It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning Kills Woman Before Proposal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Lightning Kills Woman Before Proposal

news.ninemsn.com.au

Thirty-year-old Richard Butler of Knoxville, Tennessee, said he took Bethany Lott to Max Patch Bald in North Carolina on Friday, the Asheville Citizen Times reports.

He says he wanted his 25-year-old girlfriend to think the two were on a hike but that he had a ring in his pocket and was planning to ask her to marry him.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
How terrible.

What was supposed to be one of the happiest days of their lives, ended tragically.

I guess thats why they say, "Don't take life for granted"

All I can say is just to remember to always care and love the ones dearest to you. You never know when its time for them to go.

news.ninemsn.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
How tragic.

It reminds me of the news from a few years ago where the couple was having a beach wedding. The couple were having their photos taken on the shore when a large wave hit, swept the bride out to sea, and she drowned due to the weight of the gown.

I would be beside myself with grief. It's true though, don't take anything for granted.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Talk about unlucky.

Not much else to say about this...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Hi Ozzii

I guess it was never meant to be given the chances of being hit by lightning and the number of people that are hit who do survive....

Very sad story though.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It is sad and terrible, but it reminds me of a Sam Kinnison stand-up act

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Man that sucks. I feel bad for the fellow. I have always wanted to know what it'd be like to be real close to a lightning strike. Next time I have that thought I am going to add 'with no one I love too near'.

Temp's veiw of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

Much like the song, this isn't ironic at all. Just a huge downer...On behalf of Canadians everywhere, I'd like to apologize for Alanis Morissette.

You can never tell when the angry hand of God will smite you for no good reason. Makes you want to run out and do all the things you've been putting off.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
That lucky bastard!

God intervened this day and saved this man from a lifetime of hell and torment!

top topics

join