It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Refuses Oversight Of CIA Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
From my personal blog Fascist Soup:

This is insane.

I think I use that phrase about 10 times a day now when reporting on the criminal behavior of our government.

Instead of providing oversight of our criminal CIA, they arrest the intelligence analysts with the balls to release classified information of the government's crimes.

AP reports:

WASHINGTON – More than a year after the CIA’s inspector general stepped down, frustrated members of Congress are urging the White House to fill the internal watchdog position that was central in uncovering abuses inside the spy agency.

…”I am disturbed that it has not been filled up to this point,” said Fred Hitz, who served as the CIA inspector general for eight years until 1998. “I am wondering what is going on.”…

…Danielle Brian, executive director for the Project on Government Oversight, said the unfilled job is vital because the CIA is so secretive. “There is no question given the lack of transparency at the CIA, this IG is singularly important to have in place,” she said. “This should be a top priority given the history we’ve seen at the CIA.”…

What the article fails to mention is that the Director of the CIA is also the Chairman of the NYSE (appointed by Obama)

He’s a banker.

So, what possible crimes might the CIA be involved in?

Let’s see.

How about protecting, distributing, and laundering all the heroin out of Afghanistan?
www.nytimes.com...

How about giving a billion dollars to the Taliban?
www.infowars.com...

How about paying the Taliban to not attack supply convoys?
www.guardian.co.uk...

How about financial fraud?
www.politico.com...

Remember, the US military basically controls Afghanistan. Nothing gets in or out of that country without them knowing about it. Yet Afghanistan now produces 90% of the world’s heroine. Prior to our involvement, the Taliban had all but eliminated poppy production in that country. The US government is complicit in allowing the heroine trade to continue in that country. US troops are guarding the poppy fields from the Taliban.

While I figured the internal affairs department of the CIA must be completely corrupt to allow all this to go on in broad daylight, I had no idea that there simply was no one in charge of overseeing the CIA’s activities internally.

There is no watchdog.

To say that I am speechless is an understatement.

That's a poppy field he's guarding in the photo:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bf6086f963c.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
In your country CIA is above the government. They are a self serving and occasionally country serving agency. They are NEVER people serving agency. Its a criminal agency trying to block and curb down the advancement and freedom of people. They are not only a threat to US citizens but to the rest of the world. Even if Obama does something , a small thing against them, he will be assassinated. The day CIA stops existing will be the greatest day to humanity. CIA is a government in itself. A fascist government that is.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I totally agree, in that the CIA is the real government.

The organization that we call the government, Obama included answer to the CIA.

Look at he ties of the CIA to Yale University and back to England.

As well as George Bush Senior and Junior heralding from Yale U.

Looking at our last president, whom did his father work for ?
George HW Bush was a former head of the CIA, interesting that his Son became president as a result of a vote count discrepancy in his brother's state of Florida where he was the acting Governor.

Who remained in office and power after the recent Bush administration ?

None other than Robert Gates, former head of the CIA and the first secretary of defense, to bridge 2 administrations.

This is where I am absolutely certain that Obama is commensurate with the entire CIA hierarchy of which the Bush family are highly involved.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

Yeah, Obama is still using Bush's Secretary of Defense

WTF is up with that?

Gates is still the Sec Def?

The libs should be screaming bloody murder over that alone.

Not to mention Obama's expansion of the wars.

new topics

top topics

join