It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead, oiled birds reported for first time in Texas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Dead, oiled birds reported for first time in Texas

news.yahoo.com

ROBERT, La. – Federal authorities responding to the massive Gulf of Mexico oil spill say dead birds with oil on them have been reported for the first time in Texas.

A wildlife report issued Sunday by the government command center in Robert, La., says that two dead birds with visible oil were found in Texas, along with at least 36 dead birds that didn't appear to have oil on them. The report did not say where in Texas the birds were found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This story was about 2 hours old at the time I post this. The article is pretty short and Im guessing its going to be updated within a few hours as more information comes out.

2 dead birds with oil on them have been found in Texas, but it dosent say where yet. 36 other dead birds were recovered but with no oil on them....The 36 may not even be related to the other 2 birds with oil on them, but its possible.

I think this is another small part of the entire oil disaster. Soon we will be seeing high numbers of dead wildlife all over the Gulf. I can only imagine whats to come....

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So now all Gulf states have reported oil. It was just a matter of time.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ive been doing some searching and have found only 1 other article so far on this. Its the exact same wording, but here it is anyways, Article

Ive been reading and have heard oil is not likely to reach Texas beaches, but with the birds with oil now, I think it may be possible for the oil to hit our beaches. The birds may of flew from a different state or way out into the ocean, but theres a chance they could of got the oil from right off the coast.

Link to "oil not likely to hit Texas" - Source

Texas prepared for oil link -Source

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I just checked the yahoo news article link and they changed it a few hours ago. Now they say there are no reports of dead birds with oil on them in Texas and an official wildlife report will be released later today.

top topics

join