It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Muslim Civil War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Almost every Muslim state is battling its religious extremists. Every Muslim country has civilian deaths by crazy fanatics, and all around the Muslim world Sunni and Shiites are fighting.

Every western country is dealing with crazy Muslims that stir hate and commit murder (London, France, Spain etc).

Iran is a good example of a Muslim country is on the brink of a revolution. The young people there are tired of religious zealots controlling society and they are asking for reform and a democracy.

Do you think the Muslim world is finally evolving and catching up to the western world? Just as the Europeans had separation of church and state, do you think Muslims will succeed or will the religious Muslim fanatics win?

And if they don’t have a separation of church do you think the Middle Eastern world will look like the reformed Turkey or crazy Iran etc?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Fire Angel]

Mod Edit - All Caps Title.

[edit on Thu, 03 Jun 2010 18:57:04 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting, and yet another intelligent subject!
I think the enlightened and educated will ultimatly prevail.
The fundamentalist ( Muslim, Christian, whatever), is really teaching fear.Fear equals misery. While this appeals to many people, I do believe that people are mostly posative. I think Iran WILL experience this transformation, One reason why I hate the sabre rattling on both sides.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Interesting answer, but i dont see how it can happen. it seems the crazy ones are wining...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire Angel
Interesting answer, but i dont see how it can happen. it seems the crazy ones are wining...

Well that was predicted, I am afraid.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fire Angel

Not sure how you mean "crazy ones" tbh, one persons crazy is another persons normal it seems.

anyways, I don't want to regress on the OP.

Religion, from time to time, at least the major religions go through a growth spurt.

It almost seems that religion across the board is having some growing pains in a lot of areas..

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Crazy ones mean the ones who talk to God instead of society. who think they are above the law and kill people in the name of religion. simple...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

where was it predicted?

top topics

join