It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Navy Fires at Palestinian Divers Off Gaza, 5 Killed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Israeli Navy Fires at Palestinian Divers Off Gaza, 5 Killed

www.foxnews.com

The Israeli Navy said Monday its commandos killed five militants dressed in diving gear off the coast of Gaza -- while Palestinian medics claimed the dead were fishermen.

The five -- believed to be all men -- were spotted on a boat heading north towards Israel, from the Nuseirath refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip, an IDF spokesperson told The Jerusalem Post.

a success for the Navy's elite commando unit, Shayetet 13, and prevented a rare attempt at a seaborne attack on Israel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Wow, it's all happening at the moment over there in the Middle East. to be honest I don't know what to believe anymore.

Palestinian Commando Divers launching an attack from sea?

Think i'm just going to take every middle east news story with a pinch of salt from now on and just sit back and see what happens.

There seems to be a huge war going on at the moment, and it's through the Media, not on the battlefield.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Personally, anything with the phrase 'Israeli sources said' in it, is bound to be either out and out propaganda, or another weak attempt to justify barbarism and murder.

I'll go for the latter in this particular case, with a dash of the former to add the 'hmmm' factor.

The word 'Israel' in my view is rapidly becoming synonymous with the word 'lie'...they are almost interchangeable words these days.

If i were unlucky enough to have been born under the mental Israeli regime, i would be ashamed to admit where i was born.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Personally i think that you are jumping to conclusions.

Sources in Gaza say that the men were training on attacking Israeli targets near the Gaza Strip via sea.

english.pnn.ps...
I do understand that asking a person to be objective is too much these days, but at least looking at what clearly anti-Israeli sites say is beneficial before making assumptions. Me thinks.
But i do admit that i am from Israel, no problem there.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The men Killed were from Al Aqsa Bregades the armed wing of the Palestinian President.

The fifth man who was on boat with the other four is still missing.

Sources in Gaza say that the men were training on attacking Israeli targets near the Gaza Strip via sea. Hassanin said that the men were killed by single shot to the head execution stile.

According to Israeli military sources the Shayetet 13 commandos are the unit who staged the attack on the Palestinian boat.

Shayetet 13 is the same unit that attack the Free Gaza Flotilla last Monday, the attack left nine activists killed and 54 injured.

Ocker

top topics

join