It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2010 Birth Pains

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by brocket99
Of course. It's the perfect excuse. One size fits all.

False predictions should discredit the person who says them, as well as the person who believes them IMO.

ATS is full of them.

People squealing about false predictions are claiming that their beliefs
are the only thing that is right. And anyone else who has different views
should be discredited. Don't you realize that you are being discredited
also? You believe what you choose, and I will believe what I choose.
This stupid argument can go on and on and on and on.......but one thing,
is for sure. Each one of us will definitely get the truth one day. So what's
the use of discussing this stuff at all? You are right, I am right, you are
wrong, I am wrong. blah, blah, blah. There is no end to this ridiculous
bickering between all of the people that are on ATS whether there is
a good end or a bad one. Choose what path you want and quit espousing
your beliefs and telling them that they are wrong no matter what. I am NOT
telling you that you are wrong, just quit telling me that I and others are.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by endtimer]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by endtimer]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I never said these people ARE wrong, I posed the question of what will they say when the predications don't come true?

The answer is: The end of the world will come one day.

I guess this means they will eventually be proved correct.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Predictions and Religious beliefs should always be observed separately.

Any one with the proper observation can observe their surroundings and apply common sense and placing these observations on paper. Any one with the right skills and tools can observe and predict the heavens movements.

How ever predictions of religious idols, 'causes', 'reasons'; any one can take these concepts and apply fiction or non fiction and tie them in with the same context of the inevitable future, as a way to provide false(or true) explanations and causes for these things. Or possibly provide a platform for which the audience will assume the fictional material must be correct because the 'prophecy' has come forth.

It is a narrow and desperate mind that will look at both prediction and religious doctrine in the same light. One does not validate the other.

In the words of this post I am not discrediting the bible, but I am discrediting anyone who applies both prophetic events and religious beliefs in the same light.

Please use critical thinking.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Scarcer]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Hello Cor Leonis,

Birth pains indeed. Good thread - lots of interesting things to discuss.

I believe in a Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Here are some reasons why - Source

Here is a Pre-Trib flow chart of end time prophesies - End Times Flow Chart

There are verses that support both Pre and Post-Trib views. I think we just need to look at the way God saved Noah, Moses and Lot.

Noah and crew obeyed God and prepared for the flood – those who didn’t prepare suffered and died.

Moses and crew walked through the Red Sea and the Egyptians suffered and died.

Lot and crew were rescued from fire and brimstone while Sodom and Gomorrah suffered and died.

All those that died, suffered agonizing deaths. These are pictures of the suffering that will happen during the 7 year tribulation.

God has warned that the 7 year tribulation is coming. The only way to avoid it is to accept the fact that we can’t buy our way into Heaven by doing good works. Jesus paid the price – not us. Jesus never sinned and sin was not passed down to Him from the seed of Adam - one perfect sacrifice to cancel every sin. He even said that He is the ONLY way to Heaven. So we need to make up our minds about Jesus – is He a liar?

Jesus took our wrath/tribulation.

Peace

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I like the fact that following your reasonable post about not combining prediction and the bible, the next post goes onto say that God has warned us that the 7 year tribulation is coming, which is somewhat prophetic.

I guess that's what's great about the bible. Cherry pick with an infinite amount of time and warning.

reply to post by Scarcer

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by brocket99

That's what's great about the Bible, you have a choice to discount it.

People that believe in the bible have to believe in miracles. We all know it's not logical. It is absolutely illogical in the eyes of science. We are willing to subject ourselves to ridicule and even death.

If faced by someone demanding we renounce Christ or suffer death we will choose death. This is the legacy of the prophets, apostles and disciples.

Do you mind if I ask you what you believe about the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
FearNoEvil,

I am Christian.

I think what separates me from many others however is I don't mind challenging my beliefs, asking questions, and am not blind to the world.

When media wasn't what it is now, were Christians talking about the end of the world during:

WWI
WWII
The Korean War
Vietnam
The Depression

It may come, it may not in our lifetimes, but the prophetic nature of some of the biblical speak on ATS is ridiculous, and it is being said like its fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm all about this. and God and yes. I believe. The problem is ATS. Most people will hack and rape our bellybuttons with there "logic". That being said be open minded. some are right. sometimes ya gotta jam the puzzle in. it's called the leap of faith

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I agree.

I think people should pose their interpretations as possibilities - unless they are 100% convinced they are correct.

One example - I don't believe the Deepwater Horizon is the great mountain burning with fire - one reason, I don't see how it could destroy 1/3 of the ships. I am more inclined to view it as a comet but I don't claim I know for sure.

8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood; 9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed. Rev 8:8-9 KJV

Anyway, thanks for the response.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

"Heaven and earth shall pass away , but my words shall not pass away." (Matthew 24:35)

When these things spoken of in this thread and in the book of Revelation come to pass, will you believe?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WeZet

I believe the Nephilim has already been resurrected by genetic tinkering. In black op what ever. Just an opinion.

The army of demons to be released in the book of Revelations is a result of mixed DNA, just like the Nephilim of Genesis 6.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

One of the main reasons I believe why all of this stuff is upon us is because I believe that 2016/2017 is the last Jubilee

120 Jubilee's time 50 equals 6,000 years. I believe we are there.

Also, with Israel being referred to the fig tree nation spoken of in Matthew 24. It says that this Generation shall not pass til all these things be fulfilled. All the things spoken of in Matthew 24. A Generation is 70 years. 2017 is 70 years since Israel was born a nation after being scattered among the Nations. So many other reasons why I believe we are there I cannot mention them all right now. So much happening.

I believe the Av 1, Eclipses are signs. What I originally posted, I stand by!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

What I originally post was July 11, 2010 is the next Av 1, 2010 Solar eclipse.

Right now the sea's (people) are roaring! People are perplexed and becoming perplexed regarding all the stuff happening RIGHT NOW!

There is alot of talk of calamities JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SUMMER!

Again, for the past 3 years on Av 1, 2008, 2009, 2010 on the very same day, 3 years in a row 3 Solar Eclipses. NOT A COINCIDENCE!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

"And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for SIGNS, and for seasons, and for days, and years: (Genesis 1:14) (emphasis added)

Jesus Christ (Yashua) fulfilled the spring feasts of the Lord God. He will absolutely fulfill the Fall Feasts.

I believe it is near, even at the door. For a reference to these Feasts fulfilled and too be fulfilled a simple Internet search is all needed.

endtimepilgrim.org...

The above link is an excellent reference too these Feasts

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I did NOT say by the way, that Yashua (Jesus) will fufill the Fall Feast this Fall 2010.

Yashua will, I believe fulfill these at his physical return at the end of Armageddon. When he will Tabernacle with his own.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Just for everone's info, I don't start threads for Stars and Flags. Thanks for them anyway but thats not the motivation.

It appears this thread may go to the wayside. So, anyway for those interested, you might want to put this eclipse info on your Calendar.

If the Psalm 83 War kicks off this summer or around the blowing of trumpets (Tishri 1) then KNOW the Ezekial 38 Gog Magog War is imminent, The gathereing together of the Church and the whole shabang is upon this God denieing World.

One last word! Anyone in the future who takes the Mark of the Beast will forever be lost. Even if you have to give your life, do not take the Mark.

To me, a very real scenerio, as Lot was escaping the fire and brimstone, the gathering together of the Church could, I said could, happen when we see mushroom clouds. There is much evil going on in this World and the Devil, Satan knows his time is short.

Satan hates Israel and Satan hates the Christian. Because we both have become one in Christ. God is about to pour out His Spirit upon the Nation of Israel. In the Book of Revelation, it speaks of God sealing 144,000 Jews 12,000 from each tribe. There will be a world wide revival during the last 7 years. It is close. And for those who say things are continueing as they always have. BULL!!!

Anyway! God's Blessings be upon those who are looking for His Mercy! (Undeserved Favor) through Yasua, His only begotten Son.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
All of the Av 1st Eclipses were on different dates on the Gregorian calendar.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

SnF indeed.

Congratu0lations. Some one willing to say exactly what needed to be said, and nothing more. Well done. God provided away for Noah to escape his wrath. He waited for Lot to be far enough away before destroying
Sodom and Gomarah. The lesson to be learned I believe, God new from the beginning we would fail with out his guidance.
Still he let us have our way.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
A loving caring wandering mendicant miracle worker returns romper stomper on his flying white steed pigasses with laser beams out his eyes and thunderbolts out his arse personally supervising a right slaughter-your God has issues.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Looks like you have played too many video games! You are blind to truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join