It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Arizona, 'Los Samaritanos' leave water and food on trails used by immigrants

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I'm lovin' it

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I suppose next you'll want to set up a free McDonalds and say, " Come on in, taste American Freedom"

well yeah that is freedom
fast food.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by kyred

Even if a thief breaks into my house and I shoot the slimy critter because he or she is threatening me, and he or she is lying on the floor of my house bleeding, I would still try to stem the flow of blood. Just call me silly, I guess.

I think your missing the point. If I shot a robber in my house, I too would try to make sure the poor sucker dont die on me.. at least till the cops get there.. but that is very different than what these people do.

That robber is in your personal space right next to you in your home.. These people go out and seek the illegals to help them. It's like if I were a drug dealer and I heard the cops were coming for my buddy across town, and I go find him to warn him. that's just not right.
Or if I left maps around so the other drug dealers would know where to go so they can avoid the cops.

That's the same as what these people do.

How do any of you know it's not all a lie.. and that's the cover story they use to help the illegals so they can gain sympathy in the public and hopefully not go to jail. - You don't. You only know what these people who are criminals themselves want you to believe.

What do these people do if they catch up with the illegals.. do they turn them in to the law.... no? The help them escape the law in fact.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
These " good ole boys" crack me up.

They cry like school children who has had a crayon taken from them, yet when you point out that this land originaly belonged to Indians then they say " well we took it fair and square, if they couldn't defend it they shouldn't own it"

no, you stole it. and killed thousands of innocent people. When you do it it's called conquest, when you begin to get invaded you cry " illegal".

give me a freaking break, you live in a world where might is right, worrying only about what you have, and have not. You think if there was no illegals maybe you would drive a BMW instead of a pickup truck. Or live in a mansion instead of a trailer..... yeah and maybe you'd be morbidly obese instead of just obese.

growing lazy and complacent, no work ethic, just an infalted sense of entitlement.

I know I made alot of generalizations, but I am american and yes I was born here, unfortuantely this has been my experience in the work force through out the last ten years, lazy, lazy, dumb, people. Who don't do anything but cry about their vacation or benefits.

In fact my last company laid off the whole work force and decided to contract out labor because the Union had become so powerful and greedy. Men would fall asleep at work, get fired, file a greivance and come back 3 months later, the kicker is, the company would have to pay them for those 3 months out, it was just ridiculous.

and I hear now the work is being contracted out to illegals for ten bucks an hour, no vacation, no benefits, nothing. Now who do I blame for this ??? The Illegals ?? I don't. I feel like if the average american didn't look like a dimwitted sack of donuts rolling across the floor I would still have a job. But they don't want to work, they just want to get PAID !

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Your freaking kidding me right??

I did not conquer anyone and neither did my parents or their parents etc.. I was born here. I do not fault a Mexican illegal baby for being born here.. so why do you do that to Americans who were born here now?

I am not a person who illegally steps over another countries border and demands I be treated like one of their own.

You sir are just too funny.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Haha IB, well said. Americans took the land from the Indians. That was a great read
. Back to the OP, I applaud the efforts made to provide the substances that we need to survive on. For they are human beings and so are we. If we don't look after each other, stand by each other, who will? Just because they're illegal doesn't mean they have the right to die. Murderers do worst crimes, hell we don't kill them here in the UK or send them to the pits of hell. The woman's actions is something that we should all achieve.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

That's what you don't get, ... their not " demanding" anything. That's what we do. They go out and get it. They work their butt's off and take full advantage of any opportunity, not exploit it.

I do not agree with illegal immigration, but it would not exist if there were no demand for it. They don't come here and set wages, employers do that. The real reason people don't want them here is because they don't want to work harder for less cash, they don't want to work period.

It pains me to see america in this complacent state. So since america isn't going to roll it's sleeves up and quit Miccy D's the best thing to do is target company's who employ illegals with stiff fines and penalty's.

We could also stop shopping at places like Walmart, who's stock is prolly 80% from china and taiwan. Who funnel our money oversea's instead of paying an american company to do it for more, actually that's not true, it probably is an american company, ... who just manufacture oversea's.

Yet No, americans still flock to these supercenters in droves, .... they don't want to help the economy, .... no no no, they want to save 43 cents on a lead tainted lego playset for little billy.

but all of thats just another issue alltogether.

damn, I'm venting tonight, ... feels good. haha

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

anyone helping someone who is up to illegal activities is aiding/harboring/accomplice. anyone helping Illegals enter the country even just feeding them should be deported as well as the illegals

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 5 oClock

I understand your compassion, but my wifes grandmother who came here off the boat from Ireland (they kept her & the other Irish below deck) roughed it went through Ellis Island and escaped New York to NJ not a big jump but the city was eatin folks like her up at that time.
Point is back in the day they came through the front door not the back window in the middle of the night.

If your American we all have the same stories many of these stories are of hardships, but they came for the same reasons our ancestors came.....

So why can't they just walk upto the border and be let in? Like all of our families did? Is it because they are Latinos? Shouldn't it be just as easy for them as it was for our families???

Tell me how is it different today than it was then?????

IMO if I were born in Mexico or further south with the corruption and low wages and low standard of living I would see 3 choices

1. Rebel against my government creating death and destruction in our neighborhoods [this is happening down south]
  2. Go to America Land of Plenty get a good job buy a house and live happily ever after here
  3. Work as many jobs as I can then return home and be a rich man and live a American Lifestyle back home.

2 or 3 they will still have friends and family around them wherever they go.

Are they breaking laws coming here illegally,of course Bust Why is it ilegal?

I think most of you are missing this point, where these families differ from our Ancestors is There Ancestors have lived here or parts of America for Thousands of years!!!!!!

There Family's are From The Americas

I kept track of this thread all night long on my phone, and SO latest thread and his advice "STEADY" .........I really wanted to curse so thank god my phone doesn't store passwords right....

I personally feel there are certain talking heads out there with a racist agenda and many are being manipulated.

It's easy to be racist.......

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
How can you condone breaking a federal law?

Easy!! at one time slavery was legal At one time Women could not vote, at one time blacks could not vote or drink from the same fountain as whites at one time pot was made illegal in Texas to keep the Mexicans out and these racist and bigoted laws still remain firmly in place

I'm sorry, but turn this scenario around, and you'll be in prison for years in Mexico.

Agreed and thats a bunch of crap.....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by 5 oClock

I understand your compassion, but my wifes grandmother who came here off the boat from Ireland (they kept her & the other Irish below deck) roughed it went through Ellis Island and escaped New York to NJ not a big jump but the city was eatin folks like her up at that time.
Point is back in the day they came through the front door not the back window in the middle of the night.

If your American we all have the same stories many of these stories are of hardships, but they came for the same reasons our ancestors came.....

So why can't they just walk upto the border and be let in? Like all of our families did? Is it because they are Latinos? Shouldn't it be just as easy for them as it was for our families???

Tell me how is it different today than it was then?????

IMO if I were born in Mexico or further south with the corruption and low wages and low standard of living I would see 3 choices

1. Rebel against my government creating death and destruction in our neighborhoods [this is happening down south]
  2. Go to America Land of Plenty get a good job buy a house and live happily ever after here
  3. Work as many jobs as I can then return home and be a rich man and live a American Lifestyle back home.

2 or 3 they will still have friends and family around them wherever they go.

Are they breaking laws coming here illegally,of course Bust Why is it ilegal?

I think most of you are missing this point, where these families differ from our Ancestors is There Ancestors have lived here or parts of America for Thousands of years!!!!!!

There Family's are From The Americas

I kept track of this thread all night long on my phone, and SO latest thread and his advice "STEADY" .........I really wanted to curse so thank god my phone doesn't store passwords right....

I personally feel there are certain talking heads out there with a racist agenda and many are being manipulated.

It's easy to be racist.......

And it's easy to show ones ignorance and throw the race card on the table.

Also, it's not just Mexicans crossing into the US. Every year there are many OTMs (Other Than Mexicans) crossing, or attempting to cross into the US from Mexico; many of whom are from Middle Eastern countries. Hope that gives you a warm fuzzy!

The "Good Samaritans" in the OP may end up providing sustenance to a terrorist. If an attack happens due to the non-enforcement of our porous southern border, every member of congress and the president's administration (whom ever it may be at the time) should be brought up on charges of aiding and abetting. Because that's exactly what it would be.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Personally America at this time needs more Service to Others, kind hearted and family oriented type of people.

All of our ancestors, except the American Indians were at one time immigrants.

It always give me hope for mankind to read "nice" stories of people who perform random acts of kindness with no hidden agenda.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This would be a non-issue if homeland security actually gave a hoot about protecting the borders. They had their panties in a bunch just because Arizona wanted to enforce FEDERAL law, I mean what do you have when the federal government won't enforce federal law (except it's own). If it's such a big deal to you, let the illegals into this country so long as you throw out the illegals in the white house.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It would be nice if everyone did this everywhere,what a wonderful world it would be...

Eh?.

It actually isn't so bad as many think it is,the world is a nicer place than you have been led to believe it is.

Your TV news services try real hard to show you the bad in the world,to make you think it is dangerous outside of your self made prison.

There was a time when the only borders were land and water and sky.

I'm not a globalist,but people need to quit fighting about things that really don't matter before the entire world is destroyed.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

You do know there is a LEGAL way for them to come here to escape poverty and dispair, right? You do realize that illegals don't pay taxes, right? You do realize that taxpayers are the ones picking up their slack, right? People don't address the real issue enough. This isn't about race, this is about those who have legal obligations to pay taxes and those who want to a$$fukc our system for a free ride at the taxpayers expense.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by riffraff

Those people were native to this continent before all the white races showed up to steal the resources,and kill them for objecting,so who is really doing the trespassing here?.

Same old,same old.

Aside from that,it's not really the illegals that are the problem,it's the corporations and so on that hire them.

If there was no work for them,they wouldn't even come here.

Somebody isn't talking,somebody isn't asking,somebody is averting their gaze.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Interesting story. I have family in Green Valley, and one day a group of illegals wandered into their yard and asked for water. They were desperately thirsty. He (male relative) let them drink from the hose, then gave them a bit of a head start, then called Border Patrol. He has BP on speed dial in his cell phone. He also wears a sidearm because they move through that area at every hour in the day.

I probably would have done the same thing. I wouldn't deny someone water if they've been out in the desert for who knows how long, but once you've topped off, you're going to have Border Patrol on your ass.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
every one keeps saying if the came here leagely you would welcome them with open arms.and why dont they come here leagly .
now many of these people will pay a coyote 500$ American to get here.
that is a years wages there .
now what does this tell you?
It tells it its easier and cheaper to pay 500$ then years it takes them YEARS get that to save twice that much then it is to come here leagely .
all your grand parents needed was the cost of a ship ticket .
your all full of it you vote for law that makes it harder and harder for people to come here then complain when they do it illegally.
as for helping a man DYING OF THIRST THE LAW in AZ is NO man can be turned away if he ask for WATER thats the LAW its on every store window .
so If this MAN of woman walked up to your door and asked for water and you turn them away YOU ARE THE CRIMINAL its Arizona LAW people I know I lived there for a wile
that law doesn't say you can deni a man water If you think he has comited a crime . Because unless you ask for id and can tell if its real then you dont know if hes illagle.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The folks that are doing this "humanitarian work" should be made to do a little public service work, since they are such good hearted people.

And here's a good place to get them started....

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 083030p://06America/Chicago06 by Tinman67]

[edit on 083030p://06America/Chicago06 by Tinman67]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I will probably get flamed big time for saying this, but I disagree with leaving food and water along the trail.

These immigrants attempt dangerous desert crossings at their own choosing, knowing that it is very dangerous and that there is a possibility that they may die while they are committing a CRIME.

It's time that bleeding heart liberals stopped coddling CRIMINALS.

If they die in the desert, it was completely avoidable - all they had to do was stay in Mexico, or immigrate to the USA at the legal crossings with legal paperwork and they would have been fine.

There are other options to illegal immigration if they want into the USA so badly.

They don't have any sympathy from me. If I tried to cross from Canada into the USA illegally by walking through the woods and got mauled by some wild animal, I wouldn't expect any sympathy from you.

Oh, and there's a VERY big difference between someone ASKING a residence or business for water and water being left for these people on the trails. Also, being that the law says that the language of the USA is English, if I was a business owner or someone came to my home asking for water in Spanish, it's not a reasonable expectation for me to understand what they are saying if they can't be bothered to learn the language of the country they want to call home.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09
Agreed, even if you disagree with illegal immigration, at the end of the day these are people just like yourself and they deserve to live a full life and not die just trying to make money for their families.

Then they should come through the front door and do it legally. No one is forcing them to come here. They are deliberately breaking the law.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join