It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse now redux/ revelations 8:11

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Postulate: the gulf oil spill is based off of Revelation 8: 11

The verse states “[11] And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter”

Wormwood is used to make absinthe, but the second definition of wormwood corresponds to the exact meaning of the word from the verse : Revelation 8:11. Second definition of wormwood is precisely having to do with bitterness

“ 2. something that embitters, such as a painful experience” www.thefreedictionary.com...

Is this revelations being recreated? If it’s not precisely chapter 8 and verse 11 then at the very least it’s unusually parallel to the verse if not to the book itself.

I’m not a religious person, but what about the possibility that this is the book of Revelation being played out?

Am I looking to much into the fact that TPTB are obsessed with numerology? Is this 8:11 and are they counting backwards?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Once again it's a bloody and brutal metaphor, IMHO. One third of the seas being actually tainted is a lot what this looks like to me in the Gulf of Mexico.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The last report said the oil could be leaking until August I believe. Cannot recall the exact thread, it was in breaking news (unless it was moved).

If you are into the number game that is the 8th month. Food for thought.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Here is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.latimes.com...

A maneuver that includes severing a leaking pipe from the well may increase the flow as much as 20%. Officials also say there is no immediate remedy to plug the well until August.

Again, if you are into the numbers game, it might fit your theory.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
the end of the world as we know it. soon, peace and harmony will unite. That is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Raist that does fit my theory. I had not seen that part about August. If I did then I didn't notice it consciously. That's sort of creepy actually.Think about this: Eleven people died, Revelations 8:11, and it's predicted now to end in the 8th month. The "numbers game" you called it. Yeah, I think I'm into it now, brother/sister. I wasn't before , but my attention is now piqued in terms of this "numbers game" that TPTB play.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by assasinforfather
the end of the world as we know it. soon, peace and harmony will unite. That is inevitable.

There's nothing like an REM/Michael Stipe song, but this place we are all in, it's much different. Revelations is being used like a script IMHO

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Glad I could help.

I forgot that it was 11 people that died, somehow I was thinking 13.Too much reading on ATS I guess.

I am not sure about following the numbers game but it certainly is an interesting topic much of the time. I understand we are to keep watch and that while we might not know the exact time we will understand the end is coming.

Edit to say: I am male BTW

Raist

[edit on 6/3/10 by Raist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm not attacking you but it is Revelation and not Revelations.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
there's actually another thread that's going on right now and I think it is proof of this thread because it says men out to sea are getting sick from the oil in the water... jus something to think about..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

So I added an S. I'm not religious like I said. Does that mean that I've added on to the book of revelation? By adding an S? lol In all seriousness did you even read this?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Yeah, I'm not attacking you and I did read all that you wrote. It's just you're not the first to say Revelations. That's why it kind of bugged me.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthSeeker8300

I am glad you pointed that out though. I will not add a S to the book of revelation in the future. But John has so many "revelations" in the book that the book should have S on the end

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
well it seems like the revelation prophecies are being made to happen i am sorry but none of the recent disasters seem natural. every one of them seem to have a guiding hand behind it. but no proof.

swine-flu how did it get out of the lab?
haiti-earthquake that doesnt create a tsunami
actually numeous earthquakes almost weekly basis at one point.
volcano- well maybe this one was natural who knows?
gulf spill- what caused the initial explosion?
and dare i say whats next?
if we go by the bible the antichrist should make an apperance soon

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
You know dragonsmusic, I was thinking about this the other day, the wormwood thing that is.

I was thinking along the same lines you were. I was not thinking the numbers thing though. However, I was thinking that the oil leak was wormwood. I am not saying the idea is right or wrong. Nevertheless, I have been keeping an eye on that and the other things taking place.

Israel is certainly gaining attention worldwide attention. Be they right or wrong in their doings as of late they are a major player at this time. Then you have the rumble and chest beating on the Korean peninsula as well.

If you believe, you know what to do. If not well, the last line in my signature says it all.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Double post please delete.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

It does seem like the revelation prophecies are being made to happen. I would put this on my list called "craziest f$%king thing I've ever heard"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think 8:8-9 is just as well if not more fitting...

I blogged about it after recording this video...

I put it together here...
http://(nolink)/2010/05/30/coincidence-sign-bp-praying-god-works/

Update: Adding the scripture---

8 When the second angel blew his trumpet, something like a huge mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea. One-third of the sea turned into blood,
9 one-third of the creatures that were living in the sea died, and one-third of the ships was destroyed.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by alexhiggins732]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Of course, there are a few things to remember. I thought about them as something I forgot to add to this last night after I got to bed. Sorry I was caught up in the oil spill thing, it happens to me from time to time.

If you are a believer in the rapture, I think it would have happened already.
In addition, the book of Revelation will play out from front to back not the other way around.
Finally, TPTB are not in charge of making it happen, God is, TPTB are nothing in the scheme of things.

For this to be true, we need to list the other signs before this and what they might be.

I hope that this might help you as well.

Raist

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

John wrote what God showed him about the end times. It didn't specify whether the events would be man made or natural. God uses men, hence the writing of the Bible itself is attributed to men, but believers in it say that it is actually God because he is the one who inspired the words. In like manner, not saying I know for a fact, but maybe it is God inspiring men to do these things. Or maybe he is taking His hand of protection off the earth so that all this may occur.

Having said all that... I don't understand God.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join