It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Predicts Up to 1.4 Million Jobs by Year's End! (what a fool!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The United States will register job gains between 100,000 to 200,000 per month for the rest of the year, predicts Vice President Joseph Biden.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c3266f16df20.jpg[/atsimg]
With May employment data due Friday, that would mean an addition of 700,000 to 1.4 million jobs by year-end.

The median forecast of economists surveyed by Bloomberg calls for a 508,000 payroll gain in May, but much of that is temporary census workers. Payrolls increased by 290,000 in April and 230,000 in March. Given that trend, Biden isn’t exactly stepping out on a limb in his prediction, which was made on the Charlie Rose show.

The economy will "create between 100,000 and 200,000 jobs on average all the way through this year," the vice president said. He declined to predict when unemployment will drop back to 6 percent. It hit 9.9 percent in April.

Source: www.newsmax.com...
Thursday, 03 Jun 2010 01:47 PM

Oh, just another Biden gaffe. This guy gets more passes that a Playboy model. I can't believe these two clowns make it into the White House. Good thing the American public has caught on and is going to stop the Classic Clowns-starting in NOV 2010.

Well, actually it already has started in Virginia, New Jersey, Mass, PA, and on and on.

Biden has no soul to be out there recklessly saying these things to get the people's spirits up. We have been lied to enough Mr. Biden. How about some TRUTH.

You just can' t do it though. The Truth won't set you two free. Your time is a coming...

[edit on 6/3/2010 by anon72]

[edit on 6/3/2010 by anon72]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
so basically he's saying,

"i'll tell you whatever you want to hear?"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Your own source confirms that he isn't really overstating anything...may even be understating it.

Did you not read what you copy/pasted???

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
He might be right.
If Obama can't plug the damn hole, we may all be hired to clean up the damn mess.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mandatory voluntary summer camps

Enjoy the sun and tan!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DangerDeath]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ah Joe Biden The person who Praises terrorist groups eh?

so if he says it must be true!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
He might be right.
If Obama can't plug the damn hole, we may all be hired to clean up the damn mess.

Nice point, but unfortunately even this won't create hundreds of thousands of sustainable jobs.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Etherguide

He might be right.

Nice point, but unfortunately even this won't create hundreds of thousands of sustainable jobs.

It might! This spill could create an ecological disaster that will take decades to clean up. Not to mention the health care jobs created from the disease fostered by the spill.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.thedailygreen.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Obama couldn't stimulate the Economy to save his life.
Who is buying this crap... any recovery that has happened is in spite of him.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Oh I see, NOW you want big government to help you when businesses can't fix their own mess.

Or do you just want to hate Obama for the sake of hating Obama?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
But what happens after they readjust the numbers for all of the fraudulent hiring-firing-rehiring-firing-rehiring of Census workers that each count as a new job???

Census Workers Blowing Whistle on Jobs Fraud

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The curent puppets in office would do well to muzzle this guy, everytime he opens mouth it's either confusing or pure comedy.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

But!

Which hole...and what mess?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Oh I'm sorry, you're probably right.
Maybe the government should kill two birds with one stone and hire illegals to clean up the mess instead.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis

But!

Which hole...and what mess?

Funny you should ask.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Oh I see, so it's the government's job to fix the mess of a private corporation?

A private corporation causes a multi-billion dollar disaster, and you expect big government to clean up that mess?

Why? So you can blame that same big government for not cleaning up the mess made by that private corporation fast enough?

To me, I don't want one red cent of my tax payer money to pay to clean up the environmental disaster caused by a private corporation.

I really don't see the real difference between this and bailing out wall street. No one wanted to bail out wall street. But the government did it anyway.

To me, this is the same thing, a private company that makes billions of dollars in profit every single year has caused a disaster, they should be the ones that pay for it's cleanup.

But you are so hell bent on blaming Obama for something, you want him to deal with something about it so you can bitch about it not being done good enough. Well to be frank, screw you, this isn't the government's problem in my opinion, this is British Petroleum's problem.

But no, you don't want that private corporation to be responsible for it's own actions, you want big government to go in to fix everything. WHY? You want big government to fix the problem so that you can bitch about how badly they are doing to fix the problem.

Stop spewing your crap, it's bull [snip] Us taxpayers shouldn't have to bail out another multi-billion dollar company for their mess.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Instead of focusing on what Biden said, everybody should worry more about what the government is going to do to make it true.

A couple of more wars and a draft would fill those numbers nicely....

We all know that the Census numbers are a joke. Even if they were accurate, hell even if they employed 100 million people with the Census, none of it matters.

Temporary employment is not sustainable job growth.

No matter what numbers the government produces, it matters not. Census' are only done once a decade and I kind of think these employees will want to eat at some point in the next 9 years once they finish their current assignment....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
But you are so hell bent on blaming Obama for something, you want him to deal with something about it so you can bitch about it not being done good enough. Well to be frank, screw you, this isn't the government's problem in my opinion, this is British Petroleum's problem.

Actually, it was Obama that said he's the one in charge now....??

The Federal government has now taken it upon themselves to ensure that BP cleans this mess up. Which means the Federal government is ultimately responsible if it's not.

Kind of like co-signing on a loan. You hope the other guy pays, but if he doesn't, it's your job to come up with the dough.

However, I am completely opposed to growing government even more at this point -- no matter how many jobs they say they can create.

There is no reason that another company can not be formed, just as BP is doing, and working as a sub-contractor with its own set of employees, hired to clean this mess up.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Na ah, bull crap, there is no reason that the POTUS should have anything but scorn for British Petroleum.

This isn't a natural disaster, this is a man made disaster, this is a disaster that was done by big oil screwing up, not Obama.

And there is no reason that tax payer money should be spent cleaning it up. It should come right out of the pocket of BP.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The unemployment rate jumps on 400k temporary Census jobs and 40k private sector jobs and I see Obama on CNN claiming a victory and economic recovery ?? I don't know why they even count the Census jobs because those people will be unemployed again a couple of months. The administration must thing we are all as foolish as they are. Morons taking statistics and spinning them into a lie.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join