It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we paying for BP's mess

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I live in NW Indiana and BP has a refinery in whiting Indiana any where you go in this area gas ranges from 2.44 - 2.54 per gallon but all BPg gas stations are at 2.94 per gallon I can't help but feel we are paying for their mistake.

What's your take on this

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
If you can squeeze something and it does not bite the hand doing the squeezing then it stands to reason that the thing being squeezed will be squeezed even more tightly until it finally squeak.

Squeaks are just noises of protest though and even a bite to come after all protest has been brushed aside will probably just result in the biter being crushed, welcome to corporate greed, strap in its going to be one heck of a ride

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Well I figured that but you would hope the MSM would cover it

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
As consumer you are part of the oil process and will be charged for the extra costs made by BP. Would have been the same with any other company though.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I'm surprised that your suprised that your paying for their mess..

We live in an oil economy, everything is based on oil. So if there is an oil disaster, you can bet your bottom dollar (literally) that the cost of such at thing would be passed on the consumers.

You should not be worrying about any sort of financial cost though, you all should be worried about the environmental one.

Your children and their children will forever live a world that is changed because of this. Entire ecosystems will be destroyed, only to return decades later.

If you don't believe me, look up the site in Alaska where the Exxon mess was, they are still cleaning and getting over the effects..

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Hi!

Why is your nation the worst on this planet for consuming oil/petrol derivatives?

Guess it's ok to deplete the planet resources when the price is right but then affect indigantion when something happens on your own doorstep?

Peace!

new topics

top topics

join