It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“All I saw in Israel was cowards with guns”

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
How about the Palestinians stop shooting rockets into Israel? Then there wouldn't need to be a blockade in the first place. Unfortunately, I realize that's never going to happen.

Actually the blockade had nothing to do with stopping rockets. It was put up because the Israelis were upset that the Palestinians voted Hamas into power. The rockets began after the blockade and Hamas actually ordered the militants to stop, but they would not because they were enraged by the blockade. It sounds like you've been getting your information from Israeli government press releases.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatwoods

Where to begin on this one?.. Not all Palestinians are insane terrorists firing rockets into Israel. In fact I check Debka news and Jerusalem Post daily and attacks are less than few and far between, and if they were to be reported by anyone they would be from Israel's favourite troubadours.
Also when these attacks occur projectiles often land in unused ground not hurting anyone. They shouldn't have been fired in the first place obviously, but there are psychopaths from all walks of life who will hide behind various flags and causes in the name of murder, Israelis included. So please do not tar all Palestinians with the same brush. Whether Israel should exist or not is an irrelevant question the state has been established and it isn't going anywhere. The goal now should be for the Israeli people to push there government for a more sustainable solution to this complex problem, and as we have seen from protests this past week, we have more hope of this than ever before.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
Give me a freakin Break, If I ever ran into this former marine, I would call him a big fat lying pussy to his face.

Jaden

Would you be willing to take a beating like that for your convictions? I believe he was willing to die to follow his and bring aid to the people of Gaza.
Since Ken O'keefe is obviously a peaceful person and would not stoop to physical violence over an insult why don't you find another Marine to say that to?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Somehow it does not seem fair to moan about Palestinian rockets,when one has viewed comparison of Israeli/Palestinian deaths over the last few years.

Those in Gaza should not fire rockets.That is true.But look at the figures,and the weaponry on both sides.

Who is attacking who exactally?

Then ask yourself,what if the boot was on the other foot-If a small country like say Israel,got sytematically starved,blockaded,and bombed,basically turned into a giant prison camp,with land being stolen bit by bit,by a mega powerful neighbor for decades-how would you respond?

Would you sit back and say"thats fine."

Or would YOU stand up and attempt to protect your family and friends,and your peoples land?

And people call the Palestinians "terrorists."

Most people would behave in the same fashion IMO.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Bingo.

(Insert Second line here)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I can only speculate what really happened onboard that ship.
That being said I think both sides made mistakes:

1. Israel for deciding to board a ship in international waters, commando-style operation. What were they thinking when they decided to invade the ship filled with so many people, with commandos?

2.Folks with clubs hitting the israeli soldiers. Unless this was a reaction AFTER the soldiers started shooting (and killing civilians), it was a reckless move and was just asking for trouble.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This reads like a playground fight between 2 third graders.

All this whining and crying only results in more whining and crying.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I can not believe the level of ignorance from some contributors ....

" they should stop strapping bombs to themselves, and stop sending over missiles"

You do understand they are not allowed to have a structured Armed Force like other countries or people. So they can not go to war to fight for their freedom in normal military fashion, their ONLY option is terrorism.

Just like U.S. citizens did against the British for years. Just like the IRA. Just like the resistance in WW2 etc....

The founding Zionist made it perfectly clear their intention was to displace and kill Arabs to gain Israel. They were not shy about it. I would love to know what you guys would do in that situation, just roll over and take it like the French did in WW2 ?

" Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees "

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would only like to add to this thread that we often hear the term "terrorist" (or should that be "Terrorist"?) thrown around without regard for what it truly describes. A terrorist, short of random acts, is a solder for the side with nothing left to lose. The weapons they use are not so much chosen as they are what is available to them, often only after being disarmed of conventional weapons. Let me declare right now that I DO NOT nor will I ever condone the killing or harm of those whom are innocent. But desperation is the mother of resistance as well as innovation. The "terrorists" are fighters without an army, without uniform and without voice.
STH

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
what a steaming pile of crap this thread is.
second line.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
O coarse they lied. As Yahweh said:"They are of their fathers, the devil" They are snakes, brood vipers, slithering around seeing whom they can destroy. They are khazars jews and don't even belong in Israel. Anyone with a little time can trace them back to where they came from. They can curl their hair and shake their heads back and forth all they want to but they will never be TRUE hebrews.....They have just about broken America, them and their kind. We need to use our fake money here for our people and not send it to every body else as long as we have homeless and starving people here in the U.S. Now would anyone like to try and jew me down for that? Now thats the khazars jew not the true hebrew.....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To be honest, It does not sound like a US Marine wrote that. So I am raising the flag on this article. The technicalities of what he described "Lead Bullets" does not sound right either, for they would be copper jacketed bullets, nut pure lead, for multiple reasons the "Lead Bullets" comment just doesn't work right. If this guy is claiming to be an EX Marine, then he was probably thrown out of the Marines. Most Marines who get out, who have any ounce of Integrity, refer to themselves as Former Marines.

The rest of the article sounds like a bad Romance Novel. "I swept the cold steel weapon from the brawny commando's powerful luscious fingers and ejected it's Lead Bullets from its long hard magazine. I quivered in delight as I saw the look in the brawny commando's eyes, that told me that he knew he had just been dominated. He took a deep swooning breath as I flexed my power at him."

Give me a break.

edited for content.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by arcnaver]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

These are cowards, not people of conviction. They're dream is to eradicate the jews, (kind of like the nazi's, without the snazzy uniforms and booze) then get around to us. If they had the courage of their convictions, they would just say so, after all, it's in their "holy" book. As for the willing to die bit. If they are, it's because they think they'll get 72 virgins in the afterlife. Have they noticed that, given all that have "martyred themselves, the math doesn't quite work out. Is it just me, or are these people notorious liars. I think the marines need to step up the screening process. I'd prefer no more of my tax dollars go to someone who sympathizes with or is a terrorist

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by super genius

I thought it was going ok. For a while. People are of course entitled to their opinion, but it just turns in to the regular bish-bosh regardless of facts.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Allow me to explain my viewpoint more fully. It's really quite simple.

In all my years of watching news, history, and international events, I have never, ever seen more of a situation where the proverbial "ball" is in one court. The Palestinians have everything to gain by ditching Hamas, shutting down the rocket attacks, and dropping the whole "death to Israel" attitude. Everything.

Again, I must repeat. Israel left Gaza. They left. Why? They didn't have to do that. They could have occupied it with settlements until the end of time. Israel would've been willing to provide aid, for crying out loud, if the Palestinians were interested in building schools and hospitals and things like that.

The Palestinians, all of them, are responsible for this situation. They elected Hamas, who's stated goal is the destruction of Israel.

This is in their charter.

So there it is. Further more, this condition is only complicated by the misguided and, in my opinion, insane efforts of so called "humanitarian" groups who are clearly aiding efforts to kill Israelis. In doing so, they are siding most of the Arab world who's primary goal is to kill jews. It doesn't matter which Palestinian is a militant or not. Providing aid only prolongs the war.

Oh, I'm sure the left-wing "humanitarians" like this moron ex-marine on the ship feel very self-rightious in trying to break the blockade. I'm sure he feels he's solidly on the side of tolerance and multi-culturalism. Guess what? I've got a news flash for everyone. Those tolerance, multi-culturalism, and ethnic understanding are Western concepts. They do not exist in Palestine. They do not exist in the Middle East. In the Middle East, they stone women to death for flirting with a man. In the Middle East, they turn abandoned Israeli mosques into latrines. In the Middle East, they board buses full of Israeli schoolchildren and detonate their suicide vests, sending nails and screws and bb's into the brains and skulls and stomachs of the children. This is what the Palestinians do. In the Middle East, they murder infidels.

Anyone who sides with them is, by definition, supporting murder.

Why do I hold this opinion? Because my country was attacked by the very same Muslims who want to destroy Israel. Three thousand of my fellow citizens burned to death because of this stupid fight in the middle east. I hate this conflict, and I want it to end. I welcome the Israelis to come to my country and start a new life if they want to. If not, I fully support their efforts to win this war, destroy Hamas, and secure their borders.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
[edit on 7-6-2010 by monkeykillingmonkey]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank God for people like Ken O'Keefe , or we would all be speaking German or Japanese.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here is O'Keefe interviewed on al-Jazeera...

On a purely personal irrelevant level, I don't like his delivery, he is kinda hysterical in tone, in this piece...if he was a relative I would never want to speak to him, kinda thing...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Most people would behave in the same fashion IMO.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Silcone Synapse]

Really? Would you fire a rocket at a housing development, not caring who got hit? Would you do that? Only if your goal was to kill the people that lived there.

Would you go into a cafe with a vest loaded with explosive and kill college students, like Hamas does? Would you board a bus full of schoolchildren and blow them up to, like the Al-Aqsa Maryrs brigade did? And if you did do that, how do you think the people on the other side would respond? Do you think they would just shrug their shoulders and say "that's alright, I understand."? I would think they would drop an atomic bomb on you if you did that. And they'd be justified.

A blockade is the mildest goddamn response I can imagine.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join