It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am new can't post in other forum. BREAKING- crops damage possibly from dispersants and oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
www.wreg.com...

We're sorry, but new members with less than 20 posts are not allowed to create new threads outsite our Introductions Forum. Please spend a little more time with our existing threads to become acquainted with AboveTopSecret.com and our rather unique expectations of civility and decorum.

???????????????????

just trying to help

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
read comments on the story....nearby chemical plant had an unscheduled

sulfur trioxide leak

killing crops

not from oil spill

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I am not sure where those comments are but I live in memphis which is inside shelby county. I have not heard of a leak from the only chemical company around here that produces sulfur trioxide, Vesicol, and anyways if there was Vesicol is more than 20 miles away from those areas. We have had oil warnings for 2 weeks now, the air stream comes right up here and we always get nasty weather effects from the gulf. Since the oil spill we have had 3 very bad storms hit memphis and the last one left a thin oily film over most everything.

It is expected that in august when the big hurricanes start to hit that memphis is going to have driving problems due to oil residue, air problems due to the ionized oil, and fire warnings due to dried up oil tar...

If this is in memphis what do you think is happening everywhere else?

PS. if you want me to repost this in a realm forum let me know, I might have more insight into it being that I am from the area

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Aziroth]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hunab Ku

Hi Hunab - Just incase you cannot find the link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Get posting

Welcome to ATS

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aziroth

on that thread ^^^^^ -

Here's the kicker below. On May 25th, the Lucite facility next to Dupont on Hwy 51 and Fite Road in Millington had a chemical leak of sulfur trioxide. The chemical could easily have evaporated in our local atmosphere then recondensed as acid rain on nearby plants. Chemical burns can cause that kind of spotty damage. Sulfur trioxide combined with H2O results in sulfuric acid (SO3 + H2O = H2SO4) Wikipedia defines Acid Rain as ... "caused by emissions of compounds of ammonium, carbon, nitrogen, and sulfur which react with the water molecules in the atmosphere to produce acids..." WREG carried that story but I'd like to see the two stories linked.(www.wreg.com... )

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
OK that would make sense. I have heard reports of yellow water in TX.

curezone.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

They do not use Sulfur Trioxide at that Lucite plant on fite road, it is an acrylic plant only no use for SO3 which has its main use to trap ash in a flue. The only company in the memphis area that produces or maintains substantial SO3 is Vesicol, Vesicol is the devil but they have had no leaks lately, I would say that a bacteria would be much more plausible.

Also on ^^^^ that thread, that plant cant have sulfur trioxide.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
well, whichever side you believe God help us....

because the rains from tainted gulf water would rain down pretty much everywhere.

and lots of plants & trees would die.

EDIT to add: and of course, people.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Signals]

new topics

top topics

join