It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Natural gas facility explodes in Johnson County [Texas]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From some one who has worked in the gas and oil patch .

This looks like a construction crew hit the pipe during construction . The rules are line spot when ever digging . Period no questions line spot . Some require hand digging with in 3 feet of the line .

As for no shut off . There is if its a feeder line . at each individual well head or area collector .

>>= piping

Well head >>valves >> several well heads >>>> collector lines >> area valves >>> other collector lines >> major pipe lines >> valves >>> gas processing plant >> valves>> pipe lines to distributors >> valves >> service at homes .

Depending on the wells out put a 36" pipe line could be 10 or 200 + wells

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
fire is now out according to the news.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Someone said there is a nuclear facility about a mile away from this.
2nd line

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
possible false flags on our oil infrustructure to nail cap and trade to our heads. or total coincedence. there was a oil leak in alaska shortly after the deep horizon went down.,

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

so, it's hard to say what was there before or after the explosion but it's obvious that at least there was what looks like drill rigging, a burning bull-dozer, at least two burned out vehicles and possible two 'boom' trucks. There also appears to be a very large, formidale fence with tall cable wiring.

From this, I would gather there was an active drill site there that was cordoned off...so perhaps it is the well-head itself? (the open line shown on the video would be leading away from the well)

I mean, in my limited knowledge, I would think that if a well head malfunctioned it might not just blow 'up' but also 'out' until there was a rupture where the pressure could escape? I dunno. It's obvious that there was a group of vehicles and either a work crew, or perhaps a regular crew that went around to check on the well heads?

I would say that we will eventually find out, but anymore, I just don't believe we often get the complete story from the media. For me, seeing is believing!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Lets not forget the Buncefield Storage explosion a few years ago in the UK. Aswell as the huge Toulouse explosion at a Fertiliser/Rocket Propellant plant.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Battleworthy
possible false flags on our oil infrustructure to nail cap and trade to our heads. or total coincedence. there was a oil leak in alaska shortly after the deep horizon went down.,

Lol... Always those that scream 'false flag' at every news item.. lol
So blind to whats going on.. in REALITY that is.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Pharyax]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
It seems straightforward... electrical crews drilling (presumably to install underground lines) hit a main gas line and it blew. There are some strange things happening though...
  • Any drilling is supposed to be cleared through utility companies whenever there is any possibility of there being underground lines. Surely an electrical company is aware of this? And surely someone realized that hitting a natural gas feeder line would be a bad thing?

• Rupturing the gas line creates a leak, not a fireball. Sure, it could be ignited by any spark, but most digging equipment is diesel and doesn't use electrical firing. What was the spark that set it off? Perhaps a spark on the metal (assumed metal anyway) pipeline? I would think that the concentration of natural gas that close would be too high to ignite (insufficient oxygen), but I suppose it is possible...

• The timing bothers me. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but this is strangely timed with the Gulf oil spill, which also resulted form an explosion...

For now I will assume it is just what it is: a catastrophic mistake that just happened to be timed strangely. But I would not be surprised if there were more to it.

For those who believe fossil fuels are outdated, please do something about it: stop using electricity you have not verified as being form wind or hydro plants, stop using any form of transportation except electrical cars, and please do not heat your house with gas, oil, or electricity.

A thing is not outdated until it is replaced.... there is no replacement for fossil fuels at the present time.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I agree with you completely. It is so straight forward that it just doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

I was about to start a thread on this coz although its not major news, i had some funny feeling this morning around 2 hours ago that something involving a gas explosion was going to happen somewhere as i woke to the smell of gas (even though there was no gas leak in my place)... for those that have read some posts of mine you'll know that i get pre-cog and have clairvoyic experiences... it's a shame i don't have the proof but had i woke next to someone this morning, i would have told her...

It has to be said that i was just waking which means i was stilll in some dreamstate.... and that i also had visions of the ground shaking and buildings collapsing....

GET READY FOR SOMETHING BIG.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
What's the problem?

Burns cleaner than oil.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Seems to me , that american infrastructure is in a pathetic state of decay

USA =failed state

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I live about 65 miles east of that explosion, and about an hour after it happened, it started raining in my town.

Is the heat from the fire in Cleburne related to the picnic-ruining weather at my house? Honest question, since we had no clouds or thunder or anything to give warning, just all of a sudden, RAIN.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xmaddness

I am convinced that there is something going on here, and that the US is currently under a covert ops attack against our fuel and oil supply. The staggering amount of oil and gas related explosions, accidents, and other such events are just happening to close in proximity to be passed off as coincidental.

I have the same suspicions.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

So... you dont think it could be sabotage? By Activists or Extremist groups?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Another gas pipeline exploded in Lipscomb Co., TX just a bit ago. Reports say 3 injured.

More here: www.cnn.com...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
like I said in another thread...found another one...

A well containment team from Texas is at the site.

MOUNDSVILLE -- State Route 250 was closed for 13 hours Monday following a gas well explosion in Marshall County.
source

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join