It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I couldn't have said it any better. They are breaking the law.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by topdog65807]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
the problem isnt they want to come here the problem is buy being illegal the people who hire them can pay less then minim wage .
so no matter how much a American wants to work he cant com-peat with less then minim wage . and even when the employer does pay a higher wage as in construction say 17$ an hour its still saves him money by hireing them as thee no workmen s comp to pay for which is as high as 125$ a month per employee.
THATS the real problem .
so I agree with the people who say bust the compainys hiring them .
same as the drug war bust the small time sellers wile leaving the people who supply them well for every one you bust theres ten wating to take his place.
so maybe we should be busting the SELlers then the users will quite.
but hey that would take away the thing you love so much wouldnt it? some one lower then you to HATE.
bet for a mint you feel so much higher then these poor people.
sooner or later the poor people will finly get tired of being stepped on by you.
and rember theres one of you and millions of them and yes I am poor

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiponbothshoulders
Those people were native to this continent before all the white races showed up to steal the resources,and kill them for objecting,so who is really doing the trespassing here?.

Yes. We arrived and drew a line in their sand and told them that they could no longer cross that line. Where do we get off?

I'm glad the illegal immigration subject has come to the foreground recently because all the discussions are making me change my mind about it. I used to hold a VERY strict opinion against illegal immigration, but I'm realizing that we can't just see these people as a scourge and turn them away without being concerned whether or not they live or die. It's just not that simple.

It's NOT like they are cockroaches in our home. They are PEOPLE, just like us. People who need help. People who are willing to risk their lives to make things better for their families - to help their families survive. If a family of PEOPLE came into your house because they were starving, would you shoot them? I would not. I would feed them.

I DO think there should be an inexpensive means by which people can become citizens if they want to. That way, they can get in the system, pay taxes and not have to hide in fear of being deported. Immigrants, illegal or otherwise should follow the same laws and rules that we do and pay the same consequences if they don't. The border should be made secure by our government. We need immigration reform.

The poem on the Statue of Liberty says:

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

That's what The USA is about. Not this selfish, exclusionary, non-caring attitude that I hear and read so much about.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stop-loss!
reply to post by LDragonFire

To me, she is a hero! To help those in need and that are seeking a brighter future from poverty and despair is truly what humanity should be about. Its time to stop being selfish and help one another not condemn them and send them somewhere else. After all this country was founded by immigrants in ancient times, who are we to turn them out? $&F

A hero??? So she would rather help an illegal alien then help the people in her own country? What about AMERICANS tha need jobs, that are going without? I could see if, if everyone one here was living the high life, but were not. Our own people need just as much if not more help. Why doesn't mexico fix their own problems instead of sending them to us?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

Did you even read my post before you replied to it? Where did I accuse anyone of tresspassing? I said in no uncertain terms this is about TAXES!!!! I want them here LEGALLY so they can pay taxes just like every othere hard working CITIZEN. Please read someone's post before you respond, it might make you appear a little smarter. And I have a feeling you need all the help you can get

[edit on 6-6-2010 by riffraff]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
to those who say this" land belonged to the indians first" (hahaha).....

You couldnt be more wrong. Indians didnt believe in land ownership, so it didnt belong to anyone.

To those who say "they were natives before the white people got here"...

There are no true natives to the north american continent. Getting here before someone else does not make one a native.

Bottom line: By the very definition of the word, there is an invasion taking place across our southern border, and it must be stopped by any and all means necessary.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I learned a long time ago that most people want freedom-for people like themselves. Screw everyone else, they can just die for all they care.

I think we should give American's what they cry for. Let's build that huge wall, let's build it on both sides of the border. Let's stock it with military men with machine guns, missile launches and tazers. Let's see someone cross that! Meanwhile, since we are Xenophobes and all, we must end all trade with non-Americas. Of course, this would lead to us not having anything but hey, this is AMERICA! America for AMERICANS! Next, we are going to kick out everyone who doesn't speak English.

This issue turns people into a raving horde. They will endorse the stupidest and most inhumane things in the name of "stopping the invaders". We have people literally endorsing watching people starve to death. I'm not surprised. Most people in this country have never had to fight for anything of significance. They have never had to truly struggle for their survival.
www.globalissues.org...
Armchair warriors. Go get them illegals!
www.ssa.gov...
Computing the daily take for the average American using these figures: 113 dollars per day. As if the average American could comprehend living in extreme poverty. We are wasting our time. Just give them what they want and let them live with it. Someday they will figure out their blame game was an empty shell and their lives still suck,but hey, I'm not responsible for that. They will find another group of people to blame later on.

In closing, from a natural born American and army wife: America, expletive yea.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes, I remember that poem. But with all due respect, that was from another time. Surely you can see that the US can't take in everyone, we've reached our limit an have to start looking after our own. Help other countries, yes. But how many do we take in before our country becomes a wasteland like they country they're leaving?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

So I guess you people don't mind pressing 1 for English... I can't believe what this country has come to... This girl should be arrested and charged with treason and these illegals should be considered enemy combatants.

Lemme get this straight, we're to support this invading army, the same invading army that is destroying this country from within? Have you people lost your GD minds? This crap is beyond words and it just goes to show how damn ignorant the masses really are. Does La Raza ring a bell????

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
Surely you can see that the US can't take in everyone, we've reached our limit an have to start looking after our own.

We would ALL (in the US) be much better off if we weren't trying to police the world. There is no "our own". We all live on this rock.

Originally posted by UndergroundMilitia
So I guess you people don't mind pressing 1 for English...

I don't mind at all. I guess pressing a button is just too much for some...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Talk about a double standard...,try crossing into Mexico illegally.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UndergroundMilitia

So, we're basing our behavior on how Mexico acts now? Should we start beating our women if they don't cover up properly in public because some people in other countries do that?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

reply to post by antonia

And Mexico is wrong for what they are doing. I'm gonna be laughing the day SHTF in America and people are running to Mexico. Talk about turning the tables.

One day humans on this planet are going to get the fact that they are in this cess pit together and they won't survive unless they learn to live with each other.

As for pressing one for English, not an issue, I'm not lazy.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by Chance321
Surely you can see that the US can't take in everyone, we've reached our limit an have to start looking after our own.

We would ALL (in the US) be much better off if we weren't trying to police the world. There is no "our own". We all live on this rock.

So good, why don't you open your home to some illegals and let them # all over you and impose their culture and language directly on your family. Making YOU change to accommodate them. La Raza baby!

We are at war if you didn't notice, not a race war but a class war which illegal immigration is a direct result of. This crap has all but destroyed the economy but hey, let's just give up our country to people that refuse to come here legally and assimilate.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yeah.. they should be allowed to die in the desert.

They are Lawbreakers. This girl is not helping them to survive so they can be brought safely to prison then deported. If that were the case, the border patrol would be doing this also.

These people knew the risks they took when they left Mexico. If they did not prepare for the journey coupled with their choice to undertake this very stupid and illegal act, they deserve what happens to them. Perhaps more illegals would think twice.

These people are helping others break the law and they are wrong for that. They should all be locked up and prosecuted.

It is unfortunate that some of these people die. But they made their bed, they have to lie in it.

100% right brother.

DO NOT HELP CRIMINALS. ILLEGALS ARE CRIMINALS. IF YOU HELP CRIMINALS, THEN YOU ARE A CRIMINAL TOO.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Trueman]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm glad the illegal immigration subject has come to the foreground recently because all the discussions are making me change my mind about it. I used to hold a VERY strict opinion against illegal immigration, but I'm realizing that we can't just see these people as a scourge and turn them away without being concerned whether or not they live or die. It's just not that simple.

It's NOT like they are cockroaches in our home. They are PEOPLE, just like us. People who need help. People who are willing to risk their lives to make things better for their families - to help their families survive. If a family of PEOPLE came into your house because they were starving, would you shoot them? I would not. I would feed them.

Very wise and kind hearted post.

Yes, we are all human - in America, other than the American Indians, all of our ancestors were immigrants.

It's not right to treat another human or animal any other way than you yourself would want to be treated.

“My country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Our country is not the only thing to which we owe our allegiance. It is also owed to justice and to humanity. Patriotism consists not in waving the flag, but in striving that our country shall be righteous as well as strong. ~James Bryce

Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. ~Albert Einstein, The World As I See It, 1934

I have no sense of nationalism, only a cosmic consciousness of belonging to the human family. ~Rosika Schwimmer

To him in whom love dwells, the whole world is but one family. ~Buddha

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Your right, but they were here before the white man.

In fact, IMO: land, air, sunshine and water should not belong to anyone.

The planet and her resources should be for all to share equally and not a few having 3/4 of it leaving 1/4 for the rest.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

flesh and blood over paper any day of the week.

Just my .02, even if we go broke because of it.

If people seriously believe that illegal immigration is anywhere near as much of a drain as the misuse of funds by our government and black budget programs then they are naive and or ignorant.

buena suerte hermanos, via con dios.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

reply to post by antonia

And Mexico is wrong for what they are doing. I'm gonna be laughing the day SHTF in America and people are running to Mexico. Talk about turning the tables.

One day humans on this planet are going to get the fact that they are in this cess pit together and they won't survive unless they learn to live with each other.

As for pressing one for English, not an issue, I'm not lazy.

So am I to assume that TSHF in Mexico and that's why they're running to America?? Maybe it's because of Mexico's scumbag oligarchs and their desire to destroy the middle-class. Hey just maybe this agenda falls inline with America's oligarchs?? A little NAU anyone??

Being pissed about pressing 1 for English has absolutely nothing to do with being lazy, it has all to do with the countless brave souls that have fought and died to preserve the American way of life. I guess it's safe to assume that you're not a veteran...And correct me if I'm wrong but the U.S, Constitution was written in ENGLISH and I'm not aware of any Spanish versions...(Heavy Sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hello,
I was harsh, I apologize to those whom I may've offended.
I mean it too. All the different/similar posts enabled me to rethink my stance. I truly am a lover of living beings, I even love inadamant objects!

It all boils down to the NWO/TPTB. I think they want us to take our brothers and sisters in-so we can all be corralled together for the big slaughter, the culling. And, they want us to kill each other off in the process?

If I just had a plan of action to thwart this sickening endeavor of theirs.
Even if I did, I'm only one man...

Isn't the writing on the wall?

I'm putting this issue on the back-burner. That crap with Gaza gives me heartburn. This is giving me an ulcer.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join