It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This sign says it all..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Not sure what you mean by this......

So going head to head with the creator of this post, at what exactly should i reply?

At your limited and visual stand or is perhaps you might shed some light that you too are a product of your environment. If you choose, which i doubt let me know via u2u.

I guess you should see the irony in this sign..It was meant to open yours eyes at what BP wan'ts YOU to do in case you spill GAS/OIL on their Property...

Hope that helped!!

[edit on 6-6-2010 by baddmove]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Of all the hippocracy in today's world this wins the prize for today. It would be kinda funny to do a mock oil spill at one of their stations.then spray chemicals all over to "disperrse" (sp.?) it and declare it all clean and drive away. It's kinda funny how people are usually guilty of that which they are most critical of in others.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by theyrout2getus

He he..Now that is a really good idea, probably scare the hell out of the employees but, It might send a message to headquarters..

nah..probably not...good idea though

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If you dont mind, Ima use part of this picture as my Avatar.

This is some bs.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

No, gas should go to $30 a gallon. Maybe then people would be forced to use alternative energy.

Yea that’s it...
whats your logic? Do you drive a horse and buggy? Some need fuel to feed there family
"sigh" denying ignorance I suspect

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Aaah, another BP related laugh?

Here you go

BP considers changing company name into "Blackwater"

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
You think that's funny ?

Get a load of THIS crap !

BP's (BP) Mission Statement

BP uses a Values Statement

Our Values

In all our activities we seek to display some unchanging, fundamental qualities – integrity, honest dealing, treating everyone with respect and dignity, striving for mutual advantage and contributing to human progress.

To translate these into guides for practical action, we build on them in our group values. By bringing together intentions previously articulated in a number of different policy statements, these make it clear that the group aims:

•to have the best competitive corporate, operating and financial performance

•to improve, and to be accessible, inclusive and diverse

•to engage the creative talents of our employees, and develop and apply leading, cost-effective technology and intellectual creativity to enhance innovation and new ideas

•to carry on its business in an environmentally responsible manner, and develop cleaner energy and renewable energy sources. The group is committed to the responsible treatment of the planet’s resources and to the development of sources of lower-carbon energy
For clarity, we express our group values under four headings: performance; people and capability; health, safety and environment; and external relationships.

Group Values

Performance

Compliance with law and ethics: to comply with all applicable laws and regulations in each jurisdiction in which the group operates. All employees will be required to comply with the code of conduct, which prohibits illegal, corrupt or unethical practices and demands high standards of probity.

Continuous improvement: to improve continuously in pursuit of the group values by setting targets and through encouragement of our employees.

Internal targets: to establish realistic and reasonable targets in the group plan. Progress against targets will be reported internally and analysed transparently and in a timely manner so that progress and variations can be understood readily.

Risk: to ensure through the group plan that progress takes place, applying a balanced approach to risk, value and innovation. No employee will be permitted to substitute his or her own risk preferences for those contained in the group plan.

People and Capability

Human capability and technology: to nurture human capability and invest to ensure that the right technology, skills, behaviours and intellectual property are available for the pursuit of the board goals.

Employee treatment: to treat employees fairly and with respect and dignity.

Employee expectations: to make clear the expectations the group has of each employee in line with the group’s general principles of delegation. Each employee will be given open and constructive feedback to aid his or her continuing development and performance.

Inclusion: to enable employees to feel included as part of a meritocratic organization of people from diverse backgrounds.

Merit and diversity: to recruit, select, develop and advance its employees on merit, irrespective of age, gender, nationality, physical challenge, race, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity.

Remuneration: to reward employees in a manner that reflects their role in the group and their contribution to the achievement of targets.

Health, Safety, and Environment

Health and safety: to ensure that there are no accidents, no harm to people and that no one is subject to unnecessary risk while working for the group.

Environmentally sound operations: to conduct the group’s activities in a manner that, consistent with the board goals, is environmentally responsible with the aspiration of ‘no damage to the environment’. The group will seek to drive down the environmental impact of its operations by reducing waste, emissions and discharges, and by using energy efficiently.

‘Transcending the environmental trade-off’: to contribute to human progress by applying the group’s resources in such a way that the perceived trade-off between global access to heat, light and mobility and the protection and improvement of the natural environment may be overcome.

External Relationships

Mutual advantage: to conduct our business on a long-term and sustainable basis, founded on relationships that are mutually advantageous and capable of enduring beyond a single transaction.

Social impact: to respect the quality of life and the economic and social progress of the communities in which the group operates and, in the context of the board goals, to give support to their advancement.

Human rights: to support the Voluntary Principles on Security and Human Rights. Understanding that governments have the primary responsibility to promote and protect human rights, the group shares the common goal of promoting respect for human rights, particularly those set forth in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

Transparency: to deal openly and transparently with shareholders and third parties. The group will set appropriate external targets in line with its internal targets and report against them periodically. The group will also act in accordance with the principles of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI).

Government relations and influence: always to conduct business in a manner that does not abuse the influence that may exist (or be perceived to exist) by virtue of the scope and scale of the group. The group will engage honourably with all governments in whose jurisdictions it operates but will take no part in partisan politics.

Source : B.P .com

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
Crude has a very efficient natural sink, in just a few years this will all be just a bad memory. Yeas critters died, but they will rebound. Stop tripping we can’t let this drive gas prices to $6 to $8 bucks a gallon.

If it wasn’t for all the tree hugging taking place this leak would be sealed right now. A nuke would end it instantly.

I don't think the accident has anything to do with "tree hugging", it has to do with stupidity running amok in most governments, including the american government.

It makes zero sense that government would allow offshore drilling for oil and gas, which is infinetly more dangerous than shore drilling and on top of all this not make legislation extremely strict. The bush/cheney gang have caused everyone lots of grief for no good reason other than corporate greed.

Are democrats better? Probably a little bit....

[edit on 7-6-2010 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
why was there loads on extreme t&c violations again is BP upset we released the pic!?, bet they took it down from gas stations today

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Should the unforeseen occur, no worries. Just nuke it.

2nd non essential line.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This was hilarious! Thanks you so much for sharing!

Where is this station you took this picture at?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nice find OP!

There are quite a few ironies in that picture.

The huge gas guzzling RV for a start.

The "You Are Responsible For Spills" itself is great. So ... the customer is responsible, not BP then. But in a sense we all are, by our collective dependance on oil. And we're the ones who'll end up paying for it all in the end, though higher prices, taxes etc.

The lovely, warm and fuzzy, 'Green' sunflower logo introduced back in 2000.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a556e080e3fc.jpg[/atsimg]

In 2008, BP was awarded a satirical prize, the "Emerald Paintbrush" award, by Greenpeace UK. The "Emerald Paintbrush" award was given to BP in order to highlight its alleged greenwashing campaign.

en.wikipedia.org...

And from their mealy mouthed Mission Statement quoted above -

Environmentally sound operations: to conduct the group’s activities in a manner that, consistent with the board goals, is environmentally responsible with the aspiration of ‘no damage to the environment’. The group will seek to drive down the environmental impact of its operations by reducing waste, emissions and discharges, and by using energy efficiently.

Companies spend a lot of time and money preparing these statements and it's all about choosing their words carefully.

So just what does "consistent with the board goals" mean here?

That if the board goals put profit above all else then they can ignore the clause?

I note that they only "seek to" reduce environmental impact by "reducing ... discharges"

No real promises here then. Nothing about avoiding or eliminating environmental impact and discharges.

Like I said, mealy mouthed.

While bowsing for the BP logo image I found this interesting article from May 2009

BP brings 'green era' to a close

Environmental groups have accused BP of dropping its pledge to be green and replacing it with a commitment to be "responsible".

Again, it's all about the carefully chosen words.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KF5EQV

I didn't take it, i just found it on accident browsing the web..

not sure where it is at all.....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I dont understand why people are not being arrested over this.
I am from the uk but was on holiday a couple of years ago in Corpus Christie and it is heart breaking to think the beaches and all the amazing wildlife are going to be so damaged.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofmuldernscully

How can you arrest people if you don't know who is responsible for the mess? Sure the CEO, the captain of BP, is primarily(at least typically) most responsible even if he isn't directly responsible but I mean WHO MADE THE WRONG DECISIONS THAT LEAD US TO THIS DISASTER?!

A criminal investigation has just started(about a week ago). It should have started much sooner but the american government has handled the entire incident wrong from the beginning imo.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You better seize all BP assets in north America, equipment and all once they cap this well otherwise.. America is going to get screwed.

BP= the people who helped bring you the Exxon Valdez disaster!

TIME to wake up America BP just cut your throat DONT TRUST THEM

PLEASE MAKE ME A LIAR log into ATS 3 months from now and explain BP is making good on all accounts= NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

NEVER EVER TRUST BP OR ANY OIL COMPANY.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Not a problem bro. Anybody who can get my week started with a good laugh is friend.

Again, thanks.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I just feel its time to do something. The balance between big government and big business its only a blur. We regular people, who support big government by paying taxes and following the law, and who are the paying patrons of big business by accepting their terms on the purchase of a product/service, are left to fends for ourselves in the face of such negligence.

I have a 1 year old niece and the planet she its going to grow up on its already looking like a toxic wasteland. I can only hope more people see it this way and try to do something together to make big gov take my niece's side for a while.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
we should post this next to the spill lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join