It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Are They Thinking?!?!!??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I don't understand what the heck these politicians from Obama to the Local Congressman what the Sam hell are they thinking?????For the past 49 days if we have not learned anything i think we can safely say that where ever there are tar-balls that usually some level of dispersants are near by.

I want to be corrected if I'm wrong about this.but to my understandings the Corexit is toxic am i right??? Then why am i watching the news and this hand job congressman is still telling folks to come on down and enjoy the beach.C'mon if tar-balls are washing up ranging in sizes is not the right thing to do is close the beaches?

Instead of saying"well its offshore and we will just clean up the tar-balls and you can still swim and fish"this is insane seems there is no concern for life only soon to be worthless paper money.It really ticks me off that there has been a forecast to let you know the spill is headed your way,but you still want to lie to save tourist dollars

Shame on those who are behind this.not only are you putting those tourist in a health hazard but they are also still selling seafood from the gulf thats just awful.I think if Obama or the current admin.really cared about the american citizens they would man up and tell the truth

That truth is that this oil spill is more serious than we estimated and we need to relocate the people of the gulf coast until a time when the area is better suited to live in.instead of leaving us here to die a slow death in toxic goo and contaminated rains and god knows what else they are hiding from the american people.

And please dont come here telling me its not that bad with your fancy charts.I LIVE HERE I SMELL IT I SEE THE DEAD ANIMALS AND WORKERS GETTING SICK.so actually it is that bad but not the end of the world

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I just returned from the beach 2 weeks ago. Our family vacations there every year and im sad to say that it might be over. Its a very sad time we are living in right now. The marine life is suffering, the people are suffering, and soon the local economy will be obliterated.

Boycott BP

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thank you for the post - I totally agree! Dispersants are in the water and on the tar whether they see them or not. Has the water on the Florida coast even been tested? I lived in Key West for 10 years and loved it there, some of the best years of my life. I planned on returning but now I won't. There is a health hazard just picking up a tar ball, a child could do that and then put their fingers in their mouth. When people start getting sick are they going to wonder why? $$$$ that's all they think about. As for the tourism there are a lot of beautiful places to visit more inland in each state.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Corexit is being used to stop oil landfall and hopefully allow microbes the ability to break down the oil. This is why you have these huge plumes. Oil is being eaten away like crazy in them. You would never want to dive into a plume with only a wetsuit because it would eat you just like a piranha fish.

The danger is hurricanes shift tides and always Loop current!

I'm afraid BP f*ked America so you people should seize BP and create your own company with BP's equipment. Only way BP will ever pay fairly for this disaster imho.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Almost seems like this will be prime for the Elite-opportunists to hike up petrol-prices, shut down fishing and enforce martial law in the Gulf states.

Just when you think not much more can go wrong here in the USSA.......! Pfffffft.
Hold on tight.....we're heading for a very rough ride! This ain't nothin'.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Moment
Almost seems like this will be prime for the Elite-opportunists to hike up petrol-prices, shut down fishing and enforce martial law in the Gulf states.

Just when you think not much more can go wrong here in the USSA.......! Pfffffft.
Hold on tight.....we're heading for a very rough ride! This ain't nothin'.

Relax my friend

We never forget what America did for us in Kuwait destroying Saddam, this guy almost destroyed Kuwait. He had troops raping women even some men NO LIE and they kidnap family members over into Iraq never to be seen again.

I talked with my brother who is oil engineer and also sales and Kuwait has secretly increase oil production by first 20% now close into 40 we also have built secret reserve stations cavensthat main wells pump directly into. So please relax Kuwait will help in America's need as you help us. Without you we would have been nothing.

Do not believe? Hillary Clinton will be visiting ME for talks soon within two weeks from what i hear, also Saudi princes are increasing pro. rates although not sure how unless they have wells we have no idea about.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I am having a hard time believing how they are handling the fishing restrictions. One day we hear 34% of the Gulf is off limits to fishing, the next day 31%. That is insane! Everything is all moving around with the currents, how can the whole thing not be shut down?

What if some fish are living through the dispersants, and have ingested some, and then they swim into an area where "you are allowed to still fish"? How sick is the person going to get when they eat that fish? How many people will know that they have eaten dispersant?

editing spelling again

[edit on 7-6-2010 by snowspirit]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Answers are only a Google away.

About Corexit

COREXIT 9500, the only dispersant Nalco is manufacturing to help break up the oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico, is a simple blend of six well-established, safe ingredients that biodegrade, do not bioaccumulate and are commonly found in popular household products, the company said today. The COREXIT products do not contain carcinogens or reproductive toxins. All the ingredients have been extensively studied for many years and have been determined safe and effective by the EPA.

Composition
• Examples of everyday products with specific ingredients in common with COREXIT 9500 include:
• One ingredient is used as a wetting agent in dry gelatin, beverage mixtures, and fruit juice drinks.
• A second ingredient is used in a brand-name dry skin cream and also in a body shampoo.
• A third ingredient is found in a popular brand of baby bath liquid.
• A fourth ingredient is found extensively in cosmetics and is also used as a surface-active agent and emulsifier for agents used in food contact.
• A fifth ingredient is used by a major supplier of brand name household cleaning products for “soap scum” removal.
• A sixth ingredient is used in hand creams and lotions, odorless paints and stain blockers.

Nalco only makes money if its products work and are safe. If they don't, they are out of business. The myths about Corexit are for political propaganda reasons.

Yesterday the Governor of Mississippi was begging the media to stop with the exaggerations and hype. The nonsense we read here and see on TV is doing as much harm as the oil is. That States beaches have been open and safe this whole time, but the tourists are staying away because of the misinformation.

He also explained about the tiny tar balls that are being found. They are always present there from the natural seeps. There are more now but no reason to close the beaches. He said they had seen only two small oil slicks which were cleaned up before they hit shore. That does not mean more oil won't wash up though, but destroying all of their tourist season due to misinformation is just plain wrong in my mind.

As to BP they are most certainly liable but its just plain stupid to imply they would allow this to happen on purpose. No company risks billions in damages to save a few thousand on a bit of equipment. Odds are very high this was human error by an employee who was the real cause of all of this. But, like I said, still BP's liability. We saw this with the Exxon Valdez. Exxon did nothing wrong as it was caused by a drunk employee. However they were still liable.

As to Obama. His presence is stupid to me. Only companies like BP can be of any help. The military does no have any oilfield engineers or experts. His only role is to make sure BP takes care of their liabilities in a timely manner and continues to take all actions to stop the leak. I can't stand Obama personally but I'm not a Partisan nut, so I don't assign any blame to him. There are government employees, regulators who may have some blame.

The world is not going to end. The leak will be eventually stopped and the cleanup could take some time. In the end though, this was an accident. You ever fell down and hurt yourself? You did not do it on purpose as it would make no sense to do so. BP doing this on purpose would make no sense either.

The next bit of nonsense I do blame Obama for is the moratorium on drilling. It only applies to the US and other countries will continue to drill at will in the Gulf. The rigs working for us will be moved to other parts of the world and it may be many years before they return. Obama's order destroyed 20,000 high paying jobs and will destroy another 30,000 shortly. Another huge blow to the people of the Gulf.

As I recall there have been about 3,500 wells drilled in the deep waters of the Gulf and this is the first accident. That does not make it any less bad, but it shows clearly this is not the norm. Clearly some employee(s) of BP messed up or an inspector in the manufacturing of the equipment messed up. How do we eliminate human error? We simply don't.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Interesting. I met a man from Kuwait who was now teaching in the US. He told me he was roughly the equivalent of a Mayor of a City when Sadam's Son's showed up. They slaughtered his family, including his children. Evil bunch.

I spent an evening with him at his home. He was a great person to talk to. Very sad about his family though. I mentioned I'd like to see more of the world and he looked at me and said "The whole world is here in the United States. There is nothing you can see elsewhere you can not see here." He told me how horrible it was in the Middle East and that he would never go back.

He was very grateful for the US saving his country and what was left of his family and village. He was very genuine about that.

How soon we forget that Sadam was on his way to invade the Saudi's. The Saudi's however seem to be a two faced bunch.

Sorry for going off topic.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Looking at the MSDS, there are petroleum distillates and propylene glycol with warnings regarding eye contact, skin contact, ingestion and inhalation. Further, "no toxicity studies have been conducted on this product."

Worries me a little for the marine life that is now having eye contact, skin contact, inhaling and ingesting this stuff 24/7.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Scalded Frog]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by alchemist2012

Answers are only a Google away.

About Corexit

COREXIT 9500, the only dispersant Nalco is manufacturing to help break up the oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico, is a simple blend of six well-established, safe ingredients that biodegrade, do not bioaccumulate and are commonly found in popular household products, the company said today. The COREXIT products do not contain carcinogens or reproductive toxins. All the ingredients have been extensively studied for many years and have been determined safe and effective by the EPA.

Composition
• Examples of everyday products with specific ingredients in common with COREXIT 9500 include:
• One ingredient is used as a wetting agent in dry gelatin, beverage mixtures, and fruit juice drinks.
• A second ingredient is used in a brand-name dry skin cream and also in a body shampoo.
• A third ingredient is found in a popular brand of baby bath liquid.
• A fourth ingredient is found extensively in cosmetics and is also used as a surface-active agent and emulsifier for agents used in food contact.
• A fifth ingredient is used by a major supplier of brand name household cleaning products for “soap scum” removal.
• A sixth ingredient is used in hand creams and lotions, odorless paints and stain blockers.

Nalco only makes money if its products work and are safe. If they don't, they are out of business. The myths about Corexit are for political propaganda reasons.

You are far too trusting. The fish are ingesting this stuff. 4 of the above ingredients, at the very least, are not edible. Or safe to breathe. And the last place I would look at for a product safety evaluation is to the company that produces it. Companies make stuff everyday that isn't safe for us, and we buy into it, because we usually don't know any better until it is too late.

top topics

join