It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball over Bayonne, NJ Port 5/21/10

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
My buddy works over at the New York/New jersey ports in Bayonne and the surrounding area fueling up the cranes and equipment in the mornings. He leaves around 2:30 in the morning with a truckload of fuel from central Jersey and finishes up at like 10 am.

So anyway, yesterday I had lunch with him and he told me the story and showed me a picture he took on his cell phone of an early morning, slow moving fireball he spotted shortly before sunrise.

The little tidbits that accompany the picture is the fact that many of the people he bull****s with in the morning who work at the port had been telling him of strange orb shapes in the clouds the day before. He supplied me with a picture from the day before as well but I was unable to discern anything out of it.

After the Fireball he asked around if anyone else had seen it and had no luck on that front. He said it was completely silent and it descended so it would not have drawn any attention to it.

So the few things that truly struck me about the photo are how the trail of the fireball seems to come straight from the clouds and has no entry line into the clouds. Also to the right and above the trail of the fireball is a strange object, as well as a few of them just above the visible line of the trucks at the bottom of the picture. I assume they are jut seagulls but maybe someone else has better vision.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20b3cbefbf1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Took me forever to find something that could pull the picture off his phone but there is a smaller version of it. I uploaded the full sized version to my site and you can see it with this link:

distinctdisadvantage.comuv.com...

The shot taken the day before for any sort of comparison can be seen here:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8949e1450891.jpg[/atsimg]

And the full size version of that photo here:

distinctdisadvantage.comuv.com...

In case you are curious the pictures were taken with an LG ENV 3, which from what I saw has a 3 MP camera on it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Nice photo.

The Black Brant rocket was launched from White Sands on the same day. They come down into the Atlantic. You've captured its re-entry. Very cool.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Fox can you show me where you found this info? I have been looking up the Black Brandt rocket and have not come across anything that specifically mentions recent launch dates nor their range or capabilities.

Also where my friend is located at the taking of this picture, the Upper Bay is directly past the crane you can see, followed by Long Island further to the east. This is not the Atlantic Ocean he is overlooking but a heavily populate area.

I have my doubts they would a low a rocket re-entry to occur over Long Island.....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22090c7dbaaf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
A trail ending at the horizon.
But what trail and what created it.
Sort of puffy and luminous.
Perhaps not self luminous but of sufficient index of refraction
disturbing of the atmosphere to alter the light transmission
of the Sun.

Yeah thats it.
Don't toss out the Tesla ether craft it might still have a chance.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

top topics

join