It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean border guard 'shoots three Chinese dead'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

North Korean border guard 'shoots three Chinese dead'

news.bbc.co.uk

China says a North Korean border guard shot and killed three people near the countries' border last week.

A fourth person was reportedly injured in the incident near the north-eastern border town of Dandong.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
What is North Korea playing at???

China is NK's only ally so this, in my mind, only helps to show the North insanity with regards to diplomacy and world relations.

China has made a formal complaint to the NK's regarding this...

Crazy ?!?!

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Muckster]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Wonder if they'll apologise for these deaths or deny it like the ship they sunk.....

OR

Maybe China set them up and N.Korea are verwy verwy ANGRY!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

It's not like Kim was standing next to the guard and gave them the order. Believe it or not but not all actions committed by the lowest level of soldiers can be tied to a countries leadership. Sure, they are ultimately going to take the blame but we can't assume that this is Kim's fault.

We have to find out why the North Korean guard shot the Chinese people before we can string anything together.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

I agree that It is not Kims fault directly... However, i will be as bold as to say that “maybe” if Kim hadn’t encouraged his nations military down the path of paranoid xenophobes... this might not have happened.

Admittedly it’s a big maybe, but one i feel is worth considering.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I hope this doesn't become a 'shots heard 'round the world' revisited scenario.

CALM people, stay calm...

peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes this sort of thing probably happens every week, with the black market trade types and anyone operating in that area it would go unheard of most of the time I would think.

Maybe it's an issue because of the power reshuffle in NK and China is asserting it's self.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
China doesn't care enough about it's citizens to bother with this.. there's plenty more where those 3 came from.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
The border between China and North Korea is still guarded by North Korean troops. So if any North Koreans defect over the boarder. Usually they'll arrest trespassers.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This just doesn't mesh with me.

United States / South Korea / et al decide North Korea sank the naval vessel...

North Korea denies this....

The United States / SK are seeking a formal UN Security Council investigation complete with "punishment" for the North....

China sides with North Korea and claims that NK did not sink the ship....

China then says it will not support any punishment and/or additional sanctions on NK in retaliation for the ship's sinking....

North Korea, with a hero's welcome, goes to China last week for meetings....

North Korea announces the changing of leadership thought to signify the future succession of power once Kim retires....

....then North Korea kills three Chinese?
Something does not sound right to me.

Perhaps this is something that merely happens all the time, and the MSM sites are picking it up since North Korea is a pretty hot topic right now, but I don't know. Like I said, it doesn't make sense -- although North Korea usually doesn't. I guess it's possible there's nothing to this..... but why kill citizens of your only ally?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Wow
Interesting
I wonder it this will be swept under the rug...at first glance, and first search, it appears TPTB/MSM are wanting the public to know...
Searching the headline title "North Korean border guard shoots three chinese"....gets many MSM news links...like these

www.foxnews.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.reuters.com...

news.yahoo.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

uk.reuters.com...

www.businessweek.com...

Will it be ignored?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
The border between China and North Korea is still guarded by North Korean troops. So if any North Koreans defect over the boarder. Usually they'll arrest trespassers.

Excuse my ignorance but the border of North Korea (apart from the bit with South Korea), does it have great big high fences, some kind of protection or other deterrants?

Surely you can't simply walk over a line in the ground to China, are there guard towers / posts every half a mile to spot people trying to escape the madness?

I would love to go and take a look myself but it's just too far away and maybe risky at the moment, you never know, I might come back glowing in the dark from some stray Nukes lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

I've seen some footage of people crossing the border between China and NK - you can easily find some on the internet with a quick search.

Yes there are fences and barbed wire etc, but the border is vast and the terrain is very rough, in places there are extended 'dead mans' areas with barbed wire, some of it electrified, there are guards and the bit I saw had a very nasty looking river which half the time is frozen.

Actually it would be easier to cross when it's frozen, other times it's wide marsh land either side are death traps, the weather is harsh and sharp shooters could easily pick you off... And if your escaping from NK into China don't exactly hope to be welcomed with open arms!

It's a very depressing part of the world that's for sure... A million miles away from the lives people live in South Korea.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is like an overview vid on the same subject:

Smuggling copper, who knew...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Little Kimmy needs attention, and certainly doesn't want his citizens to leave. Who would keep him company?

new topics

top topics

join