It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Sling never Twining?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I don't know is there such sort of military thing being, what I only known was this maybe called anti-twining sling was innovated by a tiny US company which also is not profassionally work for military project.

Are you interested in this humble device?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would be interested to know what you're talking about. I really could make no sense out of your post.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Let's step back a few steps here. Are you describing Twinings Tea? And if so, why would the military be interested in an "Anti-Twining Sling"? Sounds sort of like they want to catapault Twinings Tea drinkers into the air for some reason.....perhaps this is the military answer to the Tea Party Movement? Slingshot them far into the ocean and let them swim back......

No really, what on earth are you talking about? A little more info would be handy

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Kryties]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
emile is Chinese and only knows self-taught English so sometimes his posts take a little working out, but sorry emile, I'm in the same boat as these guys this time and cannot understand your post, any chance you might have another go?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

I'll take a shot in the dark here...

If I understand "mindreading if you will" I think the OP is talking of a dual purpose sling, made from bark off the tea stalks...or cordage...
www.cottonwoodinstitute.org...
I make lots of cordage....and when or if stealth is needed your sling could easily be used for extra leverage to hurl rocks 100's of yards or even a green walnut will do some serious damge...

www.nativetech.org...
But just in case I missed the point ...I'm gonna stop here.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
What a embarrassed, I think that should be called anti-twist sling. A sling of gun which will never twist.
The word I spelled mistakenly very much

Have you guys ever seen this sort of sling?

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ok I presume he is talking about some sort of over the shoulder sling used for carrying assualt rifles....that apparently cant twist. Not quite sure what that means though.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by emile

If we are back to Daniel and Goliath, a sling was a great weapon.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

David and Goliath...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Ok I presume he is talking about some sort of over the shoulder sling used for carrying assualt rifles....that apparently cant twist. Not quite sure what that means though.

If that's indeed the case, we have these little things before the fastening clips called swivels. In combination with a wide enough strap and possibly a padded shoulder sleeve around it, getting twisted up really is not a problem.

Now if somebody is considering that as an major innovation for carrying firearms, then there's an R&D failure somewhere. Even things like civilian-grade camera bags have arrived at this solution years ago. I'm pretty sure a removable shoulder strap originally meant to be used with a laptop bag will be sufficient for a rifle, if the firearm's original carrying strap has some odd fault or another. Sticking a different label on it won't make it any better or different.

Now if that's not what's being talked about, then I have no idea.

join