It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How religion made Jews genetically distinct

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Studies show significant Similarities within the Jewish people. They are more closely related do to their religion. I most cases their way of life prevents them to mingle.

Jewish populations around the world share more than traditions and laws – they also have a common genetic background. That is the conclusion of the most comprehensive genetic study yet aimed at tracing the ancestry of Jewish people.

Visit THIS ! LINK. To read the article.

I'm interested in this because someone ( ATS member ) said to me the lost tribes of Israel are not just those who now live there. The other 11 live among us all and could be you and me.

I thought it to be a little bit far fetched but after this article I'm not so sure anymore.

Visit this Link.. It's in there somewhere.
The Members name was Shane.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
"Atzmon says that overall, the genetic similarity among Jews is equivalent to what would be expected among fifth cousins from a random population." - quote from article.

They should mingle a little more

It's true, any of us could be from the lost tribes. They mention non-Jews cannot get into the religion easily, because of their laws, but it is easier to get out of the religion, if so inclined. My father's side has a Jewish last name, but they added in a letter to make the spelling non-Jewish. I would prefer not to be a chosen one though

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

The Scientific American article was very interesting.
The Acts of the Apostles talks about Gentiles as well as Jews attending the synagogue.
A lot of these "interested" Gentiles decided to listen to Paul and become Christians, but the article's findings on the genetics suggest that a large number of them decided to stay with the synagogues and join the Jewish community outright.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

On the subject of the "lost tribes", though-
These are supposed to be the inhabitants of the northern kingdom, who were taken into exile by the Assyrians.
They would have been taken to what is now northern Iraq and Iran.
My own theory is that they probably stayed there, got absorbed into the local population, and became part of the ancestry of the people in those regions.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
unfortunatey the khazars like the rothschild mess alot of s":][. by giving the Jews a bad name

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
When i first read the title i thought it ment how jewish religion made jews genetically distinct, just by announcing they are by claim.

anyways whether or not they really are genetically distinct now dosent really matter now in regards to that whole "whether there are or arent genetic jews"situation in regards to palestine land, what matters is regard to the genetic ancestors of the claimed holy land is the genetic ancestors, so that means the genetics of the people back then.

also another possibly genetically distinct group of people are the n Koreans because of there isolation.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Regarding the "Lost Tribes" , Israel is about to fund a genetic study to determine whether there is a link between the lost tribes of Israel and the Pashtuns of Afghanistan and northern Pakistan.

The origin of the Pashtun is ancient and unknown.

As per Wikipedia and the Pashtuns oral traditions this is what it says

"Some anthropologists lend credence to the mythical oral traditions of the Pashtun tribes themselves. For example, according to the Encyclopaedia of Islam[citation needed], the theory of Pashtun descent from Israelites is traced to Maghzan-e-Afghani who compiled a history for Khan-e-Jehan Lodhi in the reign of Mughal Emperor Jehangir in the 17th century.

Another book that corresponds with Pashtun historical records, Taaqati-Nasiri, states that in the 7th century BC a people called the Bani Israel settled in the Ghor region of Afghanistan and migrated later to the southeast areas. These references to Bani Israel agree with the commonly held view by Pashtuns that when the twelve tribes of Israel were dispersed (see Israel and Judah and Ten Lost Tribes), the tribe of Joseph, among other Hebrew tribes, settled in the region.[44] This oral tradition is widespread among the Pashtuns. There have been many legends over the centuries of descent from the Ten Lost Tribes after groups converted to Christianity and Islam. Hence the tribal name Yusufzai in Pashto translates to the "son of Joseph". A similar story is told by the 16th century Persian historian, Ferishta."

I think is a very interesting topic. The fact the they are genetically distinct lies within the facts that traditionally Jews do not marry outside their faith.
Almost all Jewish either Orthodox or Reform would advice their kids to marry within the religion.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

Where on Earth did you read something the holyland ???

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Ive been doing some research, and im sickened by what I have found.

Hitler was a Jewish agent sent to germany to infiltrate the germans and take their Aryon WOMEN. The Jews are after our WOMEN because theirs are ugly and un-evolved...thats what their one world government is all about. They believe they are the master race and they want to mate and rape the beautiful women and kill off every other race...# im about to throw up.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Israel were socially engineered to maintain their genetic identity.

The human genome was under pressure from hybrid tribes to destroy the unique 'seed of men'...
...this is the reason for the lists of genealogies...
...the reason for laws and ceremonies that precluded intermingling...
...and the purpose of commands to kill all living thing in tribes around them.

Although the genetic exclusivity was no longer necessary once the Messiah was expressed through their genes...
...the social conditioning continues to maintain their identity.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

There is some distinction, but between Jews, Samaritans, and "Palestinians" they are all very closely related.

I would not be surprised at all find out that the ancestors of the "Palestinians" were Jews who converted to Islam.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

i totally get your point. it makes sense.

EXCEPT...
if it IS true that all known Jews are more closely related, genetically, than all others who claim to be non-Jews...
and it is ALSO true that the remaining 11 tribes are scattered all over and could be any one or more of us right here on this thread...

then it can't be because of religion or anything other than INBREEDING

UNLESS....
people that practice Judaism but that converted as Gentiles, as opposed to being born into a Jewish family, also have the same intensity and character of shared genetics as those who were raised as Jews.

right?
do you follow what i mean?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Since you are on the subject you should look at the bible prophesies on the subject.

Genesis: Chapter 48 and 49.

Link
bible-study.jordanpark.org...

Also look at what Romans 11 has to say.
bible-study.jordanpark.org...

But according to Genesis the descendants of Jacob/Israel were to become fathers of nations. And Ephraim was supposed to become a multitude of nations.

And if you look at Romans 11 you have to ask the question of what is the olive tree? And the answer is that it's the family tree of Israel. When you become a Christian you are grafted into the olive tree. You become an adopted child of Israel.

Something to think about.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ntech]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys but I first wanted to find what I was talking about.
Please read it I've found it.

Zebulon / Zebulun

2074 Zbuwluwn zeb-oo-loon' or Zbuluwn [zeb-oo-loon']; or Zbuwlun [zeb-oo-loon']; from 2082; habitation; Zebulon, a son of Jacob; also his territory and tribe:--Zebulun.

Do you "Know" who this tribe is representative of TODAY?

Where do you live Sinter?

Genesis 49:13 Zebulun shall dwell at the haven of the sea; and he shall be for an haven of ships; and his border shall be unto Zidon.

Zebulun shall live along the Sea, and shall be a Place of refuge for Ocean Vessels.

Fairly easy to follow, correct?

How about this?

Deuteronomy 33:18 And of Zebulun he said, Rejoice, Zebulun, in thy going out; and, Issachar, in thy tents.
33:19 They shall call the people unto the mountain; there they shall offer sacrifices of righteousness: for they shall suck of the abundance of the seas, and of treasures hid in the sand.

They shall "Suckle" the Seas, and find wealth hidden in the reclaimed Ground.

Sound fair again?

Sinter, You inhabit the Habitation Place of Zebulon. Zebulun is Modern Day Holland.

Prophesies, thousand of years old, foretell the nature of Zebulun and his descendants and this chosen tribe has arisen to excel in fulfilling these prophesies.

Rotterdam is the WORLDS LARGEST haven for Ships.
Holland, found it RICHES from the Soils reclaimed by from the seas. Production of Flowers have made this place rich beyond expectations.
These Dutch Peoples have even crossed this with another Recent Sand Sucking Venture. They, unlike anyother country in the world, clearly define who is in control of this second venture.
Royal Dutch Shell

I could go on and on, but the point is, Zebulun was part of a Chosen People, and given Chosen Tasks and Abilities foretold 1000's of year ago.

And what is the result of this. Biblical Prophesy about a Chosen People fulfilled.
Link.

I still have to come up with the answer

This was the first thing I thought about when read the article.

What do you think ?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Well... not entirely what the article says but it is easily a possible result when aliens would have created a slave race with a self sufficient role model.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I was going through some old threads I posted, and this one gets an up date.

The genetic material, we have learned to decode, and the discoveries made as a result, combined with technological advances, that made the sequencing of DNA cheaper and a lot faster, caused our knowledge of our genetic ancestry grow exponentially.

Ashkenazi Jews (AJ) are an outgroup to Russian, Orcadian, French, Basque, Italian, Sardinian and Tuscan. This creates an impression that AJ are an older, more divergent population that shares common descent with the other members of its clade. A direct historical interpretation of this tree would make AJ the oldest population in Europe. However, this would be a patently false interpretation, and we know it from historical sources.

This A.J.population didn't interbred with closely related family, while the European, and Middle-Eastern neighbors population shows a higher amount of inbreeding, with relative recent ancestors.
The A.J. population also shows inbreeding throughout the population, but the genetic material shows this happened a lot longer ago in the ancestral history.

How sufficient is the European admixture hypothesis in explaining the higher diversity values among AJ compared to neighboring Europeans? If we assume that Jews and Christians mixed throughout Jewish history, we should also assume, as a null hypothesis, that gene flow was reciprocal. Consequently, admixture levels should be comparable. Bray et al don’t test this hypothesis, but their admixture explanation only works if Jews have outbred into Europeans much more effectively than Europeans have outbred into Jews. For this they don’t offer any evidence. But if overall their explanation is right, the question arises what kind of Jewish marriage arrangement favored greater intake of European genes? Could it be that Jews have been practicing sexual selection on their European neighbors (or selective ethnic exogamy) mating with only those Europeans who exhibited physical and behavioral traits conducive to increasing Jewish fitness as a group?

Source: Anthropogenesis Kinship studies

What I found intriguing, was the genetic diversity withing the A.J. population.
The original Jews that populated the area known as Israel these days, should be a lot more related to the Middle-Eastern population.

A lot of people call themselves the chosen people, when the evidence shows a population ( A.J. ) with more genetic diversity, while their gene pool was isolated from their neighbor populations.
A Middle-Eastern Jew got his genetics sequenced, and was confronted with an unexpected result.
Genetic variety, showed his ancestral history showed up all over the globe, causing him to feel bad about the claims made by Jews these days that Israel is theirs to call home.

It really was sad to see the guy losing his believe and ideas about his place in the world, things he never even doubted before. To bad I can't remember when and where I saw the footage on the matter...

Anyway... My point is that besides the better chances of survival, that comes with genetic diversity.
No modern day Jew can come up with evidence, that will prove they didn't travel the globe like all other population ancestry in history. Claims of being part of a chosen people, can be found within their genetic material what would suggest that something different, or other unique genetic trade separates them from all other people.

I wish people would stop giving credits to any God or deity, when modern day science and technology have been more then capable to explain things, and disprove old believes.

For better more peaceful societies around the world. Religious conflict should never be a source of violence and atrocities.
When we realize that religious views and ideas make us cross our own religious or moral standards, to force them on others or to take away the freedom of others, who do not live life as you think they should.
No single reason exists that is good enough, making personal responsibility, something you blame or pass on others.

Anyway... my views and ideas aren't shared by any religious people, so... Genetic evidence won't be enough to cause any believe, to get a reassessment. Forgiove me for the off topic link I used for showing the genetic evidence, that should be enough to make people think before they claim being better then others, or can't control their own emotional response and will be racist, making our differences reason for our own negativity to blame others.

Now I'll go to bed.
Peace.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
A small cursory reading of history (found in the scriptures) clearly states the 12 tribes of "Israel" split into a northern Kingdom called Israel made of 10 tribes and the southern Kingdom called Judah made of 2 tribes Judah and Benjamin (and parts of Levi the priests)

The Jews (Judah) were never the "chosen" people.The Israelite's were a type and shadow of those "nations"to come.Those are the false doctrines of men by very poor extrapolation.The promise was given to Abraham(not an Israelite nor a Jew) the Father of MANY nations ...the chosen people of God is ALL nations... ALL of mankind..and it is most certainly has nothing to do with "one"genetics.All of the tribes of Israel(including Judah) have been dispersed into all of the nations for millenniums!There are no genetic markers nor would it matter.

Paul dealt wit this kind of foolishness back then and it has only got worse.This type of thinking only separates people.The Jews are not special in ANY way.If anything their history as "Judah" is not flattering at all.

posted on Sep, 18 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Rex282

Thank you to post a short and easy explanation, where I needed way to many words for...

All people are part of the chosen ones... That sounds a lot less worrying.
I can live with such a scenario.

Maybe I will live to see a world with more people capable of looking beyond prejudice and smart enough, not getting sucked into masses of people, following the ideas of extremist leaders, or religious zealots.

I'm not counting on it though. I'm only making sure that I live life the best I can.

top topics

join