It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio--controlled clocks to show us there is nothing wrong with time.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Just look at your radio controlled clock...

Pay attention to the seconds digits and watch them switch to the next second.

Is it just me or are they switching much faster than they used to?

Here on ATS there are some threads about time speeding up and I must say that I do have the FEEL that time goes by faster.

No, not because I am getting older....or that I am busy all the time. Just look at your RC-clock yourself. I can remember when I was younger watching a digital clock that the seconds past more 'tranquil'.

Are these RC-clocks introduced by TPTB so that we have proof that there are still '24 hours' in a day and there is nothing strange going on?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Radio controlled clocks ...

You mean radio/alarm clocks . Or are you suggesting that the clocks are being controlled by some external forces
. On ATS you have got to ask these questions .

There are many more `time-keepers` other than "radio controlled clocks" , so wouldn`t the descrepency between these corrupted/uncorupted devices become rather noticable after a relatively short period of time

Are these RC-clocks introduced by TPTB so that we have proof that there are still '24 hours' in a day and there is nothing strange going on?

link

the duration of 9,192,631,770 cycles of microwave light absorbed or emitted by the hyperfine transition of cesium-133 atoms in their ground state undisturbed by external fields .

The definition of a second / Atomic time.

=============================================

What in your opinion , is the purpose of this temporal deception ?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I dont think that if time was infact speeding up it would show on digital clocks,

you would need an atomic clock to test it.

I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Maybe you could try concentrating on the seconds, and to slow them with your mind.

after all, time is only how your brain percieves it, you can make it last much longer if you wanted to.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Actually time speed has not changed at all, because if it had, all persons would have noticed, and we know this is not the case. Some perceive time different because their consciousness has modified, has expanded.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I suppose if there is truth to the expanding earth idea then gravity may become greater and would affect the relativity of time but this would be uniform to everyone on earth and I don't think we would notice any difference, time would still appear to run at the same speed. Plus any differences would be pretty minute (i would imagine).

I have no idea but just thowing the idea out there.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If "physical" time was actually speeding up, then would people also age faster? Would the frequency of radiation also speed up?

If so, then all electronic clocks would also speed up. Just about all electronic clocks get their timebase from a vibrating crystal of quartz. If natural radiation and aging and such also speed up at the same rate, then so would these clocks, no need to be radio controlled.

The question is (if all this is fact), would pendulum-based clocks also speed up? If so, why? Does gravity also change? Would that be proof that gravity is linked to time?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The radio controlled clocks we have at work sync up only every 12 hours - The "time" signal isn't being continually streamed.

The reason i know this, is because when the batteries start dying and they fall behind it's fun seeing it race to catch up at 12 o clock

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

He means clocks that are controlled by a remote time signal

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I think time seem to speed up with age. Let me explain...

When you are born, your first day is the longest ever. Because your first day represent your whole life so far. The second day after your born represent half of your whole life, since your 2 days old, one day is half of your life. Three days is 1/3 of your life etc...

The older you get, the shorter the fraction get. It's all based on perception. If you are 60 yrs old 1 day is about 1/21840 of your life. So yes it will seem to go faster.

I dunno if I explain myself well?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I think time speeds up and slows down it always does this.
Although its measured by a physical thing there is to many variables to say its always the same.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
reply to post by UmbraSumus

He means clocks that are controlled by a remote time signal

en.wikipedia.org...

Thank you for clearing that up .

Very interesting .

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Shh! Time related problems are not well seen on ATS! You have opened up a can of worm and will probably face tons of ridicule!

After all, ATS is only about conspiracies and strange happenings...

Nothing to see here, move along!...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Non of you did what I asked you to do...
It seems that you all know that time can not speed up.
One comes with the definition of time and the other just have a good laugh.

No, I pretty serious about it and I am not the only one who thinks or feels that something is off with our time.

Anyways,..maybe time will tell

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Einstein taught us a long time ago that the rate at which time passes is subject to change. With special relativity, we learned that your personal clock ticks slower if you are accelerating compared to someone at "rest". With General relativity, he showed us that your personal clock ticks faster the closer you are to a massive object such as the earth, compared to someone further away from the massive object in question. Basically, your clock ticks ever so slightly faster at sea level than it does at the top of a skyscraper, because you are closer to the source of space time distortion (the earth).

How do we know this? Fortunately for us, there are universal clocks we can use to compare the passage of time between observers. One such clock is the speed of light, another would be the natural vibrational frequency of certain atoms (how atomic clocks work). If you take two synced atomic clocks, leaving one on the ground, and flying one around the world in a plane, when the plane lands, the clock its carrying will show less time has passed vs the one on the ground. It also turns out that GPS would not work if we didn't take the relative nature of time into account (thanks Einstein). If you are interested in this topic I suggest you look up "tests of special relativity" or "time dilation".

My point is, we know some stuff about time. If you want to add to our understanding, its best to begin with what we know, and work from there... Before you toss Einstein out of the window.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I like Osiriss's thoughts on this, it makes a lot of sense. But playing the Devil's advocate, if time was speeding up it would be across the board so to speak. Everything would speed up and so make changing the speed of all clocks unnecessary, unless it is a localized time warp.

Time, in my opinion is simply motion from the big bang. Since we are inside the big bang right now, our time is dependent upon the speed that the bang is expanding. Our perception of time can change however. I was in a double car accident with my friends observing from outside my vehicle. After the first impact, I experienced plenty of time before the second car slammed into mine. My friends on the street said I got hit one right after the other in about one or two seconds apart.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Zatara! I am the only one who flagged you. Yes, I seemed to joke in my post, but seriously, I wonder if time-related problem CAN'T be discussed on ATS, it seems.

I have posted many times about what is known here as "Time-Shifts".

I say I am one of them. And to show you I do not fear ridicule, and that it can open a can of worm, here's my list of time troubles;

15 years ago, I saw a documentary about archeology and when I saw it again, 10 months later, there was a different ending, because the find was different, my first contact with "time-shifts"...

Then, for a matter of 2 years, we had to resettle our clocks (electric or battery powered ), watches for losing 15 minutes nearly every three months.

Then there was New-Zealand. But I won't comment further on this as it is a no-no on ATS.

A few months ago, we were watching an NHL hockey game, and the time that we saw ( 4 witnesses + 1 baby ) between the second and third period lasted 3 minutes instead of 15...

You remember when the Pope Benedict XVI celebrated his 5th year as a Pope? I don't. My son is 5, and he was 2 and a half when Benedict was nominated. Some remember it, here on ATS.

But as I said, look at this thread burn, now...

It is sad, but even the open-mindedness of ATS is limited by its own members. Like a chain that is as strong as its weakest part.

How "Time-Shifts" works? I don't know. Maybe what you perceive is real not only for you, but for many others. Some have already noticed, but weren't sure, some will find it later.

At the very least, you are now a member of those who are affected by "anomalies" of time.
Why us? Don't know either. And as long as it will be impossible to hold such a conversation, and collect data in a serious manner, even if only to find a new mental illness, we won't find out.

Sorry about the joke. I didn't mean to hurt you. I just got hurt too much about it and reacted badly.

SO! When did you find out about this speeding up? As a guesstimate, by how much faster do you calculate it to be?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
When I open up the clock on the computer(bottom right) and look at the second hand and the seconds being displayed, too me it seems like there is some sort of lag, roughly every 5 seconds. Just an observation I did just now, don't know if it actually means anything tho. Try it yourself and see if the same happens to you.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
In my opinion, no, time is not speeding up, but the human perception of it is. Many more will notice this in the coming months. As our vibrational rate increases, so will our preceptions of all things.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
If time were speeding up, you wouldn't have any way of knowing since you're part of this "frame of reference".

<<   2 >>

join