It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Troll Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Having been a memeber of this site for some time now and read some very intelligent arguments, whom also provide valid information and consistancy in their arguments..it appears (my opinion and observations) that ATS is being infested with Trolls...who provide spurios information and are also I believe at the younger end, that believe the world is a black and white canvas and are so full of their own veiws and ego..and believe that to come on ATS and provide information from their own biase and niave interpretation of events just to score points..

To anyone reading this post ATS is not about scoring points or pushing out our own opinions ...ATS is about information, questioning and creating a balance of information then making our own personal judgement..and also doing our own research.

Being contentious to score points ..does not lead to truth..

This is my opinion from observing how the site has deteriorated due to Trolls..
I do not care for any replies to this post or any U2Us..but having been a member for some time I have seen an influx of garbage ..

Anyone that has been a long tem member and understands what I am getting at...
Please direct me to site that dosen't have this ..

However I will still look in on ATS although...most of the stuff posted I will not take seriously

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
Having been a memeber of this site for some time now and read some very intelligent arguments, whom also provide valid information and consistancy in their arguments..it appears (my opinion and observations) that ATS is being infested with Trolls...who provide spurios information

Long time member, huh? How is it you bypassed the rant section of BTS?

This is a rant, no?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Most of the forums are infiltrated. I've posted some research about disinfo agents on my blog, if you're interested.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As a new member here i can not honestly say if there are more or less trolls then in the past.

but i do however find alot of truth to what you are saying here and respect the fact that you posted this wrant in a forum where you yourself cannot earn stars...

that being said in the past few weeks i have noticed alot of thread OP's are simply using sensationalism with no real credible foundation for there posts just thier own opinion.

i have also noticed alot of these posters do not use the search engine to check and see if they were beaten to the punch on thread content. this infuriates me as they are stealing stars flags and credit from the people who actually deserve it.

you will notice also that the only thread i have started myself is my introduction. and the reason for that is because i actually check to see if i am wasting bandwith beforehand.

and yes this site is NOT about aquiring S+F's in my opinion, but they do have thier place as a sort of barometer or BS meter.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i ve been amember shortly and learning how 2 best use ats evry day
i do understand ur thread but im sure these trolls will grow 2 be respectable membersds of ats cuz u always get shot down here if u are full of it

thanks ats and all it members
evne do some things can still improve in my opinion

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Trolls are attacking the entire internet. The mods here do a pretty good job of keeping things straight and in the cases they can't, common sense is a pretty good fail safe.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shuck

Oh my God, trolls on the www?

Meaningful content is rare on any website. From my perspective the intenet is just another form of entertainment for those of us that have become disgusted with TV.

Discretion and discernment are the by words here at ATS.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I've noticed an influx of dis-info agents since the Israel thing happened. There were a few threads addressing these concerns about people infiltrating forums such as this one just to spout their banter, cause dissension, and cause a general ruckus. There was one thread posted not two days ago, and I immediately called this person out as a disinfo agent. Less than 12 hours later the person was banned. The thread was not 404'ed, but the OP was banned. I think as more people start waking up to the bullcrap that the MSM and the Fed tries to shove down our throats, there will be even harder efforts to discredit the entire conspiracy theorist culture. Don't worry, common sense and proper debate protocol will prevail and will shadow the desperate efforts by a government that knows it is in trouble.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Why is it that about every week or so, somebody complains about the "trolls" on the forum, or lack of quality content due to the same.
ATS is a message board, open to anyone..there is no instant troll filter when you sign up.It is also just like REAL LIFE..there will always be those whose opinions differ from yours, who's knowledge and life experience is different from yours.
A troll may be someone annoying to you,but you will find the same traits in people no matter where you go.
It is all subjective.
Quite simply,use your own filter, and read those posts which you like, and ignore the rest.
ATS has a FABULOUS ignore feature for members, I suggest you use it.
Your experience here can be as pleasant or painful as you yourself make it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Well,if you do find something that may seem just someone trolling for a response,use the alert feature!

A moderator will be notified and if they agree the post will be blocked.

The moderators do a great job,but they cannot read everything.

Members have to help out and notify the moderators.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Can't say much, but I think this music might sum it up. =P No offence to you younger, more mature members.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by Slash]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well i see by your registration date you have been on ATS for a while now. But if you really read a lot here you would know that we get the "Hey guys whats wrong with ATS?" kind of thread about every 3 days. Too many trolls, no good content or how the iste is going downhill.

top topics

join