It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Self Consciousness to Initiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I found a cool article I read that resonated with me and that you might enjoy it and perhaps want to discuss it. Here is an excerpt of the first chapter:

www.freeread.com...

Imagine the time, far back in history, when you became a human being for the first time. It may have been thousands of years ago, millions or perhaps billions depending on your age as a soul, as it is called. It may have been on this earth, or another earth in a galaxy far away.

When you first became a human it was because your soul passed a major initiation. This caused your "individualization" as a human ego. This individualization was a big step for you. It was as big of a step for you at that time as overcoming death will be for you in this age for there are no soul initiations (as there are individual initiations) between individualization and overcoming death, or entering the Kingdom of God. At individualization we entered the kingdom of the humans which was as overwhelming for us at that time as will be the entering of the Kingdom of God for us now.

When you individualized you left the animal consciousness behind and assumed a new consciousness, the human, which is to say the individual. You did not know what it was like to be a single and separate individual until this happened.

The lower animal consciousness is an identifying consciousness that does not relate to the feeling of separateness. Those in the God Kingdom are not separate, but they understand and relate to this feeling because they have passed through it as humans. The feeling of separateness must be experienced and finally directed toward a cooperative union which is a much higher stage of non-separateness than that experienced by the animals.

The animal does not realize that it can be a separate and distinct being for it relies heavily on instinctual feeling identifying heavily with nature and other lives. Man, on the other hand, sees himself as separate and therefore loses this identification with nature and often acts in opposition to it. This is why man has acquired the dubious title of "the enemy of nature." Nevertheless, the end of this lesson will be good, for man will comprehend the majesty of nature as he enters the Kingdom of God and will, from that kingdom, enhance and assist nature and make up for all the wrongs he did as a separate human... Go to the link to read more

Here is a link to an index of the ten chapters but each chapter also has a link to the next:
www.freeread.com...

I found this very interesting and wondered how others who read it might see it. So if you care to read it let me know what you think about it. It walks through several life times in a kind of generic sense but I found many things I could relate too and some things that would obviously be future but resonate with me. Everything from being a barely conscious human, to being a soldier in ancient wars, to a monk, to an initiate and everything in between etc. How so called sin or wrong doing effects us, how it is worked out it even addresses suicide religion etc. of course not everyone will agree with everything and neither did I but never the less I thought it was pretty cool and well done.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Advaita Vedanta said we are God long before Jesus;
Adi Da explained Consciousness in two words.
www.beezone.com...

From the above posters link:
"Here's the question: WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU?" Now here is what the answer is not. It is not a human being, a son of God, a spirit or soul. So if God says that none of these common answers are correct, what could it be?"

"This is an odd line of questioning for you," Wayne said, looking at me suspiciously. "Are you sure you didn't get hit on the head and see the Big Guy?"

"No. Nothing like that." I tried to sound nonchalant, but I didn't know whether or not Wayne guessed something was up. "Just been doing some thinking. I want your serious answer here. How would you answer the question?"

"OK. I'll play along. Not son of God, not human, not spirit, not soul. Well, Jesus said something interesting about who we are that is in none of those categories."

"That might be helpful. What did he say?"

"He said we are gods."

"That sounds like Mormon teachings." I've studied quite a bit about different religious teachings and so has Wayne.

"Yes, the Mormons have a slant in that direction, but in addition to them there are billions of people on earth with some type of belief that man is a god of some sort. Most of the Christians believe this doctrine is heresy however."

"But you are telling me that Jesus actually said it in the Bible? How does the actual wording go?"

Wayne took a sip of coffee and leaned forward. "I remember clearly three words he said. "It was Ye are gods."

"Jesus called us Gods?" I asked in hushed tones. I remember the Bible calling us Sons of God, but Gods? Do you remember where that scripture is?"

"I'm pretty sure it's in the gospel of John."

"John?" I sputtered, spilling several drops of coffee on my lap.

"Careful there," Wayne grinned. "Are you sure you didn't have some vision or something? You look pale." He looked carefully at my face.

"Here lately I'm not sure of anything," I said lamely "You really think Jesus said that in the book of John?"

"Like I said, I'm pretty sure. John the Beloved himself recorded that. He was definitely the best New Testament author. Keep in mind though that most Christians don't think he was seriously telling us we are gods."

"So, what do you think? Do you think we're gods?"

"Look at it this way," said Wayne. "God is supposed to be everywhere, right?"

"That's what they say."

"You occupy some of that space they call everywhere, don't you?"

"Yes."

"So, is God in the space you occupy?"

"If He is everywhere, then the answer is yes."

"That means that God is in you."

"Yes again."

"So would God be in your heart, brain, liver and even your cells?"

"Well, they are all part of everywhere. If God is omnipresent then I guess He would be in every atom of my body." I was catching on to Wayne's reasoning.

"So if God is in every atom of your body you are made of God. It follows then that you are God. If it's in you through and through, then it's you."

"So, do you think that is true? Do you really think we are Gods?"

"Hell, I don't know," Wayne said, leaning back in his seat. "I'm not even one hundred percent sure that there is a God. Sometimes I'm not even sure I am here on earth. Maybe everything is just a great dream and when we wake up there's nothing there. Or maybe when we wake up we are in some place that makes sense. Better yet, maybe we'll wake up on a south sea island full of beautiful girls to take care of our every need." Wayne grinned at this thought. Poor guy hadn't had a girlfriend in a long time.

"Very interesting thinking, but that scripture you mentioned interests me the most. I'm going to look it up when I get home," I said excitedly. "I faintly remember reading it, but never thought of it in the context that we could actually be gods." I couldn't wait to get home!

"Don't take it too seriously and expect me to worship you," Wayne smiled.

I cut our conversation short and sped home and started researching the book of John. Finally I found the scripture in chapter ten:

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, "Ye are gods?"

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

After a little research I realized that the "law" that Jesus mentioned was the book of Psalms. Jesus seemed to be saying that those who received the law of God or scriptures were called gods. Just maybe...maybe that was the answer. We are more than human. We are gods. I will admit however, it seemed odd to think of myself as a god, but apparently the answer that John wanted was not just your standard Sunday school formula.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

You read the wrong article, the article is also the title of the thread "From Self Consciousness To Initiation" try reading that and then respond.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by RRokkyy

You read the wrong article, the article is also the title of the thread "From Self Consciousness To Initiation" try reading that and then respond.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by hawkiye]

There are many brilliant creative people out there who like to be the center
of attention and acquire money,power and women in the process. JOseph Smith,founded his own religion,the Mormons,so he could be a polygamist in a Christian monogamous society. The concept of reincarnation and evolution has been around for thousands of years. The book, First and Last Men, by Olaf Stapleton, written in the 1930's? is a classic on the subject.

There is a fundamental difference between describing a place or state of consciousness and explaining how you actually get there. Adi Da explains how you get there. No One else has ever in Recorded history been able to explain Reality as simply as Adi Da. I could not find any actual spiritual teaching in this fellows writing in the little that I read. If he has said anything on the subject why dont you cite it?

Adi Da was also a Transfigured Human Being Who Appeared as God to His Devotees and Transmitted Powerful Spiritual Grace to them.
What does this fellow appear as? By what authority does he speak, his imagination?

I havent seen any proof of this evolution,or reincarnation that is linked,or karma, that this guy and everybody else talks about. People seem
to be quite dull,dense,and stupid,and evil,for having lived for thousands
of lives.

From Self Consciousness to Initiation -- Chapter 1, The Freshman Period
What you are as a human has always been, but in the past that which makes up you as a being has been fragmented. In the beginning these fragments entered the mineral kingdom. After these tiny parts of yourself experienced all they could there they joined and entered the plant kingdom. Later theses larger fragments joined other fragments and entered the animals. Finally these still larger fragments fused and you resumed your human form.

Nevertheless, you are still not complete. There are other fragments of you out there who are awaiting the joining. When you link up with them you eventually overcome death and enter the Kingdom of God. Finally, when all the fragments of the One Great Life whom we call God have linked up then all of us will see ourselves as a part of a greater whole. In this process you never lose that part which is "you" just as in putting together a car the wheel is still a wheel, but when you have the complete car assembled you do not call it a wheel, but a car.

Even though all of us are fragments of God, those who are immediate fragments of ourselves are limited in number. Each of us has at least one teacher somewhere, either on this earth, or in the worlds of Spirit who is a more experienced fragment of ourselves. Then there will be another to whom you will be the teacher who is a lower fragment of yourself.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Did you read all ten chapters? Or did you come here to condemn and then promote something else?

I posted an article for discussion so far you have not done that and have discussed anything but it and tried to condemn and judge etc based on some tibits not related to the article I referenced. Please stay on topic.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I was in the process of gathering these links for a family member and this post came up in my search and I noticed the links are broken so I thought I would post the links where all ten chapters can be found. I have found this a good overview of human progression and it resonated with me and i occasionally refer people to it when the subject of our origins comes up. Also it gives me an excuse to bump the thread and see if it gets anymore attention this time around

Here are the chapters in order:
1. www.freeread.com...
2. www.freeread.com...
3. www.freeread.com...
4. www.freeread.com...
5. www.freeread.com...
6. www.freeread.com...
7. www.freeread.com...
8. www.freeread.com...
10. www.freeread.com...
11. www.freeread.com...

edit on 6-7-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You guys should read Emanuel Swedenborg, he explains this stuff in detail.
He was a brilliant Swedish philosofer/writer/scientist/inventor in the 18th centuary.

If you don`t know him or any of his writings but i can tell you that he will probably blow your mind.
This man should get his own thread for all the marvelous things he wrote.(easy to find on google)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is deep and I think I like it.

Gary Zukav states that non-human animals are a part of a soul group and do not posses an individual soul. Those animals don't get to experience life as we do. I can see where we break away from the herd and become humans.

Great premise and info, OP.

new topics

top topics

join