dont find much on Mack on ATS, has he/his work, been discussed much?

Well, I thought some of you might enjoy it,
hope you do.

Peace, Love, and *friendly*contact. lol

new topics

top topics

join