It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Tsunami if Gulf collapses into self??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Link

I have no idea how credible this source is, but according to
Dr. James P. Wickstrom, D. Litt., a super high pressure release of oil from under the earth's crust is between 80,000 to 100,000 barrels per day. The flow of oil and toxic gases is bringing up with it... rocks and sand which causes the flow to create a sandblasting effect on the remaining well head device currently somewhat restricting the flow, as well as the drilled hole itself.

As the well head becomes worn it enlarges the passageway allowing an ever-increasing flow. Even if some device could be placed onto the existing wellhead, it would not be able to shut off the flow, because what remains of the existing wellhead would not be able to contain the pressure.

At some point the drilled hole in the earth will enlarge itself beneath the wellhead to weaken the area the wellhead rests upon. The intense pressure will then push the wellhead off the hole allowing a direct unrestricted flow of oil, etc.. The hole will continue to increase in size allowing more and more oil to rise into the Gulf. After several billion barrels of oil have been released, the pressure within the massive cavity five miles beneath the ocean floor will begin to normalize.

This will allow the water, under the intense pressure at 1 mile deep, to be forced into the hole and the cavity where the oil was. The temperature at that depth is near 400 degrees, possibly more. The water will be vaporized and turned into steam, creating an enormous amount of force, lifting the Gulf floor. It is difficult to know how much water will go down to the core and therefore, its not possible to fully calculate the rise of the floor.

The tsunami wave this will create will be anywhere from 20 to 80 feet high, possibly more. Then the floor will fall into the now vacant chamber. This is how nature will seal the hole. Depending on the height of the tsunami, the ocean debris, oil, and existing structures that will be washed away on shore and inland, will leave the area from 50 to 200 miles inland devoid of life. Even if the debris is cleaned up, the contaminants that will be in the ground and water supply will prohibit re-population of these areas for an unknown number of years. [End of scientists information release.

This appears to be a worst case prediction, but does appear to make sense. What do other well-informed ATS readers think? Don't shoot the messenger.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
We have max 30,000bpd so NO

and the reason we know this is because of comparative wells in area so averaging. Plus this was only exploration well so smaller diameter circumference even though a runaway it will never release that much. Well it could if casing dissolves. From what I am told first RW1 intersect could be late JULY. PRAY the man/woman is using the force because BP has calculated at least 3 misses for August calculation.

Be careful of doom n gloom

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Some people say this is flawed because there is only 50 million barrels of oil in the well.

I do not know how these people can be so certain about that number.

Still, this well/cavity/hole in the Earth is a mile down and between 13 and 30 thousand feet deep depending on who you listen to.. that we know of..

Nothing is certain in my opinion.. technology can only do so much..it could be much deeper than we know.

At any rate, I would say IF the shelf does collapse into a hole 30 thousand feel deep, it would be enough to displace a lot of water and cause some type of wave activity.

And yes, even a small one would be very bad for Louisiana. The state sits in a bowl 18 feet below sea level. All you have to do is flood it enough to connect the Gulf with Lake Pontchartrain and you have potential for major over land disaster.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen
There's some conflict regarding the information about the oil spill. It's either 30 000 bpd or much more.

link

There's a lot of misinformation out there, and it likely is so to prevent a mass panic... or paranoia

[edit on 7-6-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I have a really bad feeling that we have not even begun to see the worst yet.
Ive said before on numerous threads regarding the oil spill that something much bigger may happen. (only my opinion)
The oil that has leaked will be replaced by sea water? The sea water has a different density than the oil?
Well, if thats correct then isnt it possible that eventually the whole area could collapse into the sea? Even more worrying is the other wells that are in the area, Think of it like this, Perforating paper.......makes it easier to tear, right?
Then add weight to the surface(crust) either by land or sea weight= disaster.
Theres also other factors that could add stress, earthquakes or changes in gravity.

Ive been saying this all along but no one listens

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=jazz10

[edit on 7-6-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Perhaps BP chose not to collapse the well with Thermite or a small nuclearu device because they were afraid of any displacement causing a potential Tsunami.? From what I have read, it appears that collapsing the well in upon itself would be the fastest and surest way to end the spill.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I believe the well is a little over 24,000bpd OK

Huge gas mixture++benzene turning it red also gas so my calculation is about correct. Could i be wrong??? YES OBVIOUSLY? what i want you to do americans is call politicians and start your own deep water drilling company THIS MUST HAPPEN UNTIL your country can enable green tech...as always Kuwait will stand beside you! We have increased our supply and held in reserve for you because we never forget our friends so oil will stay under 3.15USDbpd this is fact for summer.

I hate doom n gloomrs

this well will be stopped one way or other!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Id like to present some oil to and ant colony or bee hive to see how they handle the situation, maybe nature can have an answer is all im pondering here, because its obvious that our leaders are struggling.

new topics

top topics

join